• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    The only On Target I know of is on Rt 175 in Odenton/Severn, just between New Disney Rd and the Rochenbach gate. It's in the strip mall on the far right behind the Jiffy Lube.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Honestly I'd just wait until April 12th. Then try again. Having a "canceled" transaction shouldn't be an issue. Denied is where the trouble begins.

So i waited and waited went again to basspro fill paperwork last monday and tuesday morning they called me to pickup my shotgun. All good on that

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    Things like this just really get under my skin

The man is a legal resident of our country with a clean record and wants to buy a shotgun and he has this crap happen

Good Luck to you Hornet I hope it all works out in the end

Edit: I see that it did work out haha

eos40b

Senile Member
    So i waited and waited went again to basspro fill paperwork last monday and tuesday morning they called me to pickup my shotgun. All good on that

Congratulations on getting the shotgun, being new to this country I recently purchased a hand gun from Freestate in Whitemarsh. Gave them my green card, DL, saftey training course cert and 90 days of bank statements and it was all good. Both Randy and Mark at Freestate are really patient and know the paper work and have delt with alien residents in the past.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Thanks to all, shotgun feel good and not just that i bought a marlin xt 22 22lr ,and same story got.delayed next day picked up from store and today i shot it for first time ;-), now im still on hold for my xdm 4.5 9mm but i talked with Ed from ontarget where i bought the handgun and he said to call him tomorrow and he will see if he can call mdsp and ask for status of it, i bought my two long guns at basspro but just bc of variety and bps employees are very nice amd helpfull i like ontarget because they are very nice and is more personalized and you dont have to wait a damn minute lol.

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    To the OP, I feel your frustration when it comes to paperwork. At one time I was trying to buy a 10-22 at dicks and when I informed the sales person that I was a non immigrant, he immediately said that he can't make the transaction. I asked for the manager and same thing. I informed them that I already own guns legally (p95, saiga223) and would pass the check , but no go.
    Out of frustration I went to a well known gun dealer in the WM area to find a 10 22. Guess what, while I was holding the rifle, I told the sales person that I'm going to buy it and informed about my status, guess what he did. I took the rifle away from me in a very RUDe manner and put the rifle back in the rack. I informed him that I can own legally and he said no. I thought he saw me get offended because of his reaction and said he just doesn't want to deal with the paperwork.
    Well I went back to the Gunshop in Essex and bought the rifle there. They were my dealer for my ruger p95, and in the past few years a Taurus 709, hi point 995ts and last week an AR 15 mp15.
    I would definitely recommend the Gunshop in Essex and also A and D pawn in glen burnie where I got my saiga.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Wow thats.sounds pretty bad, other than delays nobody treated me bad, anyways if you a non inmigrant then you dont have a greencard or permanent resident, as a non inmigrant by law you cant own guns in maryland.... Im a bit confused. When you do papwrwork they ask for you uscis alien number that is issued if you apply for a permanent residence, other than that you get a work visa a work permit or do they give you a temporary greencard? Im just asking bc feel curious since when filling the forms there are 3 questions about your citizenship, if you are illegally in the country and if you are an non inmigrant....

Anyways if you could of get your guns lawfully and the law give you.the right to buy and own guns then is.awesome... But im telling you i bought a handgun and still on hold for 50+ days...

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    To the OP, I feel your frustration when it comes to paperwork. At one time I was trying to buy a 10-22 at dicks and when I informed the sales person that I was a non immigrant, he immediately said that he can't make the transaction. I asked for the manager and same thing. I informed them that I already own guns legally (p95, saiga223) and would pass the check , but no go.
    Out of frustration I went to a well known gun dealer in the WM area to find a 10 22. Guess what, while I was holding the rifle, I told the sales person that I'm going to buy it and informed about my status, guess what he did. I took the rifle away from me in a very RUDe manner and put the rifle back in the rack. I informed him that I can own legally and he said no. I thought he saw me get offended because of his reaction and said he just doesn't want to deal with the paperwork.
    Well I went back to the Gunshop in Essex and bought the rifle there. They were my dealer for my ruger p95, and in the past few years a Taurus 709, hi point 995ts and last week an AR 15 mp15.
    I would definitely recommend the Gunshop in Essex and also A and D pawn in glen burnie where I got my saiga.

:thumbsup:+1 for The Gun Shop.

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    I'm here on a work visa, already filed for change status since 2007. There is a backlog in the immigration now so the green card is not yet issued. I have a work card which I renew every 2 years.
    Definitely +1 to the Gunshop

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom