eForm 1 In-Process Over 5 Months - Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Not sure if you can call the ATF about that but I'd definitely email them and see if they can help.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    One of mine took 9 days to approve, the second one which was submitted at the same time took 30. Doesn’t seem like any rhyme or reason and definitely not in order of received. Both were amnesty e-form 1’s I did myself.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I had a customers form 4 fall through the cracks. It was at 13 months when all my others were at 10 for that time period. Called ATF then 30 days later called again. Pressed and was given a number for the FBI. Then found out there is a ATF - FBI liaison so called him and a week later it was back on track. GL

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I emailed (bottom of message) and got a response fairly quickly (more like a non-response)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finalizing your application is very important to NFA. Please know that completing NFA status checks for applicants will significantly delay processing efforts. NFA appreciates your understanding so that our staff can focus on processing applications and not researching status checks. ATF receives hundreds of Ask the Expert Inquiries each day, your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

National Firearms Act Division
    Government Support Branch
    Office: (304) 616-4500
    Fax: (304) 616-4501
    JJJ22

Sent: Monday, July 3, 2023 10:15 PM
    To: eForms NFA Info <eforms.nfa.info@atf.gov>
    Subject: Ask the Expert Question - NFA Questions (eforms 1,2,3,4,5,9,10 and 5630.7) > Form 1 Question/Issue - from XXXXXXXX

You have you received a new question from eForms user XXXXXXX:

* eForm ID Number: XXXXXXX
    FFL Number:
    EIN:
    Permit Number:
    Internal Control Number:
    * Serial Number: XXXXXXX

HI. MY EFORM 1 HAS BEEN IN PROCESS FOR OVER 5 MONTHS NOW, WITH THE AVERAGE BEING SOMETHING LIKE 37 DAYS, I SUBMITTED 1/22/2023. IS THERE ANYTHING ATF NEEDS THAT MIGHT BE HOLDING UP APPROVAL? PLEASE ASSIST AND THANK YOU.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have an amnesty e-file I've been waiting a few months for. I dropped it pretty close to the dead line so I figured I'd be in for a longer wait than if I had done it earlier.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I have an amnesty e-file I've been waiting a few months for. I dropped it pretty close to the dead line so I figured I'd be in for a longer wait than if I had done it earlier.
    I had 3 amnesty form 1’s come back approved on 7 July that I filed on 11 May. You might be able to gauge your dates by this?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I had 3 amnesty form 1’s come back approved on 7 July that I filed on 11 May. You might be able to gauge your dates by this?
    I'll have to go back and look when they were submitted. After I know they're in, I usually just forget about it until I get the approval.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    This is getting ridiculous; I have an eForm 1 that has been in process for over 5 months now. Options?

Options..... First laugh of the new week right there!

Options... call ATF and nicely ask to be updated. If they say its processing, your option is to wait. If its not received by them, resubmit. Pretty much all your options! :)

Just an FYI, 5 months is nothing. Let me know when you pass a year! Then it will start getting ridiculous.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Options... call ATF and nicely ask to be updated. If they say its processing, your option is to wait. If its not received by them, resubmit. Pretty much all your options! :)

Just an FYI, 5 months is nothing. Let me know when you pass a year! Then it will start getting ridiculous.
    Eform 1's are usually 30-60 days. Not 5 months.

You may have been thinking of a form 4.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Eform 1's are usually 30-60 days. Not 5 months.

You may have been thinking of a form 4.

Usually.... and ATF... Second laugh of the day! :)

I am over 60 days on 2 eform 1s right now.

I have submitted many forms, including form 1s for a long time now and the one thing the ATF is not is usual about anything. I have gotten form 4s back in 90 days and over a year. I have submitted form 1s that took 9 months and others that took 2 months. ATF just got a billion eform 1s dumped on them and nothing in usual at the moment. Usually the ATF does not try and make felons out of a huge portion of the population and require them to submit eform 1s or else!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Usually.... and ATF... Second laugh of the day! :)

I am over 60 days on 2 eform 1s right now.

I have submitted many forms, including form 1s for a long time now and the one thing the ATF is not is usual about anything. I have gotten form 4s back in 90 days and over a year. I have submitted form 1s that took 9 months and others that took 2 months. ATF just got a billion eform 1s dumped on them and nothing in usual at the moment. Usually the ATF does not try and make felons out of a huge portion of the population and require them to submit eform 1s or else!

Being a prick and saying "laugh of the day/ week" doesn't really help lend any validity to your apparent lack of communication skills.

If all you're going to do act a fool and troll, you may wish to try it on somebody else. I'll call you out for your a$$hattery all day long. Might I suggest you not come across like you have in the future?

I've waited 5.5 months in a eForm 1 before. I've waited 6 months on a Form 4 before. I've waited 420 days on a Form 4 before. Don't act condescending towards people that don't have a many stamps as you.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Being a prick and saying "laugh of the day/ week" doesn't really help lend any validity to your apparent lack of communication skills.

If all you're going to do act a fool and troll, you may wish to try it on somebody else. I'll call you out for your a$$hattery all day long. Might I suggest you not come across like you have in the future?

I've waited 5.5 months in a eForm 1 before. I've waited 6 months on a Form 4 before. I've waited 420 days on a Form 4 before. Don't act condescending towards people that don't have a many stamps as you.

Sorry, I did not realize you were so sensitive. The first comment was not even to you, I am glad to see you getting offended about it for the OP. Let me get that hurt feeling report over for you to fill out before the tears come down to hard.

If you have waiting huge variations in time with your forms, then you should be laughing too when it comes to talking about the ATF being "ridiculous" with any wait at the 5 month mark. You waited 420 days! He is only at 150... he does not know what ridiculous is yet.

Either way man, sounds like its time for a cold shower as you are hot over something and I doubt it was what I wrote...

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

One year for an eForm 1? Sure you don't mean paper form 1? Who do you know that had to wait one year for an eForm 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom