Did anyone else catch this Op-Ed piece in the Baltimore Sun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    When Jim Brochin the famous elected anti publicly calls your editorial the most moronic anti thing he can ever recall reading while on the C4 Show you must be a complete moron.

sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia
    There is a special kind of 'baltimore stupid' at work here. On one hand, it causes white people to think that they are impervious to the violence of the city, on the other hand they are guilt ridden that all those poor yoots don't have any other options and are forced into a life of crime. The next op-ed after hers is this piece of drivel:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-thelonious-monk-20160110-story.html

Wow. Never happened because he was never charged and his mother said he didn't do it.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Wow. Never happened because he was never charged and his mother said he didn't do it.

Well, there is a good chance he wasn't the initial thief. Stolen cars get handed from teen to teen until someone gets pulled over.

In later years he graduated. Conspiracy to commit first degree murder, 3rd degree and failure to register.

But yes, he was a great example to his kids.

Last edited:

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I'm fine with them posting a list of gun owners.........

Hear me out for a second.

Make it public, make it searchable, a perfect way for felons to know what houses to avoid so they don't get shot robbing them. Once the this fine Editor's house gets ransacked a few times, after all she all but publicly stated she doesn't own any firearms, she might start to change her mind. I doubt it though.

I don't think your mind has completed the thought process.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Post her home address all over the place, with the caption "This person owns valuable jewelry and electronics, and has no guns in her house."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Post her home address all over the place, with the caption "This person owns valuable jewelry and electronics, and has no guns in her house."

Only works if she's not also a lying hypocrite. You lure Dindonuffin in somewhere where he gets his head blown off and you'll be on the list of people his family's lawyers sue.

Like everyone is saying, the list would only be a list of legal gun owners.

Stranger things have happened in politics and propaganda.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Just NO...

We don't want that done to us... We should not do it to anyone else. No matter how much of an idiotic douche nozzle the person is. :shrug:

Feb 28, 2013
    Maybe she can arrange a play date for her daughter with the children of the thuglifes who she is less scared of. :shrug: I'm sure it will be okay. And no where near as scary as a play date with the children of honest, responsible, law abiding gun owners.

What's more terrifyin' to her than the thuglifes is the possibility that her children may be lured in to the proverbial "gun culture" and and grow up to become law abidin' gun owners themselves.

:omg:

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

:rolleyes:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wanna know if she has illegal drugs in her house. I'll bet she's a doper.

I wonder if she's one of those "cool moms" who buys beer for her teenage kids and their friends?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My wife read the Op-Ed piece about an hour ago. She laughed out loud and asked if it had really been in the paper.

I told her it had and she said the woman was a F'n idiot.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    She certainly doesnt like anyone posting the public information about her DD conviction.

MamaTried

Only me to blame 'cause..
    Dec 10, 2015
    Bmore City
    She doesn't fear criminals because they don't visit her neighborhood. But she fears law abiding citizens that don't share her opinions. Rational not, says Yoda

If she does live on Mt Royal then she's delusional. Yes it's a segregated city, at least in that neighborhood, but when I lived in that same place a few years back I clearly recall this incident.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...-20121115_1_bolton-hill-casings-mckean-avenue

And that's not even getting into the fact that segregation is nothing to be proud of...

And googling to find that showed it's not the only one. Sure you know where to go and maybe CCW wouldn't have helped in that case but the logic is simply atrocious.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I had to go back and read this BS in disbelief. It's just another it's okay for me to infringe on your rights and privacy because I have a child that is more important than you or yours. This is helicopter mom on steroids. She ought to just lock her kid in the closet in her well to do segregated community and all will be well.:rolleyes:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    here is my comment that she deleted....

Wow. Just wow.

It's not alright that the drug trade murders happen outside your white neighborhood and your comments show a major lack of respect for the innocent neighbors who do get caught up in the crossfire. I'm so glad you are pleased your whiteness keeps you from getting caught up in that mess.

I've got a better idea for you- how about pressing the Baltimore DA about why we keep seeing reports in your paper about murders being committed by people who have been arrested 3-4 times in the last couple of years for illegal firearms and who have NEVER been prosecuted for their gun crimes? How many of this years murder victims would still be alive if those criminals were actually prosecuted for their illegal guns?

As to the safety of your kids when they go on a "playdate" or are out in your neighborhood, it's not the government's job to parent for you. Get to know your children's friends and their parents. Meet your neighbors. Ask them about guns if that's what you are worried about

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom