• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Duffy's Gun Shop in Sparks Glencoe, Maryland has one for around $700-800 bucks the last time I checked.

Just be sure to inspect it in person, Century is known to put out lemons and their barrels are not hammer-forged. Also the receivers are not always in-spec.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    My brother owns that exact rifle and I've shot it quite a few times. It's a pretty cool rifle and very accurate and fun to shoot, but like Scott said, Century Arms can be sketchy sometimes.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Duffy's Gun Shop in Sparks Glencoe, Maryland has one for around $700-800 bucks the last time I checked.

Just be sure to inspect it in person, Century is known to put out lemons and their barrels are not hammer-forged. Also the receivers are not always in-spec.
    Those rifles are built off Maylasian contract HK kits with original barrel I was told

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I don't know if I'd buy something from Century. Yes there is the occasional lemon, but there is also the craftsmanship. Some of them just feel cheap and most I've seen have big ugly welds on them. I know a local gun shop owner who ordered an AK type rifle from Century and when he took it out of the box the barrel was badly curved. I have no idea how it made it out of the factory. Also I don't think they sight them in at the factory. My brother owns a Galil and a FAL and they both shot way to the left. For the most part Century is ok, just look the gun over closely before you buy.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Please don't call the Century version a HK ;) There is a huge difference in quality when comparing the Century clones to the HK93, as well as a huge difference in price. The last HK93 I had in the store sold for 2500.00 and that was a steal. The original HK93 is an awsome rifle that will be very accurate and reliable for a life time, but I don't know how well the Century will hold up. Make sure you inspect in person, check that it functions smoothly, check to make sure bolt carrier wasn't ground on to fit the receiver, and check the lock up and headspace to make sure barrel, trunion, and rollers are correct. AKs are simple to build, but HK designs take more precise techniques to properly assemble, and Century doesn't have the best reputation for quality control.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    midcounty, great post.

One additional "issue" with the 93 family. The standard mag that HK had was a 25 round mag. 40s were an option. They now make a 30 round mag. Unless someone is pinning and blocking these mags, I never have seen 10 or 20 round mags. Being in MD, that makes getting mags for this platform a challenge. True, not as bad as some restrictive states, but still you have to tap dance to get mags.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I already have mags for the H&K in 223 and 308 picked them up years ago now I want a rifle that can use them :D. Also I was looking at reviews on J&G and the reviews were bad so I will keep looking. I can't afford 2500 but if that is what I need to save up and buy to get a working gun so be it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I already have mags for the H&K in 223 and 308 picked them up years ago now I want a rifle that can use them :D. Also I was looking at reviews on J&G and the reviews were bad so I will keep looking. I can't afford 2500 but if that is what I need to save up and buy to get a working gun so be it.

'Buy once, cry once.'

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly

If you don't want to pay for H&K another alternative is Vector. They are in between Century and H&K quality. I would trust their QC department over Century and some of their barrels if you look have the 1/7 twist.

I am tempted to get one since I like the H&K roller platform. Also with the recent influx of MKE-built G36-style mags for around $30 makes them better. APEX also sells mags and replacement parts for fairly cheap.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    A good friend has a sear gun. It is a beast ! That gun does not car what you feed it or if you clean it.

We beat on it with Beta mags and Wolf ammo. It runs like a top.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    True HK's are nice whether 91,93,94, PSG-1 and are now rather costly in used condition, let alone new :innocent0
    They were "dealer" direct back in the early 80's for $399.00 (91,93,94) the PSG-1's were just under a grand.
    they handle well, accurate, fun to shoot, shot my friends, not mine. The PSG-1 is "sweet"
    man to be back in those years again...HK's $399, M1A's $400-$800, IMI Mdl A Uzi $350, S&W Mdl 29's $280
    found an ole Shotgun News, Bumble Bee Sales, Elliot Brothers catalog, from back then
    -Rock

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    True HK's are nice whether 91,93,94, PSG-1 and are now rather costly in used condition, let alone new :innocent0
    They were "dealer" direct back in the 80's for $399.00 (91,93,94) the PSG-1's were just under a grand.
    they handle well, accurate, fun to shoot, shot my friends, not mine. The PSG-1 is "sweet"
    -Rock

+1. I bought my HK91 new in '87. It was $750. It eats anything. I've never shot an HK93, but have shot a friend's HK33. It was flawless in both semi and full auto.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    +1. I bought my HK91 new in '87. It was $750. It eats anything. I've never shot an HK93, but have shot a friend's HK33. It was flawless in both semi and full auto.

Amen..the ones I have shot "eat" anything, tears the "H" out of the brass, and if you don't hit-em with the bullet, you could hit-em with the brass, flings it 30-40 feet to the right and forward..my friend even got the conversion kit for .22. Was going through some ole receipts to scan, found what I had paid for all my toy's, got a SA match Garand made back when the Reese Brothers had SA...not a round through it, had money to burn back then, late 70's early 80's, friend owned a gun shop he would "throw" the catalogs on the counter, I would say I'll take one of these, one of those, give him a deposit, pick them up and order more..a very bad habit:D

-Rock

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We carry both the Century C93 and the Vector Arms V93 rifles they are the same platform but very diffrent in price & quality . If you are looking for a inexpensive shooter the C93 is a great option but if you are wanting quality , nice fit & finish and a good warranty the Vector is the way to go. FYI Vector never went out of buisness that is a internet rumor they have been shipping us guns steady for 10 years or more .

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    We carry both the Century C93 and the Vector Arms V93 rifles they are the same platform but very diffrent in price & quality . If you are looking for a inexpensive shooter the C93 is a great option but if you are wanting quality , nice fit & finish and a good warranty the Vector is the way to go. FYI Vector never went out of buisness that is a internet rumor they have been shipping us guns steady for 10 years or more .
    We must have made it big time glad to see you guys here

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom