• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’m taking this one. Location is Sykesville/Eldersburg. Said 12 spots available

Description
    8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
    This is a HANDS ON emergency medical training course taught by a law enforcement officer/paramedic that emphasizes the history of casualty care, trauma assessment, wound care, hemorrhage control, tourniquet use, and other life sustaining concepts. This is NOT a CPR course.
    There are no prerequisites for attending.
    Course topics will include the following:
    History of tactical combat care
    Causes of field mortality
    Zones of care
    Survival Mindset
    Trauma Assessment
    Terminal Ballistics
    Hemorrhage control with an emphasis on tourniquet use • Basic airway management • Patient evacuation • Transferring care to Police/EMS • Creating an Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK)
    Students will be exposed to simulated blood and will be applying tourniquets to themselves and others.
    Tuition of $150 includes a Generation 7 CAT tourniquet as well as other Individual First-aid Kit (IFAK) supplies (chest seal, shears, gloves, gauze a $70 value).
    Space is limited
    There is no lunch break so plan accordingly.

Last edited:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Thanks for sharing. Basic airway management and bleeding control should be core skills every civilian has.

Also, for those purchasing tourniquets online - there are ALOT of fakes on there, especially the CAT tourniquets. We've identified several fakes in my own classes in the past. I highly recommend buying direct from the distributor. If you purchase on amazon, check that the product is coming from the distributors store front and not some random store or amazon warehouse.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Think I’m going to do this one. Location is Sykesville/Eldersburg

Damn. I think I'm teaching long range that day. This should be a good class. I suspect that the HoCo cop who works with Spartan will be leading it (he's a medic as well as a cop). Looks to be way above STB and similar.

For those considering, the guys who run the company are great. You will get more than your money's worth.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Damn. I think I'm teaching long range that day. This should be a good class. I suspect that the HoCo cop who works with Spartan will be leading it (he's a medic as well as a cop). Looks to be way above STB and similar.

For those considering, the guys who run the company are great. You will get more than your money's worth.

I’ve been waiting for a Stop The Bleed class but agree that this looks looks to be much more comprehensive.

I took an EMT certification course but it was over 20 years ago, lol

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’ve been waiting for a Stop The Bleed class but agree that this looks looks to be much more comprehensive.

I took an EMT certification course but it was over 20 years ago, lol
    Not trying to shade Spartan at all because they are good folks but I'm probably going to a two day medical class this winter with some guys I work with. This would have been a great pregame refresher for that one. I liked the Spartan guys and I have no doubt this will be a high value class.

Looking forward to seeing your review.

Sirex