• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just posted another video, yet again, of my SilencerCo Sparrow and Savage MkII. This time, I demonstrate the differences of the crack of supersonic, skirting the threshold and being well below the speed of sound. 1,255fps, 1070fps and 710fps. with 22 long rifle ammo. Hope you like it

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I just posted another video, yet again, of my SilencerCo Sparrow and Savage MkII. This time, I demonstrate the differences of the crack of supersonic, skirting the threshold and being well below the speed of sound. 1,255fps, 1070fps and 710fps. with 22 long rifle ammo. Hope you like it

Nice comparison and nice work! Thanks for posting!

The CCI Quiets out of my Ruger Mk IV .22-45 with a Form 1 can are eerily quiet. The rifle barrel is surely allowing the round to gain a good bit of speed.
    My pistol won't cycle them in semi auto, but they are crazy quiet.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Nice comparison and nice work! Thanks for posting!
    Thank you!
    The CCI Quiets out of my Ruger Mk IV .22-45 with a Form 1 can are eerily quiet. The rifle barrel is surely allowing the round to gain a good bit of speed.
    I didn’t even bother to try them through my Mk IV or 10/22. I’ll give them a go, later. Thanks!
    Nice video. Thanks for posting it!
    Thank you for watching!

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016

Nice vid. Next one, take the can off and you will be surprised how quiet the CCI Quiets are w/o a can in a rifle. :-) 22 shorts are also pretty quiet unsuppressed out of a rifle. Super Calibri 22 at 550-700 fps, primer only 22, unsuppressed sound like a loud BB gun. Regular Calibri's at 550 fps are even quieter but should be limited to pistols/revolvers since in a rifle the bullet might not make it out of the barrel. You will have to rack any semi autos between shots that will sound like a cap gun. These are fun for those that don't have cans and don't want to annoy the neighbors.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can hear the firing pin hit the rim. If it wasn't for the "ding" on the steel target, you would think it was a misfire. OK, maybe not that quiet, but creepy quiet nonetheless.
    The first time I showed my FIL what a suppressed FV-SR can do, he he said “misfire”. No, good sir, let’s try that again. “Listen for impact”. He was duly impressed.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    They are crazy quiet but out of my b14r, they are also some of the least accurate rounds I've shot. CCI quiets are fun to get a reaction shooting suppressed, but I don't trust them to hit smaller targets.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    They are crazy quiet but out of my b14r, they are also some of the least accurate rounds I've shot. CCI quiets are fun to get a reaction shooting suppressed, but I don't trust them to hit smaller targets.
    I’ve read that, in one of the reviews. I’ll have to put it to the test. Maybe tomorrow :rockon:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

SG, just how "inaccurate"? Inches off point of aim at what range?
    Valid point. Quiet is great, but if you can't put them where you want them???? Curious as I've never shot these. Thanks

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anyone try the suppressed CCI’s? I believe they’re 45gr. and rated at 970fps.
    SG, just how "inaccurate"? Inches off point of aim at what range?
    Valid point. Quiet is great, but if you can't put them where you want them???? Curious as I've never shot these. Thanks
    I’ll have to check accuracy out tomorrow. They seem to hit where I aimed, but, I didn’t shoot at targets. Just a tree stump, about 40 yards away. I might try them through my Mk IV, as well. My 22’s keyhole with the standards. It’ll be interesting to check the slowpokes.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Hey….. I just noticed… Not one of you bastards have given my video a thumbs up :tantrum::toothless:rasp::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    How’s about a little love from our little community of gun nuts? :sarcasm: Lmao

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Quiets are horrible. Yes they are super quiet, but as ammo for hunting, I would not use them.
    CCI supressor and sv are both excellent out every can I have used. My go to for accuracy and quiet is Gemtech subs. I don't think they are made any more, but I have a decent supply.
    The other factor is the can. The Sparrow has a significant FRP. Redo the video when you get the Mask. I have never liked mono core cans because of the FRP.
    If you want to try multiple 22 cans, PM me. I have have access to a bunch of 22 cans.
    I would also be cautious of shooting thunder crap through your cans. That ammo is really dirty.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Quiets are horrible. Yes they are super quiet, but as ammo for hunting, I would not use them.
    CCI supressor and sv are both excellent out every can I have used. My go to for accuracy and quiet is Gemtech subs. I don't think they are made any more, but I have a decent supply.
    The other factor is the can. The Sparrow has a significant FRP. Redo the video when you get the Mask. I have never liked mono core cans because of the FRP.
    If you want to try multiple 22 cans, PM me. I have have access to a bunch of 22 cans.
    I would also be cautious of shooting thunder crap through your cans. That ammo is really dirty.
    Yep, the FRP is definitely there, on my Mk IV, with my Sparrow. But, it isn’t noticeable on my 10/22 or Mk II, at least by me. I definitely want to get some of the CCI 45gr. suppressor food. I’ve got probably 10k rounds of .22…. Unfortunately, I think it’s primarily the Thunderbolts, with some of the copper hollow points. I bought them during the great drought, of 2013 :facepalm: Oh well, that’s what the ultrasonic cleaner’s for.
    As far as other 22 cans, I’m also interested in the Oculus and the Switchback.

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    What video? :)
    IMG_3714.jpeg

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yep, the FRP is definitely there, on my Mk IV, with my Sparrow. But, it isn’t noticeable on my 10/22 or Mk II, at least by me. I definitely want to get some of the CCI 45gr. suppressor food. I’ve got probably 10k rounds of .22…. Unfortunately, I think it’s primarily the Thunderbolts, with some of the copper hollow points. I bought them during the great drought, of 2013 :facepalm: Oh well, that’s what the ultrasonic cleaner’s for.
    I've got some of that CCI Suppressor. Plus Colibris. Plus CCI Quiets. And CCI Quiet Semi-Auto.

I already told you to invite me over for a back yard party.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Well, the good thing is 22 is plentiful and cheap enough now. Donate the thunder crap to your local Boy Scout counsel and get good ammo. :D
    The Oculus (as is anything Rugged) is a good can. Cant comment on the switchback though, never seen one. But SiCo products are GTG in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom