• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Lots of good feedback.
    A grip safety is a no go for me .
    Just another motion I need to be aware of when firing weak handed, ect.
    I did have a chance to shoot the Wlther and was surprised how easy it was to manipulate the slide.
    It is on my top 3 list.
    Never considered the fact that a hammer fired pistol would make manipulating the slide easier once hammer is pulled back before working the slide.
    I tried it with one of my 1911’s and it is a noticeable difference

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Lots of good feedback.
    I did have a chance to shoot the Wlther and was surprised how easy it was to manipulate the slide.
    It is on my top 3 list.
    Never considered the fact that a hammer fired pistol would make manipulating the slide easier once hammer is pulled back before working the slide.
    I tried it with one of my 1911’s and it is a noticeable difference
    You should try a 9mm 1911. Mine is the easiest to rack of all my centerfire handguns. Big heavy frame, light springs.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Lots of good feedback.
    literally the same as a 1911. People are overemphasizing any potential issue with it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    literally the same as a 1911. People are overemphasizing any potential issue with it.
    The EZ grip safety is far from the grip safety of a 1911. The grip on an EZ is much narrower. The EZ grip safety is hinged at the bottom, and is the full length of the grip, much like the grip safety on a European “grip cocker”. I have only seen a few people who did not activate a 1911 grip safety, but I have seen many people who did not activate the grip safety of the EZ.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The EZ grip safety is far from the grip safety of a 1911. The grip on an EZ is much narrower. The EZ grip safety is hinged at the bottom, and is the full length of the grip, much like the grip safety on a European “grip cocker”. I have only seen a few people who did not activate a 1911 grip safety, but I have seen many people who did not activate the grip safety of the EZ.
    I've heard of complaints about the bottom hinge as well. Naturally, all MD Shooters always have a nice high and tight grip each and every time...so that's just a problem for rookies ;)

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Or like, grip the gun before trying to squeeze the trigger?
    The grip safety was never a problem for the Wife's EZ,, until it was a problem.
    That problem showed up when her instructor was having her do speed drills.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Mrs. Occam has a S&W EZ, and despite being a proficient pistol shooter, that grip safety has more than once prevented her from getting in a quick follow-up shot when she's at all fatigued. I can only imagine it as a real liability used under stress, in a weak hand, etc. We keep that pistol around for guest noobs (it's a 380, super easy to load and handle), but I'm going to call that grip safety dubious at best, especially in a life or death situation.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    My wife has always struggled with racking any slide, she's 5 foot nothing and 100 lbs soaking wet.....it was always a struggle to get her to the range. Earlier this year I got her a Ruger Security 380 with the lite rack system and she loves it, is going to the range once a week and going through 200 rounds a session.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Then she needs a new instructor to show her how to properly grip out of the holster.
    Or not relax her grip between each shot, if that was the case.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It’s the shape of some peoples hands. Nothing more. You cannot coach someone whose hand does not fit a grip.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The reason why there are so many guns with different shapes and grips is the same reason there are so many shoes in the shoe store. Our hands are not the same, and our feet are not all the same.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Then she needs a new instructor to show her how to properly grip out of the holster.
    Or not relax her grip between each shot, if that was the case.
    Yes,
    It was a case of after the 1st or 2nd shot in rapid secession.
    And he did work on her grip and it got better.
    But the whole session did highlight a short coming in the EZ as far as a HD handgun for a casual shooter,, meaning someone who trains once a month.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yes,
    It was a case of after the 1st or 2nd shot in rapid secession.
    And he did work on her grip and it got better.
    But the whole session did highlight a short coming in the EZ as far as a HD handgun for a casual shooter,, meaning someone who trains once a month.
    I see it all the time. Not sure what it is with people just relaxing both hands after each shot and then re-gripping before the next shot.
    The gun doesn't have a shortcoming, the shooter who does this has one.
    A whole grip from the grip, through the forearms, biceps, up to the shoulders, alleviates that issue because you are actually gripping.

Think of it like this, our stance goes from both feet, up both legs, and meets at the apex of our hips. Same with grip. It goes from both shoulders, through both arms, to the hands, apexing at the grip of the pistol where it all meets.
    All of that in conjunction provides the strength at the pistol.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It’s the shape of some peoples hands. Nothing more. You cannot coach someone whose hand does not fit a grip.
    Show me the web of someone's thumb and fore finger that does not touch the backstrap of any pistol grip in order to press that safety in.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They touch, but they do not depress. I have had students attempt to squeeze as tight as possible, and the shape of their hand just does not activate that lever. The lever falls where their hand has all soft tissue nothing hard.

To activate the lever, they had to rock their hand around on the grip, which gave them a weaker grip. Not everyone has the hard muscular and bony hands that you and I do.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    The reason why there are so many guns with different shapes and grips is the same reason there are so many shoes in the shoe store. Our hands are not the same, and our feet are not all the same.
    One of the reasons I don't like Glocks and got out of them whenever I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom