• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    You sound like a resonable guy but you can't decide what rules make sence to you and do what you think is reasonable.

Here are the rules so if someone CORRECTS YOU don't get too upset..... regardless if they are FAT , BALD OR OVER 40 :lol2:

Pay close attention to Rule 1 & 6 :innocent0

ELK NECK STATE FOREST
    SHOOTING RANGE REGULATIONS
    1. Pistols and Revolvers of any type are restricted to use on the Pistol Range.
    2. No automatic weapons.
    3. Semi-automatic fire limited to one round per second.
    4. Center of target must be minimum four (4) feet off of the ground.
    5. Targets must be in direct line with the shooter to avoid cross fire and errant rounds.
    6. Only paper targets may be used on pistol and rifle ranges.
    7. All target stands must be removed from premises after use.
    8. All hulls, brass, and spent cartridges must be picked up and removed.
    9. No shot shells for patterning. Shot shells may only be used at the skeet area.
    10. All targets must be free-standing. Targets must not be fastened to or leaned against baffles or support posts.
    11. No shooting at baffles or supports posts.
    12. A “cease fire” or line clear must be called prior to going down range. Mandatory “cease fires” will be called at 25 and 55 past each hour.
    13. When shooters are down range, all firearms are to be unloaded and all breeches open. Firearms are not to be handled.
    14. No loaded firearms behind or forward of shooting areas.
    15. Alcohol and all other controlled dangerous substances are prohibited.
    16. Pets are prohibited.
    17. All shooters must have a valid range permit in possession, or have paid the daily admission.
    18. Children must not be left unattended.
    19. All shooting must be done in a safe manner and only at designated areas.
    20. Annual Permit is valid from date of purchase through December 31 of the year issued.
    21. Firearms are to remain at the firing line or in designated holders and may not be worn on person at any time on the way to or from the ranges, and during use of the ranges.
    22. Clay targets are restricted to the Skeet Range.
    ELK NECK STATE FOREST (410) 287-5675 Emergency 911 or 1- 800-825-PARK

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I was just poking fun at Keanu Reeves.

Yeah, I know it's against their policy. ENSF said peeps put them on the ground too close to the Steel Mufflers, and that they stay orange for a while plus are a bear to clean up. I've seen them fade in color after a few weeks, I don't think color being as big of a deal as the hundreds of pieces of clay birds that aren't bio birds.

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    I don't think so......just not allowed. so it's not ok to do it.

SEE RULE 22 ABOVE

Care to answer this question?
    However, I ask you - do you ever go above the speed limit in your car? Do you ever drive and text, or talk on a cell phone while driving? I bet you are guilty of one or more of these infractions - all of which are potentially dangerous to you and the people around you. I imagine you wouldn't appreciate it if, upon noticing you doing one (or more) of those activities, I followed you to your destination and then proceeded to explain what I saw, that it's against the law and for you to not do it again. Why is this? Do you not like people telling you what to do? Are YOU above the rules?

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Care to answer this question?

Yes, I'll answer it. Because we are talking about firearms and not cars. As such, there have ALWAYS been "serious" safety rules, for which one should adhere. Violate the speed limit, get a ticket, maybe. Violate a range rule, and someone might get seriously hurt. To continue to argue against such is rather adolescent. You might as well say, "What's the big deal?" Don't want to play by the rules? Stay home, or start your own range. You do have options. Come to ENSF and start fingering your weapon FOR ANY REASON, and this fat, old balding, late 40, 6'-1" 280 lb guy is going to be right square in your grille, with bad breath and nose hair asking rather sternly that you kindly remove your head from your youthful @$$.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    gunsvstraffic.jpg

:innocent0

And why do you think that difference exists? Besides, I can't track every "speeder" down, but I can reach out and touch a smart@$$ that wants to get stupid on a range. In fact, because we are continuing to have this "conversation", please post the next time you are going to ENSF. That way NEITHER of us will get hurt.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    I'll go ahead and answer the question too. If someone I don't recognize follows me home or anywhere else, you bet your ass the police are on their way and I'm getting out of my car with my buck knife.

To answer the spirit of the question, if someone mentioned it to me, I'd be more conscious and obey. And would appreciate it being pointed out to me. I try not to myself, and usually use my speakerphone so it's legal and safer.

More directly to the point, if you go the range, regardless of what range it is or what the rules are, you follow the rules for everyone's safety or don't come at all.

Johnny Utah

Jul 23, 2008
    Shooting a clay bird on a berm/backstop is dangerous?

Yes, I'll answer it. Because we are talking about firearms and not cars. As such, there have ALWAYS been "serious" safety rules, for which one should adhere. Violate the speed limit, get a ticket, maybe. Violate a range rule, and someone might get seriously hurt. To continue to argue against such is rather adolescent. You might as well say, "What's the big deal?" Don't want to play by the rules? Stay home, or start your own range. You do have options. Come to ENSF and start fingering your weapon FOR ANY REASON, and this fat, old balding, late 40, 6'-1" 280 lb guy is going to be right square in your grille, with bad breath and nose hair asking rather sternly that you kindly remove your head from your youthful @$$.

I guess you can't read, either.

For one, I am far from youthful.

Two, I dont touch any firearms during cold range time. I was suggesting that someone who blew a gasket over a scope being dialed in on an open action rifle might have been a little too extreme.

And while you might not agree (mainly because it destroys your logic) operating a car is also a big time responsibility with potential deadly consequences - hence why there are speed limits and traffic laws - and you too would flip out if someone approached you about your ignorance of a speed limit, or even worse, a traffic law like operating a cell phone while driving - which probably kills people on a higher percentage than touching a firearm while cold is called at a gun range.

Both rules should be followed, however enforcing it should done respectfully, and when appropriate by an actual authority.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    I guess you can't read, either.

For one, I am far from youthful.

Two, I dont touch any firearms during cold range time. I was suggesting that someone who blew a gasket over a scope being dialed in on an open action rifle might have been a little too extreme.

And while you might not agree (mainly because it destroys your logic) operating a car is also a big time responsibility with potential deadly consequences - hence why there are speed limits and traffic laws - and you too would flip out if someone approached you about your ignorance of a speed limit, or even worse, a traffic law like operating a cell phone while driving - which probably kills people on a higher percentage than touching a firearm while cold is called at a gun range.

Both rules should be followed, however enforcing it should done respectfully, and when appropriate by an actual authority.

I read fine. What is being destroyed here, is your adolescent ego. You've been told "no", so you continue ask, "but why not?"

Safety, on a range is EVERYONE'S business. With that said, if someone breaks into my house, I don't wait for the appropriate respectful measure of actual authority to be applied. You're trying to use your worn traffic analogy as if it were akin to firearms safety, as if they were equal, in order to marginalize proper range safety etiquette. They are not. If you cannot understand why you don't handle weapons IN ANY MANNER while people are down range, again, please let me know when you are going to ENSF, so I can stay the h#ll away.

So here "Johnny", let me break it down for you. Because if you allow people to touch the bolt, then they touch the magazine. Then they load the magazine, and if you say something to them, they respond with, "But what's the BIG DEAL?" Soon, someone gets "accidentally" shot, because Johnny can't follow rules.

We're done here.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    I read fine. What is being destroyed here, is your adolescent ego. You've been told "no", so you continue ask, "but why not?"

Safety, on a range is EVERYONE'S business. With that said, if someone breaks into my house, I don't wait for the appropriate respectful measure of actual authority to be applied. You're trying to use your worn traffic analogy as if it were akin to firearms safety, as if they were equal, in order to marginalize proper range safety etiquette. They are not. If you cannot understand why you don't handle weapons IN ANY MANNER while people are down range, again, please let me know when you are going to ENSF, so I can stay the h#ll away.

So here "Johnny", let me break it down for you. Because if you allow people to touch the bolt, then they touch the magazine. Then they load the magazine, and if you say something to them, they respond with, "But what's the BIG DEAL?" Soon, someone gets "accidentally" shot, because Johnny can't follow rules.

We're done here.

:clap::beer:

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    There is no option for a dumpster as everyone has came to the same conclusion as us, it will be full of everything except trash generated on the facility.

I am not seeing the safety concern with someone picking up their hulls off of the platform whether it is busy or not. The shells do not just end up off the front of the platform, it is the basic practice of kicking, throwing, or ejecting them there. That is what is going to stop and there will be no means to simply kick them off the platform with your feet after July 1.

No one is expected to go down below and pick up hulls while someone is on the platforms shooting. Simply said, the facility as all state forests are, is trash free. The rules clearly state that all spent casings and hulls should be removed.

Why do you shotgun shooters even shoot there???? Go to a real range and shoot some tough targets instead of some dumb ass hand thrown targets?? And I can even let my shells lay on the ground when I am done!!! I'm like 3 minutes from ENSF and have been by once to check it out and never went back....

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    :innocent0I'm sure we all know whats up.... Be Safe and follow the rules of the range since after all....It's not our property and we are guests and 10 bucks for a daily pass doesn't give us the right to make up shit as we go along.

Be safe and remember we are all ambassadors of our sport so set a good example and be kind to one another and help those that are clueless..........even the MEAN, FAT , BALD 40 Something’s..

If someone is doing something unsafe approach them and explain to them why they can't do that and to please try to set and example by exhibiting safe gun handling. If someone comes back in a negative manner after I have attempted to be reasonable then I admit I'm not very pleasant to deal with. I have been muzzle swept and been down range setting targets and came back to my bench to see people actually loading guns . I was not very nice and everyone on the range knew that I was very upset. I blew up on the guy that was loading his gun but later went over and explained that even though he obviously had a knowledge of guns that in no circumstance is it ok to handle firearms while people are down range. The guy later thanked me and said he didn't know what he was thinking and knows better. I then asked him to please do me a favor and take a lead in keeping the range safe because it's EVERYONES duty. He said he was going to go home and talk to his son about gun safety and have him back at the range the following week. I feel I made a shitty incident into a positive thing and I bet that guy is helping to keep the range safe for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom