• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaceNemo

Small fish. Big pond.
    Mar 17, 2013
    Baltimore
    Ever been to rocky run? Not too bad I don't have a problem on my ttr225 there. Its rocky but better than Peters mill/taskers gap. Haven't been to south pedlar yet.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    rocky run is the place west of harrisonburg, on the va/wva line, right? I rode there years ago and the place was a total rock/rut fest. i did like two laps and ended up just riding the miles and miles of logging roads (not part of the trail system).

pedlar is my favorite system within a 3 hour radius of the 495 beltway. about 18 miles around plus some interior cut thru's. not smooth by any stretch but less pounding than green ridge was and also definitely the cove and peters/taskers. has lots of water/irrigation bars that make for lots of very fun jumps. lots of turns, a little elevation change. my knees and lower quads are so freaking sore from doing all the jumps on saturday.

DaceNemo

Small fish. Big pond.
    Mar 17, 2013
    Baltimore
    Yup. I like it. Will be there next week. Its not like riding on a cloud but really not too bad...IMO. No fees for camping or riding either.

DaceNemo

Small fish. Big pond.
    Mar 17, 2013
    Baltimore
    Some of the locals regularly "tree bears" on the rocky run trail. Makes fir an exciting night when you're hearing those dogs howling when they see or smell a bear several times a day.

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Anyone know if full size vehicles, specifically Jeeps, will be allowed? Greenridge was the only trail system in MD that allowed them.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Anyone know if full size vehicles, specifically Jeeps, will be allowed? Greenridge was the only trail system in MD that allowed them.

Popular lick at New Germany used to allow vehicles years ago, my pickup broke down damn near half way thru long ago. Nice walk, that was in pre cell phones days.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    The question is what do the people who live there think and want?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Off the top of my head : Some of the local dirt riders who already "unofficially" use many of the trails will be disapointed to have company , and have to follow Rules & fees. The Chamber of Commerace will be eagerly looking for an economic influx on the scale of WV's .

Meanwhile at Green Ridge , rather than total closure , they should revert to the pre-OHV status. A "Road" , ie liscensed drivers , and liscensed vehicles required , but minimally maintained.

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    My friends and I used to ride all the time, WV, KY, TN, PA lately we have pretty much give it up. Travelling so far to ride, I even thought about selling my Kawasaki 700, but maybe I'll wait and see what this turns out to be.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Off the top of my head : Some of the local dirt riders who already "unofficially" use many of the trails will be disapointed to have company , and have to follow Rules & fees. .

This was originally my thought also. I have been "Unofficially" riding these trails for almost 30 years now and why would I want 1,000 other riders keeping my company? Also , I built my house up in the middle of nowhere for the peace and quiet. That will most likely be gone.

But, As Buff7mm said, the state of Md. could care less what it's residents want as long as they are making money. So, I guess if i can't beat then I may as well join them and support the trail system.

Maybe I will even throw a cabin or two on my property and make a few bucks on it.

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    Popular lick at New Germany used to allow vehicles years ago, my pickup broke down damn near half way thru long ago. Nice walk, that was in pre cell phones days.

I would be surprised if you can get a signal down there today. It'd be nice to find out though.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    I been riding anywhere from Mount Savage to Westernport all my life. Most any riding here is illegal these days. I mainly grew up riding on the railroad ( Now rails to trails? ) my whole life. I use to hit into finzel, and into PA alot. Now its all gone pretty much. I'd like to see something legal come this way, but not cost a fortune. If its gonna be really strict, and cost an arm and a leg, I'll continue to ride as I do currently.

Pricewise, its hard to beat wolf den hunting/riding club, in kitzmiller. I been a member there for about 8 years and its great. For 100 bucks, I get passes for the whole family, anytime camping, riding on over 100 miles of trails, nice stream/river to swim in, etc. Passes run from Jan,1 to Jan 1. Cant beat that for the price.

CapoGreg

Extra mediocre
    Aug 10, 2009
    Aberdeen
    If they open up a vast trail system ill buy another bike. Sold my last bike after green ridge closed.

Yeah, me too. I sold my KLX250 shortly after they closed Green Ridge. If they open the new trails at Savage and Sideling as proposed, I'm getting another dual sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom