• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    SG, just how "inaccurate"? Inches off point of aim at what range?
    Valid point. Quiet is great, but if you can't put them where you want them???? Curious as I've never shot these. Thanks
    I was shooting at 50yds out of a bergara b14r with a SiCo Sparrow. These were 10 shot groups, quiet had a 1.5" group compared to CCI SV at 0.75". I shot every type of ammo I had on hand, so 16 different types. CCI quiet was the worst of them all for accuracy.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    As far as other 22 cans, I’m also interested in the Oculus and the Switchback.
    I have the switchback and a sparrow. The switchback is a good can, but it changes accuracy on my bergara more than the sparrow. I was kind of frustrated with the accuracy I was getting, but then I realized I felt that way since I got the switchback. Took the can off and was surprised how much of a difference there was.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have the switchback and a sparrow. The switchback is a good can, but it changes accuracy on my bergara more than the sparrow. I was kind of frustrated with the accuracy I was getting, but then I realized I felt that way since I got the switchback. Took the can off and was surprised how much of a difference there was.
    That is really great information! Thank you

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I was shooting at 50yds out of a bergara b14r with a SiCo Sparrow. These were 10 shot groups, quiet had a 1.5" group compared to CCI SV at 0.75". I shot every type of ammo I had on hand, so 16 different types. CCI quiet was the worst of them all for accuracy.
    That’s not too bad

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I ended up getting some German 22LR target ammo made in the 60's that I would say is bellow 1,000 fps. I think they are "long" as opposed to "long rifle". That ammo is actually very accurate and using my CGS Hydra AL and Browning T-Bolt all you hear is "click"

Yes it is collectable ammo - might get some stupid amount of money for it - but hell - it's great target ammo so I shoot it. No it did come as a complete brick, but there is half a brick left.

20190325_214200.jpg
    hear "click".

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Shooting the Savage, the quiets were about 2” lower than point of aim, but, were as accurate as me. Take that for what it’s worth :shrug:… This was at 10 shots at 25 yards:
    IMG_3716.jpeg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I also shot 10 with the Mk IV….. I have no idea where they were hitting. I’m also not 100% certain about its accuracy, with this optics setup. I kinda rushed the zeroing, after installation.
    IMG_3719.jpeg

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    That’s not too bad
    Fair point, I forgot to mention that perspective is really important. My bergara is in the 240s pretty regularly when shooting the IBS 22lr targets at 50 yds. I'm used to sub moa or better with sk lr match, so 3 moa is not worth shooting from that rifle. Your mileage will vary.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Anyone try the suppressed CCI’s? I believe they’re 45gr. and rated at 970fps.

I just shot CCI Suppressors (970 fps), Quiets (720), Rem Sub sonic (1020), Rem CeeBee LR (710),,
    Aguila Sub Sonic.
    I shot them out of my 10/22, Marlin 39D and Marlin 39A

The CCI Suppressor where the most accurate, CCI quiets and Rem CeeBee where very inaccurate height wise,, you could hear the diff in report from shot to shot.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Don't forget me,, I am only a mile away,,
    I wish that I had enough property that I could invite people over. Unfortunately, I don’t, and I really don’t want to be a nuisance to my retired neighbors. Those first two shots I took, were pushing the envelope.
    I just shot CCI Suppressors (970 fps), Quiets (720), Rem Sub sonic (1020), Rem CeeBee LR (710),,
    Aguila Sub Sonic.
    I shot them out of my 10/22, Marlin 39D and Marlin 39A

The CCI Suppressor where the most accurate, CCI quiets and Rem CeeBee where very inaccurate height wise,, you could hear the diff in report from shot to shot.
    I’m definitely going to get the CCI suppressor ammo, next. I’d be interested in how they compare to the standard velocity, for sound.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I wish that I had enough property that I could invite people over. Unfortunately, I don’t, and I really don’t want to be a nuisance to my retired neighbors. Those first two shots I took, were pushing the envelope.

I’m definitely going to get the CCI suppressor ammo, next. I’d be interested in how they compare to the standard velocity, for sound.
    I just ordered another 2K of CCI suppressor,,
    Cheapest in stock was:

Dang,, looks like i bought it all.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Hey….. I just noticed… Not one of you bastards have given my video a thumbs up :tantrum::toothless:rasp::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    How’s about a little love from our little community of gun nuts? :sarcasm: Lmao
    OK...I stopped over at YouTube and gave you a damn 'Like'. Hope you're happy.

Thank you for posting the video!

I bought a brick of "Quiet-22" at the gun show yesterday...hope they aren't 3 moa through my rifle. If they are, I won't want to use them.

The group in post #27 shows a lot of vertical, which positively kills long(er) range potential. Anybody chronograph these yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom