• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Got this email a few mins ago. I checked the site and i still only see Form 6. But im hopeful Form 1s will return quite soon

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 1.40.50 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 1.40.50 PM.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 321

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Beat me by a minute. :lol:

Form 1 is back up?
    Good afternoon:

We are pleased to announce the following updates to the eForms system:

1. Performance enhancements – We were able to address some of the technical issues. You will see improvements in the overall performance of the system.

2. We are able to add the ATF Form 1 back to the eForms system. Our plans are to closely monitor the performance of the system in order to determine if we will be able to add additional forms back to the system.

Below is an update on the status on our processing of paper and electronic NFA applications. In the future, this information will be available through links on the eForms login screen:

In follow-up to ATF’s letter dated April 16, 2014, regarding the status of the eForms system; this update is being provided to inform the industry of ATF’s progress in addressing eForms and paper NFA applications. To accommodate the substantial increase in application volume that has recently occurred, ATF is working diligently to decrease processing times while continuing to enhance the eForms platform.

What is our progress to date?

From a peak of over 81,000 pending NFA applications at the end of February 2014, as of June 18, 2014, ATF has reduced the number to less than 63,000 applications pending (23% reduction in pending applications). In the last four weeks, although the NFA Branch received over 17,800 applications we processed more than 22,400 applications.

krmcqOF.png

The statistics in the table below represent the processing of NFA Forms over the past four weeks.

NFA FORMS PROCESSED BY WEEK
    Code:
    Date (Week of) | 5/28/2014 | 6/4/2014 | 6/11/2014 | 6/18/2014
    All Forms      | 4,815     | 5,629    | 5,635     | 6,323 
    eForms         | 1,199     |1,204     | 1,905     | 1,682
    Paper Forms    |3,616      | 4,425    | 3,730     | 4,641

At the same time, ATF has directed additional resources to NFA application processing:

· There are currently 15 Legal Instrument Examiner (LIE) applicants currently in the background investigation phase of hiring.

· The use of overtime funding has been authorized for those employees processing NFA applications.

· ATF has cross-trained LIEs from various other ATF branches to support NFA application processing. This is an ongoing process and has already beneficially impacted application processing.

· ATF has dedicated additional data entry contract resources to reduce the time it takes for an application to be entered into the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR). As a result, data entry time has already been reduced from eight weeks to two weeks.

If you have any questions regarding any of the information included in this email, you may contact us through the eForms system by using “Ask the Experts” or by emailing us at eforms.admin_atf.gov.

Thank you for your continued support of eForms.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    probably will be added tomorrow during the scheduled down time. We can start submitting by thursday if i had to guess. Too bad, i just mailed one yesterday. REmember to scan in your 77r or mr cook will send it back.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    probably will be added tomorrow during the scheduled down time. We can start submitting by thursday if i had to guess. Too bad, i just mailed one yesterday. REmember to scan in your 77r or mr cook will send it back.

Even on a post 10-1 9mm SBR?

ETA. Nvm. Doh.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

Screw Mr. Cook and the 77r BS. When you build your own gun I dont see how im gonna have a 77r for it.

In my case. I am applying for a 300BLK SBR 10.5 Barrel, OAL 29". If/When the stamp comes back ill bring an 80% receiver to be engraved, then ill drill out the rest. That way it never was a banned ALG, it started its life as an SBR. And as long as i pass the copycat test, im not breaking any laws. MSP cant do sh*t about.

Left my card at home, but once i have it hand, consider it submitted.

I was formatting the table and uploading the image!
    excuses!

reidpath

Jun 10, 2014
    In my case. I am applying for a 300BLK SBR 10.5 Barrel, OAL 29". If/When the stamp comes back ill bring an 80% receiver to be engraved, then ill drill out the rest. That way it never was a banned ALG, it started its life as an SBR. And as long as i pass the copycat test, im not breaking any laws. MSP cant do sh*t about.

I'm assuming you are going to include those details in a letter from you to ATF attached to the weapon line item on the form 1 and include blueprints for what you will be doing to the 80% lower.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I'm assuming you are going to include those details in a letter from you to ATF attached to the weapon line item on the form 1 and include blueprints for what you will be doing to the 80% lower.

Yessir. i think my blueprint be a picture of the 80% lower ill be using. Not sure what else i can provide.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Its already on there. Already submitted one. :) I did include my receipt and 77r though. Plus a cover letter explaining why i attached them.

ETA: Also just created 5 new ones and saved them as drafts. I was able to submit drafts even during this last outage, so figured why not create some more.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Just submitted 1.. Trying to figure out how I want to SBR a 15/22 now before submitting another.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    On a side note.. I don't really know how I want to spec out a few SBR's I plan on building. Can I just submit them all as the same (MK18 upper) 10.3", 29.875" OAL, then decide on a different upper at some point in the future?

As long as I always have at least 1 MK18 upper, I am good to go - right?

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    On a side note.. I don't really know how I want to spec out a few SBR's I plan on building. Can I just submit them all as the same (MK18 upper) 10.3", 29.875" OAL, then decide on a different upper at some point in the future?

As long as I always have at least 1 MK18 upper, I am good to go - right?

I would say. The form one is just for the initial configuration, and you're asked (not required) to notify the ATF of any permanent changes (Few changes are permanent on the AR platform).

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I would say. The form one is just for the initial configuration, and you're asked (not required) to notify the ATF of any permanent changes (Few changes are permanent on the AR platform).

Sweet.. I'm submitting a few more then. :)

reidpath

Jun 10, 2014
    It will be interesting to see how the system handles the initial load placed by everyone rushing to get an e-form in again.

It will be down all day tomorrow for the weekly "wednesday maintenance", so I guess that is when they will debug/flush things out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom