• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    There seems to be a plethora of Hogan bashing, but the only thing I've heard is he sold our 2A rights down the river. Although, that is true, that does not make him a Democrat, nor even close to acting like those Demwits in the MGA.

So, I'd like to know why people believe he's more Democrat than a Republican, sans 2A issues.

Fracking ban, support for free college, pulled the National Guard crew back to Maryland in protest of Trumps "ripping babies from the arms of their mothers". Dumping a ton of money into the new "Purple Line" which was arguably not needed or even wanted.

Those are the few things that pop into my head immediately. I am sure there are a few others.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Fracking ban, support for free college, pulled the National Guard crew back to Maryland in protest of Trumps "ripping babies from the arms of their mothers". Dumping a ton of money into the new "Purple Line" which was arguably not needed or even wanted.

Those are the few things that pop into my head immediately. I am sure there are a few others.

Yet even at that he is too conservative for nearly half of Maryland.

This is Maryland, after all. With aspirations to be East California.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Some further breakdown of early voting numbers in the article below.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-early-voting-numbers-20181101-story.html

In 2014 in Maryland, 9.3% of eligible Democratic voters voted early. This year, 19.5% did.

In 2014, 9.2% of eligible Republican voters voted early. This year, 15.4% did.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, the R's better get their butts to the polls in person, en masse on Tuesday, or the Dems will make Jackasses out of them.

There was a mass sprouting of Jealous signs along the roadside this past week. Still very few Craig Wolf signs.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Good because I see him running for POTUS in the future.

On the Evil Party ticket.

Don't worry. There is nothing presidential about him. He's lucky to live in a small, electorally insignificant state that depends on the federal government for an inordinate amount of its prosperity.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't worry. There is nothing presidential about him. He's lucky to live in a small, electorally insignificant state that depends on the federal government for an inordinate amount of its prosperity.

This.

If his 2A record doesn't get markedly better in a second term he would be shellacked in the 2020 primaries.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

He might do better than O'Malley, but they play in the same league.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Attachments

• o'malley.jpg
      o'malley.jpg
      4.2 KB · Views: 210

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Does anyone think that we’re actually better off with Jealous? I cannot imagine that being better for us. Has Hogan ****ed us? Yeah probably so. But Jealous will go in, no lube. And not just with our 2A rights.

I’m genuinely asking. What good can come from Jealous being elected?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    One person shows up to O'Malley event in Iowa, remains uncommitted

By NICK GASS
    12/29/2015 10:13 AM EST
    Updated 12/29/2015 03:20 PM EST

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/martin-omalley-iowa-event-217193

So, you think Hogan might actually get a commitment for a vote or two?

I do so love that story.

Of course, O'Malley gets $90,000 a year pension for his "service" to the state. And health benefits, of course. You, gentle readers, get to foot the bill. So it's possible he's not as dumb as he looks.

Possible, not probable, in my estimation.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Does anyone think that we’re actually better off with Jealous? I cannot imagine that being better for us. Has Hogan ****ed us? Yeah probably so. But Jealous will go in, no lube. And not just with our 2A rights.

I’m genuinely asking. What good can come from Jealous being elected?

The single issue Hogan haters would finally get to feel the full effect of their jealous win.

Sadly... we would all be forced to share in their “joy”. :tdown:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , seriously , I've been thinking much the same as K-31 about that .

I don't have a crystal ball , and Hogan may well decide to happily retire and ride off into the sunset after the end of his stint as Gov , be it 4yrs or 8yr . BUT in everything he does , would be more attractive as self described Centrist Democrat , than as a Republican anywhere outside Maryland or New Jersey .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No , seriously , I've been thinking much the same as K-31 about that .

I don't have a crystal ball , and Hogan may well decide to happily retire and ride off into the sunset after the end of his stint as Gov , be it 4yrs or 8yr . BUT in everything he does , would be more attractive as self described Centrist Democrat , than as a Republican anywhere outside Maryland or New Jersey .

There is nothing at all about Hogan that is attractive enough for him to be a viable national candidate. Nada. Well, maybe two things. He isn't Anthony Brown or Ben Jealous. But neither of them would be on the Dem. ticket.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

There is nothing at all about Hogan that is attractive enough for him to be a viable national candidate. Nada. Well, maybe two things. He isn't Anthony Brown or Ben Jealous. But neither of them would be on the Dem. ticket.

Who's worried? I never said he was a viable candidate for POTUS. I just see that this is where all his posturing is leading. I think that his best shot would be as a Dbag candidate, I just don't know if he's smart enough to realize it. Then again if the Stupid Party goes back to their winning strategy of running McRommney candidates (a candidate that is as close to your opponents politics as possible) then he might have a shot at the Stupid Party nomination but we all know how well that works as far as him actually getting elected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom