• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Me too. I assume the approval marked "DRAFT" is not the final, legally-binding approval. Anyone know how long it takes to get the final approval with the numbered stamp on it? This is my first e-file.

Did you get an email saying you were approved? If so, are you saying your approved form has DRAFT across it? My first time, I had that happen to me. Use the contact experts tab and ask them to resend you your approved form without DRAFT across it.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    You won't get a numbered stamp. However draft shouldn't be present anymore. Hit the ask the experts section at the top tell them the control number and say that draft is still present on an approved form. They will remove that. Then print and that will be your final form.

I have three times contacted the ATF (since March 31st) for the reason that the control number does not appear on the approved form, each time I've been blown off. I don't have faith in their experts.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Not that I'm complaining, but I'm wondering how/why we're starting to see very quick turnarounds. You, rouchna and I have all gotten approvals in ~40 days

That's an easy one. 15 old training examiners came online as full fledge examiners and 15 more new hires in training. Everyone is going to have to learn to operate the eform system so for training they process through the forms. With the system down since March the only choice was to process the ones from the site coming back up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Question, with eFroms, how do you register if a trust?

With the Trust Name? Or your name?

EDIT ------ OK< I see, you set up the account in your name, but the entity when you file the Form 1is the trsut name.

But, is the trust the manufacturer? Or is it the manufacturer of the lower?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/faces/userProfile/userRegistration.jspx

Your name. The trust name is put on the Form 1 in the appropriate area. Is it an 80% receiver? Then you are the manufacturer. Are you using a lower that was already manufactured? If so, then find the manufacturer from the list on the Form 1 itself. It's somewhat self-explanatory once inside the form.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Your trust is the maker of the short barrel, not the manufacturer of the initial firearm. Remember your trust is what goes in both 3a and 3b. Your name should only go as the signing as an authorized official in block 8.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

EDIT ------ OK< I see, you set up the account in your name, but the entity when you file the Form 1is the trsut name.

But, is the trust the manufacturer? Or is it the manufacturer of the lower?

Hope this helps. How I filled out my forms for self made lowers.

Attachments

• NFA Item.jpg
      NFA Item.jpg
      28.9 KB · Views: 144
    • NFA Trust.jpg
      NFA Trust.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 143

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Your trust is the maker of the short barrel, not the manufacturer of the initial firearm. Remember your trust is what goes in both 3a and 3b. Your name should only go as the signing as an authorized official in block 8.

If its a bought lower, just input the information on the lower into the manufacturer and serial number.

Self made: must put FORM 1 Registration as shown in my previous comment.

Paperpounder

Jan 12, 2011
    Hampstead, MD / NC
    I posted this in a separate thread, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask here as well....

Having a problem attaching files. I pick the proper heading (Trust), browse through my documents select the document that I wish to upload (Trust), fill out the description, hit add, then it processes and nothing happens it just resets my screen and wipes everything clean...Nothing shows in the files added box below?

It is a PDF file and I get no other error msgs it just does not show in the added box?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One more question, what have you been putting in at the reason for making the SBR?

Thanks for all the help.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So if doing a Form 1 on an MSP approved lower(RRA), I would use that name a set # as the manufacturer I would would put in my trust as the manufacturer?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i was told on complete receivers you put the existing receiver's manufacturer's information. if you're building off an 80% you put form 1 registration as the manufacturer.

of course, that was from ATF, so it's probably wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom