• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you bought a firearm JUST for your kids?

• Total voters

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Yep, the boys are both half way to double digit numbers on the long guns and my daughter is looking forward to a .22 pistol so she doesn't have to stand around and wait while we shoot our hand cannons. All my kids got their first guns at 8, when they are proficient with that one they get to choose another and so on.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    i bought a used Mossberg 46B tube fed .22 rifle for my daughter when she was 10. then i bought her a 20 ga semi auto shotgun which she uses to shoot trap with me once a week.

she also has a Daisy 499 BB gun which she shoot every Monday night for 4-position BB gun. she has just been classified Expert on the BB gun by the NRA. i am setting her up to get the Distinguished Expert classification and i hope she can get it. she is 11.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Was checkin a couple shops today (for me lol) and almost left with a pink camo Thompson Center Hotshot for my daughter. Dang shame she is only 2 1/2. I'll have to beat grandpa to it though.

If and when she shows interest, she WILL have her own. Just like I did with momma.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Yup, he has a Savage MarkII Bolt and i just put money down ona a sr22 for mainly him and possibly the wife to use.
    here is his Thank you note when he was 8 and i bought him the savage.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I have never bought a firearm for my children as they are grown and pick and choose among mine. I bought a Bersa .380 for the Mrs. since she stands at a towering five foot nothing.

My grandson will get broke in with a youth model of some type as soon as he develops the reach.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    just thought about something. what would the liberal media make of a thread called "do you buy guns just for your kids" lol. of course we all know what the op means. but the media would chalk him up to some mass murder/suicide cult leader.

oh, and i dont have kids, but sure i would buy guns just for them. it's more productive than playing whatever playstation console is issued at that time.

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    oh, and i dont have kids, but sure i would buy guns just for them. it's more productive than playing whatever playstation console is issued at that time.

I don't know about that I got the ideas for the final look for my AR15 from playing COD MW3. So I think having good weapon safety practicies combined with the video game may actually be beneficial.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    I don't know about that I got the ideas for the final look for my AR15 from playing COD MW3. So I think having good weapon safety practicies combined with the video game may actually be beneficial.

i agree, a good balance is necessary. I used to play SOCOM 12 hours a day lol. that's excessive.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I built a 22LR upper for my son on an AR-15 platform. He really enjoys shooting it, but I think I will ultimately buy him a dedicated rifle he can call his own.

CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    I have 3 girls (6,8,10) guns that i have purchased specifically for them:
    -Savage Cub 22lr
    -H&R Youth 410
    -H&R Youth 410/22 lr
    -M1 Carbine for 8 yr old
    -6.8SPC M4 10 yr old and wife use it for deer hunting
    -5 different bb guns

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Still waiting for the right one to have the kid with to eventually buy the gun for . I will most likely wait for my nephew to turn 8 and uncle Steve might show up with a either a 10/22 or a bolt action .22 if my sister approves. I know his dad (my brother in law )would be down but my sis can get real nasty at times . Might want to wait for my MD CCP before I try . LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom