Did anyone else catch this Op-Ed piece in the Baltimore Sun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    One of the most racist screeds I'd seen in a while.

I'm less afraid of the criminals wielding guns in Baltimore, I declared as we discussed the issue, than I am by those permitted gun owners. I know how to stay out of the line of Baltimore's illegal gunfire; I have the luxury of being white and middle class in a largely segregated city that reserves most of its shootings for poor, black neighborhoods overtaken by "the game." The closest I typically get to the action is feeling the chest-thumping vibrations of the Foxtrot police helicopter flying overhead in pursuit of someone who might be a few streets over, but might as well be a world away. But I don't know where the legal gun owners are or how to ensure that their children, no matter how well versed in respecting firearms, won't one day introduce that weapon to my daughter.

Literally: "I don't care about real gun violence because it happens to those dark-skinned, poor people. My real concern is that some other rich white kid like mine belongs to a parent who owns guns."

Just. Wow.

This is as good as our former AG telling a court that the reason we needed strong gun prohibitions was because of "Inner City Baltimore" and Prince George's County.

Do they even hear themselves?

FWIW, this is the latest trope from the Bloomberg people: do you know if your child is visiting a home that owns guns? The goal (in their mind) is to make guns equivalent to smoking or other "dirty" things. They think they can "break gun culture" via peer pressure. It won't work. The real world doesn't work the way they think it does.

We have anti-gun friends and they have no issues leaving their young kids with us for a day or a weekend. The only time we have had a problem is when one of them left her husband with us; we spent so much time at the range that day that he missed bringing home dinner.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    These words are ALL I needed to read to tell me that the writer (Trisha Bishop) is stuck in lah lah land and knows NOTHING about the subject of guns as it applies to the legitimate 2A Community.

Those "game players" DON'T stay in those neighborhoods. They venture out into HER neighborhood and rob folks who are just as blissfully ignorant as she is. And the ONLY protection in her neighborhood is in the hands of those gun owners that she is afraid of. What a STUPID idiot she is. :sad20:

And *that's* when they usually become "gun people". :thumbsup:

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    Sent her an email. I suggested that she read the US Constitution and get back to me. I am NOT holding my breath awaiting an answer. Just another 'blow hard' that knows little, and puts it in print as verification.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Haven't read through all the posts, but does the delusional, negligent author of this piece really select her children's playdates via online searches?

If this is a top priority issue for her, does she care so little about her children's welfare that she lets them go to people's houses who she wouldn't dare broach that important subject with, face-to-face?

If her own friends and family would appear on her proposed list, does that mean her kids can't go play at auntie's? If it doesn't, what purpose would the list serve that wouldn't be better served by a frank discussion?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I wonder what THIS little gem was supposes to mean...

Never mind. I don't care.

Libtards like this sanctimonious, overprivileged, dictatorial little twat are why I hold such contempt for the general population of Maryland.:mad54:

I thougt it was only me that had that feeling.....

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    a gun owner registry available to the public online — something like those for sex offenders. I'm not equating gun owners with predatory perverts, but the model is helpful here; I want a searchable database I can consult to find out whether my kid can have a play date at your house.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So dishonest to see that her own drunk driving--which actually endangered the public a few years ago--was ignored in favor of some hypothetical threat from law-abiding Marylanders who happen to own firearms.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Feb 28, 2013
    a gun owner registry available to the public online — something like those for sex offenders. I'm not equating gun owners with predatory perverts, but the model is helpful here; I want a searchable database I can consult to find out whether my kid can have a play date at your house.

Anybody else see an oxymoron here?

"No, not like the sex offender registry, but like the sex offender registry."

:rolleyes:

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Just so no one thinks I'm being racist, I didn't bother to notice the authors ethnicity. But I'm reminded of the old saying about monkeys, typewriters, and the works of Shakespeare. When I read this article I thought the monkeys were getting pretty good. The paragraph construction and storytelling were well done. Excellent piece of fantasy writing. Just needs wizards and trolls.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    but comments are deleted. The hypocrisy is amazing

Well I just gave them one more to delete.

Thanks for the heads-up on the drunk driving charge. I'll add that to my response to her op-ed column!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Somebody already posted her home address in the Sun comment section, she should be a lot safer now.

Is it really in Glen Burnie? Oh that's a hoot. Though, she could be in the city in some parts of that area. Still though.

She who lives by searchable databases:

Name: Bishop, Tricia Clare
    Race: Caucasian
    Sex: FHeight:5'4"Weight:108DOB:01/14/1972

Charge No: 2CJIS Code:Statute Code:TA.21.902.a2
    Charge Description: (Driving Attempting To Drive) Vehicle While Under The Influence P
    Offense Date From: 10/23/2003To:
    Arrest Tracking No: Citation:CH94295
    Charge Amend No: 0Sentence Version:0Charge Class:A
    Disposition
    Plea: GuiltyPlea Date:08/19/2004
    Disposition: GuiltyDisposition Date:08/19/2004
    Jail
    Life/Death:
    Jail Term: Yrs:1Mos:0Days:0Hours:0
    Suspended Term: Yrs:0Mos:11Days:27Hours:0
    UnSuspended Term: Yrs:0Mos:0Days:3Hours:0
    Probation
    Probation: Yrs: Mos : Days : Hours:
    Supervised : Yrs:1Mos:0Days:0Hours:0
    UnSupervised : Yrs:0Mos:0Days:0Hours:0

Does this make her prohibited?

That would be a, maybe. If she has multiple DUI's then yes (habtiual drunkard, substance abuser, etc would be the disqualifier). If she didn't put this on her form 4473, then the BATFE would need to make a dual basis house call (one of the drinking and one of the firearm).

AND full-blown paranoia, from the sound of her article. She needs to be medicated.

Pretty sure she was self medicating.

Careful dudes, she might start drunk dialing....

Who? Lol...the police? Those are evil men and women with guns...scary and baa baa bad.

It's a bitch named Tricia. LOL :lol2:

When Jim Brochin the famous elected anti publicly calls your editorial the most moronic anti thing he can ever recall reading while on the C4 Show you must be a complete moron.

Ouch. The burn (not to be confused with her Bern) hurts.

I see there are still a lot of recent comments, so I added this:

Double :puke::puke:

And the dumb broad doesn't even get why someone called here a KUNT spelled with a K! LOL....oh the density is greater than Osmium.

Not only was it ignored, but comments are deleted. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Free speech, ya know...only when it isn't racists, or bigoted, or trut...oh nevermind. This is nothing but racists, bigoted, and lies.

Well I just gave them one more to delete.

Thanks for the heads-up on the drunk driving charge. I'll add that to my response to her op-ed column!

I really don't want to register for the Sun to comment, but, I have twitter, and they don't do the same thing with the comments there. It's a bit harder.

@triciabishop :D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wow, she's more afraid of legal gun owners than criminals with guns? She went full retard.
    :thumbsup:\thread...;)

There is so much stupid in this article it's hard to know where to even begin.

I am glad the hoplophobic liberal can always move to get away from the illegal gunfire from the poor minorities. If a Republican had written this, it would have been labeled racist, and frankly rightly so.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:stupid people like HER will be the first crying out where was the legal gun owners when____happened:sad20::sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom