• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    A couple weeks ago with my bow, I hit a doe through the heart and the exit took out her elbow on her far side. She made a ton of vocal noise, crashed around for 10 seconds and dropped less than 40 feet away. Loudest craziest thing I have ever heard in 15 years of hunting. My boy was about 100 yards away in another stand, and he thought sasquatch was going to come out of the woods from all the commotion.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Never heard them make noise outside of thrashing when hit. Rabbits on the other hand will squeal like a pig when hit over the head with a pipe. I knew a man when I was a kid and that was his way of killing his domestics for dinner. :sad20:

I used to hunt with a buddy whose stand was just 200-300 yds from me. I heard him fire his shotgun and within seconds heard a scream. AI've never heard a deer make that kind of noise before, but my buddy assured me that the deer he hit ran 20 or 30 yds and began that racket.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Sometimes they will snort if their nasal cavity is getting blood in it and they try to clear it out so they can breath. Or it may have sounded like a snort but was air expelled from a punctured lung.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    my wife shot one at the highest point behind the shoulder you could hit a lung. The bolt passed through and had good blood...but not a good blood trail. Fortunately I found the deer 20yds past where she lost the blood trail. It bled internally and hadn't dropped much blood...lucky for me Im better tracking blood than her...

Red Wings huh? :innocent0

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I only had a deer bellow one time and that was on a quartering away archery shot. Hit the liver and one lung. Deer went 40 yards and stopped looking around to see what happened. Started bleeding out and just before falling over let out a bellow and collapsed dead.

Other than that, I have never heard deer do any noise but blow as an alert.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I have never heard deer do any noise but blow as an alert.

I shot a momma bleating - BAH BAH BAH apparently to younguns in the bush this Muzz.
    I though it was some frog making a sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom