Do you think that Gov. Cuomo will get the message?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    He and his kind will NEVER get the message. None of this legislation is about protecting anyone except those in power. The aim is not to "save lives" but to DISARM the US population. We've seen again and again, those who are producing this kind of legislation are constantly surrounded by their own people WITH guns. They do not want to get rid of guns. They want to get rid of OUR guns. Nothing will change that agenda except a change of government. It fears us so it wants to disarm us and that will not change so long as they are in power. It's really that simple.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I believe Cuomo will win reelection. He just doesn't have a strong opponent. Rob Astorino is nice and pro gun, but Cuomo will wipe the floor with him.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Plus there are "gun owners" who care only about hunting, and Cuomo has taken great pains not to disturb hunters.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Rural vs Urban New York.....or the Armed vs the Unarmed when it comes to significant parts of population in New York. Similiar issue in CT. I fear that their will eventually be a confrontation at some point....

ProGunBaller

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2014
    Sensibly limit voting to only land owners, as it used to be, and watch our problems disappear overnight.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    He and his kind will NEVER get the message. None of this legislation is about protecting anyone except those in power. The aim is not to "save lives" but to DISARM the US population. We've seen again and again, those who are producing this kind of legislation are constantly surrounded by their own people WITH guns. They do not want to get rid of guns. They want to get rid of OUR guns. Nothing will change that agenda except a change of government. It fears us so it wants to disarm us and that will not change so long as they are in power. It's really that simple.

Unfortunately, I believe you are entirely correct on this one.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Sensibly limit voting to only land owners, as it used to be, and watch our problems disappear overnight.

One vote per net tax dollar paid? Oh wait, that wouldn't be fair as 1% pays enough tax to swing every election.... yet they don't pay "their fair share" !

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I can tell you the attitude of some hunters here in NJ.

We have a group here called the NJ Outdoor Alliance (NJOA) which is a group focused on conservation. Conservation also involves hunting and fishing.

Last year the Senate President pushed some really bad gun bills. We also had an election last year.

Guess who NJOA endorsed? They endorsed the Senate President because they claim he did so much good for wildlife and the environment, and that he had an A rating from the NRA. It is true that he had an A rating from the NRA, but he went down to a D last year due to his newfound love for gun control...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The billboards on that page looked photoshopped. They may be real billboards, but for the sake of making things look good for the website, I'm pretty sure that the billboards were photoshopped to make them look right.

Aside from that, this one of those "preaching to the choir" threads, and regardless of the truths in the matter, the masses are asses, and I doubt if those billboards will change anyone's mind - for people who agree, they'll continue to agree, and for the people who don't, they'll see it as a ploy by the gun lobby, and won't do the research necessary to understand that they aren't.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    The billboards on that page looked photoshopped. They may be real billboards, but for the sake of making things look good for the website, I'm pretty sure that the billboards were photoshopped to make them look right.

Aside from that, this one of those "preaching to the choir" threads, and regardless of the truths in the matter, the masses are asses, and I doubt if those billboards will change anyone's mind - for people who agree, they'll continue to agree, and for the people who don't, they'll see it as a ploy by the gun lobby, and won't do the research necessary to understand that they aren't.

Agreed. I'm so tired of this mythical "gun industry", that uninformed people keep blaming 2A lobbyist . Where the hell did that even come from? It isn't like big oil or big tobacco, where there's substantial sized companies. What do we have... Colt and some retailers?

mreaston

Nov 10, 2013

The images are not shopped - it's a LED billboard with rotating messages, located right by the exit for the State Capitol in Albany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom