• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    UPDATE!!

I have booked a hunt with K&D Guide Service (see link below) on Friday, September 19th. It will be $150 per gun. 8 bird limit. If you are interested in hunting with us, please PM me.

Current Participants (FULL)
    Hyp81
    Wes- AKA BrowningGuy
    Marshmallow
    Daiuy

Info from guide:
    I assume everyone is from MD,so you will need your MD hunting license,MD Bird Stamp and Federal Migratory Bird Stamp. We recommend 3.5" shells either #2 shot or BB. We will probably be hunting out of layout blinds in a field doubt we will hunt the river in the early season.

I am also requesting info about the later season numbers. I'd like to plan some later season trips, too. It'd be neat to hunt on the Potomac!

http://www.kndguideservice.com/page4.php

Original Post:
    Anyone interested in getting together to do some early resident goose hunting, with a guide? I was thinking of contacting my usual guide, but my buddy who usually goes with me has a new baby at home and is limited in times he can get out this season. This would be the Carroll County.

We used this guide last year: http://www.wildgoosecharters.com/goosehunting/index.htm

I'd have to contact him because it says 2 birds max, but MD's early goose regs clearly say 8 per day.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/migratory-game-birds/

Found this one too, but never used him. (Irritating music- turn your sound down).

http://www.kndguideservice.com/page4.php

Last edited:

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I could probably be flexible with days, though I'd have to look at my schedule and see when the earliest is that I could take a personal day. We could hunt Saturday's too.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Saturday would definitely be best for me so I don't have to be out of school.

That would leave us the 6th and the 13th.

AF, if a Saturday would work for you, I can call the guy we used tomorrow and check. I'll ask what the limit is, too.

If it turns out their personal limit is still two birds a piece, would it be better to go with the 2nd group?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Dove hunting is one of the best ways to get into wing shooting. Lots of targets and the limit is 15. Usually a lot of shooting too. Don't really need a guide or much gear to dove hunt. Just need to be able to tell what a dove looks like while it is flying. You can usually just pay a small fee to get to hunt over a sunflower field, but most of those are on the eastern shore. I would be shocked to find a field planted just for doves in Carroll County.

Then again, it sure is a lot easier to hit a 747 versus an F-16.

Good luck with early goose season.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I would personally lean towards Saturday if I can get it because I also would rather not be out of the classroom so early in the year. It takes time to train those little boogers to behave for subs.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I wonder if we can count this as professional development time?

Only if we invite all of our colleagues, and I don't know about you, but some of mine shouldn't ever be handed a gun of any sort. :lol2:

Does remind me of the glory days when I was a DNR intern in college and I got paid to fish for muskie on the Potomac as part of a sampling study. You can't really catch big musky with shocking equipment-- only hook and line.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'm aware that it ends on 9/25 for the western zone. I have a heavy duty work schedule compounded by family obligations until then. Any trip prior would be a last minute notice of availability type thing. Good luck during early season!

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I'm aware that it ends on 9/25 for the western zone. I have a heavy duty work schedule compounded by family obligations until then. Any trip prior would be a last minute notice of availability type thing. Good luck during early season!

We can plan a later-season hunt, too. These two guides are super reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom