• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What effect, if any, will Boston have on gun control?

• Total voters

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    ive been saying this for a while,

you can get rid of the guns and there are far better ways to commit mass violence. bombs.

ban backpacks and trash cans....

thats life. Violence is nothing new to the world so just remember that you survived each day and everyone descendent before you did something right, and think about what they had to dodge whether it was a viking pillage or a plague.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    If the devices used in Boston turn out to be gunpowder I fully expect a push for further regulation of powders and primers.

I'd expect our own illustrious state to add those things to the list items requiring a permit and fingerprinting, a NICS check, a 3 hour training course in hazardous materials handling, and be subject to ATF spot checks for safe handling. I'm being sarcastic...but not really.

Seriously...does it matter how many guns we have if we don't have ammo? This sounds like it will play into the liberal strategy to not only make it difficult for citizens right to keep and bear arms but to prevent the procurement of the materials needed for us to re-load.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    With regard to the Poll, I think both A and B will happen. Those who have woke up will try to assert their @A rights. Those who oppose will have more reasoning to control firearms and Ammo.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    They are reporting in the media today that gunpowder was the explosive used. Expect to see a crackdown on components.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    The left will use a rainy day as ammo against the Second Amendment so they'll exploit this terrorism against us every way they can.

I say the liberal democrat mayor of Boston and liberal democrat governor of taxachusetts and extremist liberal democrat president of the United States couldn't keep those people safe.

Exploit this common denominator.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ball bearing, nail and backpack ban forthcoming as well.

So smoking almost anywhere is banned, 4loko is banned, big sodas are banned, my favorite guns are banned, and they're about to ban hard/spherical objects? I'm going to lose my marbles!!!

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County
    So smoking almost anywhere is banned, 4loko is banned, big sodas are banned, my favorite guns are banned, and they're about to ban hard/spherical objects? I'm going to lose my marbles!!!

No worries. Those will be banned soon, too. Or taxed.

I was wondering...it seems like most of the injuries were to the lower extremities. And looking at the explosions it seemed like they were more horizontal than vertical. Is that consistent with a pressure cooker type of device? (wow odd sentence. I'll never look at a pressure cooker the same way)

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    My answer is A & B.

I think those who are armed will want more guns more ammo more freedom to carry.

Those who fear and loathe firearms will want more restrictions.

Stealthy

Jun 2, 2012
    Bmore
    Comedian Jay Mohr joined Michael Moore as one of only a few celebrities to exploit the April 15 bombing in Boston to further a political cause.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/04/16/jay-mohr-ban-guns-boston?utm_source=contentsharing&utm_medium=linkexchange&utm_term=postion5&utm_content=jay-mohr-ban-guns-boston&utm_campaign=foxnews
    Yep, and this idiot just blamed the bombing on guns...

They need to Ban IEDs, and Explosives! Citizens shouldn't be allowed to have explosives. If they make IEDs and Explosives illegal. They should also make fertilizer and diesel fuel illegal, since they are often used when making home made explosives... Then there would never be another bombing! Just like how they've made pot, heroin, and cocaine illegal and now there is no pot, heroin, or cocaine available anywhere in America. At any time. They should also make Murder illegal. That would solve all of this with one swoop! Then there would be no more Murders! Oh and they should make it illegal for criminals to have guns!

I just had to rant for a minute there.sorry.

Sadly i've seen posts of facebook saying to make guns illegal, and bombs. People are so stupid i can't even try to understand what they are thinking. Probably because they aren't thinking.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Anyone know when the next bomb show is? We need to protest against the bomb show loophole...

On the serious side, someone above posted about the method, targets, venue etc. I HIGHLY doubt this is a "right wing extremist group". An IRS building on tax day? Yeah... cliche but a much more likely scenario.

I'm betting on a "lone wolf" or Muslim terrorists. I'm still scratching my head over why it had to be the Boston Marathon though, aside from the chance of massive casualties at an event covered by the media.

I don't think reloading components will be affected. The morons can't tell the difference between a magazine and a clip, do you think they could possibly decipher or understand the concept that people can manufacture ammunition by themselves? Besides, there are other more effective explosives that are just as easier to make, I'm sure.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

ljb88

Trigger Time
    Apr 16, 2013
    Missouri
    I doubt there will be much of an effect. You have to consider the vast majority of people and their inability to educate themselves in regards modern day weaponry. Most people probably only see bombs and guns (and now assault weapons) but they don't educate themselves on things like: construction, purpose and function. Most likely people see a "bomb" vs "gun" and it will have little effect on the "Gun Debate".

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    REAL blackpowder (not Pyrodex or BP substitute) is stored behind counters in most shops in fire proof containers - because it is explosive.I believe that is a Fed mandated regulation. Smokless powders arent classified as an explosive, but as a propellant. Usally why they are on open shelves.

The reports Ive heard, that Black Powder was used. Someone should know if a mass amount of Black Powder was purchased somewhere - if indeed thats what was used.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    I think that they are going to use this to go after reloaders now. Very shortly after the bombing they announced that it was smokeless gun powder, the type used for reloading ammo, that the bomb was made of.

OMG...are trying to tell me that people make their own AMMUNITION?

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

According to eyewitness reports, there was a very strong presence of the smell of Gunpowder...

Let's all hope that it wasn't reloading powder that was sold at a recent gun show...

This could be an end to shooting as we know it IF they ban reloading components given the current & foreseeable (2 year ?) ammo shortages...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Black powder would have put out that much smoke and goes booms immediately.

It needs ZERO oxygen to get started. Firmly seated loads in a black powder rifle.

Black powder would have a rotten egg smell (sulpher).

Smokeless/Modern Propellent needs oxygen to get started. Air space in a modern cartridge.

Sulpher can be used as a filler to give smokeless powder time to get started and would leave a lot of smoke.

Colored smoke bombs are made with modern propellent and sulpher, but they don't blow up.

It depends on the ratio.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    MSNBC is already all over this.

They and the rest of the main stream media are calling for tighter control of gunpowder.

They want it highly regulated.

They are already saying the NRA is making it harder to solve the Boston case because the NRA pushed back on TAGGANTS back in the 70's.

Taggants are chemicals added to a particular gunpowder to trace it using residue. It's already in dynamite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom