• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Thanks for all the great advice
    I’m going to go to a few stores that have some of these models in stock so I can manipulate them in person

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Thanks for all the great advice
    I’m going to go to a few stores that have some of these models in stock so I can manipulate them in person

Still on tomorrow, 9-3.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    After pondering for a bit, any DA/SA pistol is a lot easier to rack with the hammer back than any striker fired gun.
    You sir are correct. Shameless plug for the cz75. I had an older lady who found glock/smith/sig plastic fantastics not doable. By snapping the hammer back first, she was able to manipulate the slide. She's now looking at an SP01 variant as she liked the WML compatibility. She found shooting anything in 9 while trying to use a handheld light to be too much.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You sir are correct. Shameless plug for the cz75. I had an older lady who found glock/smith/sig plastic fantastics not doable. By snapping the hammer back first, she was able to manipulate the slide. She's now looking at an SP01 variant as she liked the WML compatibility. She found shooting anything in 9 while trying to use a handheld light to be too much.
    Wife went from a M&P Shield EZ to a CZ 75D Compact.
    The Shield EZ had FTF on occasion in rapid fire drills, due to a "Not 100% perfect grip" on the grip safety.
    We did a detail/clean up of the CZ trigger cage, installed a slightly reduced recoil and slightly reduced reduced hammer spring kit with an extended firing pin from CGW.
    Had the slide milled for a 507K.
    The CZ now has a manageable racking, somewhere between the EZ and a type striker gun.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Wife went from a M&P Shield EZ to a CZ 75D Compact.
    The Shield EZ had FTF on occasion in rapid fire drills, due to a "Not 100% perfect grip" on the grip safety.
    We did a detail/clean up of the CZ trigger cage, installed a slightly reduced recoil and slightly reduced reduced hammer spring kit with an extended firing pin from CGW.
    Had the slide milled for a 507K.
    The CZ now has a manageable racking, somewhere between the EZ and a type striker gun.
    Yep. I've never needed an extended firing pin. Some people say they have. The spring drops are going to be up to you and your ammo. Doing a polish job on frame and slide rails would probably have the same effect. My buddy's fully slicked 75SAO (that he still won't sell me) racks like an SVI Open class gun I swear.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I have a Shield EZ 9mm and a SIG P365-380. You, your spouse, anyone, is welcome to try either. I live on Fort Meade, can easily meet you at On Target on 175 in Odenton. Just feed it ammo and pay the lane fee.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have a Shield EZ 9mm and a SIG P365-380. You, your spouse, anyone, is welcome to try either. I live on Fort Meade, can easily meet you at On Target Cindy's Hot Shots on 175 in Odenton. Just feed it ammo and pay the lane fee.
    FIFY

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I'd say A is the easiest rack.
    iu

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    +1 - My wife has wrist issues and has difficulty racking a slide. She bought the EZ and is very happy with it. Mag also has tabs on the side for easy loading. Only down side is it is a 8 round single stack.
    No extended mags for them? Yes it makes it more likely to print but if you cam get an extra 5 in there that's possibly life saving if the situation were to come.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Honestly, I don't get it. Take the pistol out of storage, rack it, holster it. Go about your business. Go home, eject mag, rack it to eject chambered round, put into storage. I'm pretty sure you should be able to handle that. Hell, if your grip is that weak, you shouldn't be firing a gun. Even if you get in a shootout and have to reload, the slide will be locked back for you. Yeah, yeah, here come all the guys to tell me about other times you'll have to rack the pistol, like going to the range to practice, blah, blah. That's like .001 percent of use. I'd guess you're already proficient with a pistol. You don't need to practice with your carry gun until you can shoot the dick off a tick at fifty yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom