• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you bought a firearm JUST for your kids?

• Total voters

stillwillin

Mar 15, 2009
    Mont Co.
    First purchase was a Cricket for my son. He has since outgrown the Cricket so we're currently putting together the pieces for his own a 10/22 build.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Bought 3 for my son, Winchester 94 dirty-30 when he was 13 to hunt deer with. A used Ruger p-something in .45 auto at about the age of 25, coworker was hard up to fix his motorcycle and made me an offer I could not refuse. Last year before Christmas, I won a gun in a gun drawing and put the credit amount toward a Remington 700 bdl in 7mm-08. He is now 30 yo and I need to begin passing along the guns from his great grandfathers and his grandfather, but I have a hard time letting them go.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    my son is 11 and has a few ..

Colt 6721
    10/22
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223
    Franchi Feather Weight 20g
    Cricket

And he will be getting a custom zombie killing 12ga for Christmas .:innocent0

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Bought several.

• Winchester Trapper in .44 magnum, the day my youngest son was born. (He's 16 and has never shot it!)
    • Chipmunk .22lr for my son to learn on.
    • I won a Savage .300 WinMag a few years ago, and swapped it on-the-spot for a Savage Youth Gun in .243 for my son to shoot.
    • Mission "Craze" Bow and a dozen arrows, and a 'Block' target.
    • Remington 700 ML .50 caliber.

• Remington 870 Express, and converted it to a HD gun for my oldest daughter.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My son started off with a Marlin M75. He went up to a S&W M15-22 a few months ago and loves it. I've let him shoot my other rifles, but the Smith was bought just for him.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I had voted "No" on this poll when it first came out. About two weeks ago, a fellow MD Shooter graciously took my son and I to the IWLA range in Germantown. My son fired his bolt action 22lr (and my Ruger 22/45) and really enjoyed the rifle. His 14th birthday is in a couple of weeks. I picked up a Savage MKII 22lr (used) at 2A Sales (got to stop going there) thanks to Mark. I ordered a scope for it and will give it to my son for his birthday. So at least one vote needs to be changed.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I think this says it all. This was 2 years ago. My son was 4 going on 5.

5290970548_5abd47a41a_b.jpg

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Yep. Daughter got her first one for her 8th birthday. Son got one for his 6th birthday. I won't list numbers here but I can assure you they have more than the average citizen sitting in the safe waiting for them to turn the legal age of ownership. They should never need to buy one in their lifetime. Am I a bad Father? I think not!

My daughter is 9 and is has been bugging me about an ADL! I didn't even realize she knew what they were but when we were in Dicks last week she picked up the circular and said Daddy, I want that ADL. It looks really nice. Can I get it for Christmas? Needless to say, I am sure I will be doing some paperwork real soon.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I had voted "No" on this poll when it first came out. About two weeks ago, a fellow MD Shooter graciously took my son and I to the IWLA range in Germantown. My son fired his bolt action 22lr (and my Ruger 22/45) and really enjoyed the rifle. His 14th birthday is in a couple of weeks. I picked up a Savage MKII 22lr (used) at 2A Sales (got to stop going there) thanks to Mark. I ordered a scope for it and will give it to my son for his birthday. So at least one vote needs to be changed.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is how it all starts... Better get a new safe for him cause he will be hooked! Good job and congrats.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Yes My oldest paid half for his first cricket from b day money and I got him a gsg ak22 for his 11th b day.My younger keeps telling me "Daddy you know I don't like guns" however he can shoot rather well.:D
    C

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I essentially pick up a Kimber 82 for my son. Yeah ok it was for me too but if I had the cash I would have grabbed a second one for him :-)

He is 8 right now and has taken an interest in shooting lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom