• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I just received this email from our esteemed ... Well steaming pile.

I'm fuming! I called his office and the lady answering had no explanation for why my gun hasn't committed any violence. Furthermore, if I wanted a reply from O'Malley, I'd have to email him at

Governor.mail@maryland.gov

Thank you for contacting me to express your thoughts on Senate Bill 281/House Bill 294 - Firearm Safety Act of 2013. As you may know, the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 passed both chambers and I signed it into law on May 16, 2013.

The Firearm Safety Act of 2013 contains several provisions that will make Maryland families safer from gun violence. Specifically, the law does the following:
    Bans future sales of certain military-style assault weapons to civilians. Weapons purchased prior to October 1, 2013 would be grandfathered and there is no need to register those previously purchased in Maryland. Maryland manufacturers may still make and sell to military, law enforcement, and out-of-state dealers.
    Reduces the allowable magazine capacity from 20 rounds to 10, making it harder for criminals to gun down, in succession, police officers, school children, or innocent bystanders, without having to re-load.
    Requires common-sense licensing requirements for future handgun purchases, with fingerprinting, background checks, and training in order to prevent straw purchases, illegal gun trafficking, and the day-to-day gun violence in our communities. This provision does not apply to traditional hunting rifles or shotguns and a number of groups, such as law enforcement and military, are exempt.
    Expands the definition of who is prohibited from possessing or buying a gun due to mental incapacity and dangerousness, to include those found not criminally responsible, incompetent to stand trial, voluntarily committed for more than 30 days, and involuntarily committed to a mental facility for any length of time. This insures the safety of the person who is mentally ill and that of the public at large.
    Requires an individual who loses a regulated firearm, or whose regulated firearm is stolen, to alert law enforcement that the firearm is missing or face a civil fine (or a 90 day misdemeanor for a subsequent offense.)
    Makes the use of “cop-killer” bullets, which penetrate protective vests, in a crime of violence a separate criminal offense.
    The causes of gun violence are complex, multifaceted and not easily resolved. However, these common sense measures will save lives, reduce gun violence and keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Your feedback and opinions are important to me and I truly appreciate hearing from you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Governor Martin O'Malley

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got the same myself.

Sent back a scathing and possibly profane response.

Going to make 2 extra pots of coffee tonight, think I may have guests over later because of it. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd love it if he publicly had to describe cop killer bullets

I'd love it if he got ass-raped by an amorous Elephant... :D

Of course he'd have to pull his head out of his ass first, or not, either way would be fine by me.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    so criminals will still be able to "gun down, in succession, police officers, school children, or innocent bystanders..." BUT if this law works as intended they will have to re-load.

Gotcha, Thanks Gov!!

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    WTF. It's amazing how stupid some liberals are to think this is actually helping. A criminal actually goes online or into a store and picks up a firearm? It makes since though they are in power since there are morons who voted for them and believe their laws are going to help.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    WTF. It's amazing how stupid some liberals are to think this is actually helping. A criminal actually goes online or into a store and picks up a firearm? It makes since though they are in power since there are morons who voted for them and believe their laws are going to help.

Not so hard to understand, liberalism is a mental disorder. And, liberals are hypocrites.

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    Got that same email myself. Used it to wipe my arse with after I took an O'Malley.
    __________________ "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -Ronald Reagan

I got the same thing and did the same thing. And Omalley quoted Reagan. What the heck! Maybe he's not so bad?:innocent0

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Don't get mad, get even.

Each O'Malley email = one more stripped lower.

Help us reach the 100,000 regulated firearms mark by Oct 1st. Do your share.

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    I was also one of the lucky folks to receive the email. How can people who are suppose to be our intelligent leaders actually believe any of this crap will make a difference to criminals?

All these measures are designed to do is make the sheeple feel safe, instead of actually helping make people safe.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    All these measures are designed to do is make the sheeple feel safe, instead of actually helping make people safe.

I disagree. The authors of SB 281 had one thing in mind: disarm the law abiding. The left hates an armed citizenry. In every country where they take over they move to disarm the masses of law abiding. More often than not the consequences are nefarious: the prevalence of violent crime or even mass murder by government. The 'safety' thing is a ruse even they don't believe in given that many of them have armed protection paid by us when they are not carrying their concealed weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom