• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    We are definitely in for the 19th. There is a four gun max.

We have me, Wes and Marshmallow for sure. Waiting to see on #4. I'll keep Chris as a tentative.

These guys have most of the other days open, save those two Saturdays. If anyone else wants to book on, contact them via email.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex

We have me, Wes and Marshmallow for sure. Waiting to see on #4. I'll keep Chris as a tentative.

These guys have most of the other days open, save those two Saturdays. If anyone else wants to book on, contact them via email.

Great!!! now I have to find that camo Applejack shirt:innocent0

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012

Where do we meet with the guide, and what time?

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Great!!! now I have to find that camo Applejack shirt:innocent0

:lol2:

Where do we meet with the guide, and what time?

I will let you know once I hear back from him. He said he'd be in touch closer to the date, and that they scout fields/locations on a week by week basis in order to know where the birds are. We may be able to carpool-- well, Wes and I will, I assume. I don't know where you are located.

For the record, a lot of guides require cash payments, so make sure the $150 is brought in cash. And I usually like to tip them a little, too.

RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    Sounds like a great hunt guys! I'm generally in for these types of things, but tied up with work from the 13th through the 19th. Keep me in mind for other hunts!

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Sounds like a great hunt guys! I'm generally in for these types of things, but tied up with work from the 13th through the 19th. Keep me in mind for other hunts!

Will do. I am going to try and schedule two more. Stay tuned for a new "late season" thread.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a case or two of federal 3" #2 shells if anyone is in need. I will bring a case with me just if anyone has need.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I recommend BB for geese. #2 is a little light.

I'm only bringing a box lol.

#2 steel will probably work for early season geese. I tend to use BB steel for my first shot followed by two rounds of T Hevi-Shot (believe it only comes this size in the coyote loads).

The larger the shot size, the tighter the pattern, and Hevi-Shot patterns tighter than steel, which patterns tighter than lead. Reasoning being Hevi-Shot has a tear drop shape to it and steel does not deform like lead. Of course, I don't need to say that lead is illegal for waterfowling, but I guess I just did.

Hope you guys have a great time. Don't forget to take pics and to post them here so the rest of us can be envious.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Funny I kill geese with #2's every year, Huh, just don't tell the geese they must not know they are not suppose to die :rolleyes:

Honestly if you lead the bird and keep the gun moving you will kill the bird every time a proper shot on a goose will have a pattern placed on the head and neck not the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom