• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    vector no long has H&K style guns on there website. Also price has jumped from 1600 to 2000 is there any middle of the road between vector and century?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    vector no long has H&K style guns on there website. Also price has jumped from 1600 to 2000 is there any middle of the road between vector and century?

Well like Atlantic said they are still getting Vector H&K's from Vector. Vector's website has not been updated in a long time anyway. As far as in between, Century, Vector, and the original H&K's are the only game in town for 5.56 H&K 33 style firearms unless you buy a parts kit and do-it-your-self or pay a custom builder.

Also there are plenty of sites that I saw still selling Vector H&K's for under $1300.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    C93...

You may want to check out the dedicated Hk forum http://hkpro.com.

They have a TON of info on the C93s; I have a PTR91 and was considering buying a Hk93 or clone. The biggest issue with the C93 is the bolt gap. Many of the Century builds start to open up after a few hundred rounds. The mating of the barrel to the receiver can be an issue and sometimes they have problems with the trunion loosening up.

I know for a fact that Henderson Arms out of Henderson, NV will check the bolt gap on any of the C93s they sell so that you know what you're getting into. They can be found on Gunbroker.com. Also, the Hk forum has a member named "GhillieBear" who does low volume custom builds at a reasonable price; his guns supposedly are of higher finish quality than the original factory Hk 93s and run without issues...

I personally decided to pass on a C93 after actually holding one. The early ones had low grade mil-surp furniture with a very poor paint job.

good luck.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Do the Vector guns have U.S. made barrels as I suspect, or are they original HK barrels? If they use the typical lowest bidder domestic made barrels, that would be a no go for me. I would also be curious to know how many, if any of the components are actually made by HK?

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Vector does not maket to the retail public so they do not list all items on the web site the Vector V93 is currently being built with original barrels not US and they are on sale via our web site for around $1050.00 .

V931.jpg

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Do the Vector guns have U.S. made barrels as I suspect, or are they original HK barrels? If they use the typical lowest bidder domestic made barrels, that would be a no go for me. I would also be curious to know how many, if any of the components are actually made by HK?

They use factory H&K barrels. Some are 1/7 and some are 1/12. The easiest way to tell the difference is if there is a 178 marked on the barrel. That means the twist is 1/7.
    your website says it is 223 is the barrel 223 or 5.56?
    Also dose anymore know of any H&K style rifles that shoot 5.45x39?

None. That is a "Commie" round. H&K experimented with a 7.62x39 version during the Cold War to compete with the AK but seeing as how popular and numerous the AK already was they scrapped it.

PTR makes a 7.62x39 version that uses AK mags but uses a U.S. barrel.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I dont want anything with a U.S barrel is that sad to say or what lol

If it is a U.S. designed firearm then obviously you want that barrel. Other than that I agree with you. Aftermarket barrels made in the U.S. for foreign rifles are crap for the most part.

I would only buy a U.S. barrel for a foreign rifle if said company guaranteed they built the barrel by the same exact-to-a-T factory specs, using the same equipment, and using official factory blueprints.

Gives me an idea to start a company like that :D

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    PTR is proud to share barrel OEM relationships with Green Mountain and Thompson Center. These barrels are provided to PTR in blank form and are then profiled and chambered in house. PTR’s barrels vary in length, 8.5”, 16”, 18”, and 20”. PTR offers military “stepped” style and match grade style barrels, and some types of barrels are fluted for aesthetics and heat dissipation. PTR “C” models offer barrels with a welded compensator for consideration of your specific state laws.

http://www.ptr91.com/faq/

From the PTR website.

Take that how you will.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    http://www.ptr91.com/faq/

From the PTR website.

Take that how you will.

Green Mountain barrels was originally a black-powder barrel builder AFAIK.
    They only recently got into the foreign rifle barrel game because of the 2005 ban on quality imported factory barrels.
    The barrels are not hammer-forged, not chrome-lined, and use more iron than normal which makes it more prone to rust unless properly maintained on a regular basis.
    Century uses these barrels for their builds. They are nowhere near the quality of the foreign barrels longevity wise or factory specs. They may have the same accuracy but lack long-term durability especially if you shoot frequently.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    You may want to check out the dedicated Hk forum http://hkpro.com.

They have a TON of info on the C93s; I have a PTR91 and was considering buying a Hk93 or clone. The biggest issue with the C93 is the bolt gap. Many of the Century builds start to open up after a few hundred rounds. The mating of the barrel to the receiver can be an issue and sometimes they have problems with the trunion loosening up.

I know for a fact that Henderson Arms out of Henderson, NV will check the bolt gap on any of the C93s they sell so that you know what you're getting into. They can be found on Gunbroker.com. Also, the Hk forum has a member named "GhillieBear" who does low volume custom builds at a reasonable price; his guns supposedly are of higher finish quality than the original factory Hk 93s and run without issues...

I personally decided to pass on a C93 after actually holding one. The early ones had low grade mil-surp furniture with a very poor paint job.

good luck.

This post here says all you should need to know about the C93. Once the bolt gap is out of spec, usually from a failing front trunion, the gun is dangerous to fire. The cost of repairing is more then you would pay for another gun. Go Hk, or if you can't afford HK go Vector or PTR. Beware of used early model PTRs, as they had soft trunnions, but the newer ones are good to go. I have had dealings with both the Vectors and the PTRs, and they are quality rifles. But there is no true substitute for a genuine HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom