• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    does anybody here need CCTV? i install 4, 8 and up to 16 cameras.
    i used to work for a local security (alarm and cctv) company but now i am trying to do this by myself... security companies charge you monthly and i cant do that... but i can still install setup and also configure to see cameras via pc on internet or via android, i/os ipod, iphone cell phones...

the installation prices varies on equipment, amount of cameras, type of camera etc, and will include 1 year of online live streaming and a class on how to use the system, after a year you need to pay again to be able to stream live online...

Attachments

• cctvnight.jpg
      cctvnight.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 333

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    You can take care of the streaming on your own, most people doesnt know how to open ports and leave the system working reliable, I just get a dns and configure for you after that you pay for the domain, domain not all free domains work with the cctv system for some reason some cant comunicate.

However I can just do it for a flat rate me taking care of getting the dns and configure everything and leave it working...

Sometimes requires getting a new router sometimes yours is good... depend on what you have fios? Xfinity? Usually companies charge $1400 for two cameras and $40 a month...for at least 3 years and they install whatever they have in stock for years (old technology or old dvrs)

I just install what I sell and what it works well.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    What equipment do you use? I may be willing to buy the stuff from you in exchange for help deciding what to buy. I have a customer in Western Maryland that wants surveillance cameras in her restaurant-employee theft. I have been looking at IP based cameras and network video recorders. She doesn't have space for another PC. I don't want her to have to pay any licensing fees for software. We're probably looking at about 8 cameras. I need POE and may have to use wireless in one or two spots.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    What equipment do you use? I may be willing to buy the stuff from you in exchange for help deciding what to buy. I have a customer in Western Maryland that wants surveillance cameras in her restaurant-employee theft. I have been looking at IP based cameras and network video recorders. She doesn't have space for another PC. I don't want her to have to pay any licensing fees for software. We're probably looking at about 8 cameras. I need POE and may have to use wireless in one or two spots.

i use different brands what i do is i buy either qsee night owl etc and i do setup the systems as soon as i receive them, so when somebody needs one its already tested and configured to what fits most people needs and i can just adjust whatever change have to be changed, but that just takes my time at my office that way i dont charge you per hour.. so i sell the equipment including my labor so after that i just have to take care of the physical installation.

i do ip cameras but for commercial most of the time i install wired cameras... so just one ip or server address to access to cameras online...

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    Can you pm me a price? I'm looking to install 4 cameras, the ability to record, and ability to stream. Its a small house so wiring would be pretty easy.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    With respect to hardwired DVR systems, the cable is very expensive. They usually only give you 60 ft cables per camera. The cable carries both signal and power so its not like you can just go buy more from Home Depot. Costco sells kits. I'm not saying that these systems are bad but there's more to them that is not intuitive. Also, if you want to stream, you'll need to connect the DVR to your network. QSee is the US. version of Dahua and are pretty decent. Lastly, with respect to recording, hard disk size is very important. I think I was loking at a 1.5TB drive and for 4 cameras, 5 days is all it would hold before it started overwriting itself.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Are there any wireless cameras available that are decent?

What do you want to do? I have a couple of Foscam's at my house at Deep Creek that do what I need them to do. They were pretty cheap and basic but they do they job and ha e been reliable.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What do you want to do? I have a couple of Foscam's at my house at Deep Creek that do what I need them to do. They were pretty cheap and basic but they do they job and ha e been reliable.

Hmmm I'm in Myersville I might want to pick your brain.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Howdy, I am prewired for 8 cameras and also have the house on a server with Cat 5e in every room.

I'm in upper Montgomery county and would like to chat.

Thanks,
    Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom