• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Just got back a little bit ago from spending about 5 hours on their ranges. I have to say, It was a great experience for a good price. I would definitely go back, especially on a rainy day since I guess it scares other ppl off :D

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    The 1.3 hr one way didn't seem too bad considering I just drove back from the Pinehurst area of NC yesterday. It's so hard to come back every time I'm down there (and the drive isn't the reason...:innocent0)

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Two hour drive for me , I try and get there once a month . It is the only range I shoot at unless I go to a friends place in PA .

They are great people down there . I usually spend more time talking to and helping Harvey then I do shooting .

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am thinking of going tomorrow. Is the place kid friendly? I have 7&9 year olds and I was hoping they would have something to do out of harms way for two hours. Is there a club house or something, or would they just be bored. I can take them to some ranges and they have things to do and can be safe. Thanks.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    It's got to be nice to have a place like that near by. We have nothing here in Southern Maryland to speak of. Charles County is extremely anti-gun and our P&R would never allow anything like that under county ownership. We can't even get permits for good old Turkey Shoots here anymore. The closest place we have here is PG Trap, but, that's way too far to drive. Myrtle Grove is nothing more than a small field where you have to bring everything you need to shoot for an hour and that's basically a hassle for no more time than you are going to shoot since you only have an hour per person/group limit there.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Delmarva is a great place to shoot and I don't mind the drive. I have private ranges to shoot at in Southern Maryland but none of them offer Delmarva's 300 yard rifle range.

DkKnight

Dec 9, 2010
    MD
    I was headed with a group but the rain scared them off - definitely gonna get out there next weekend !!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I hear you can shoot steel with rifles at 200+? Do they rent the steel targets there or do we have to bring our own?

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    You can shoot steel at 100 too. Actually you can shoot at anything you want, as long as you clean up your mess.
    Bring your own.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    They have target banks out to 300 yds and they allow most targets you bring other than food. No watermelons, pumpkins, etc.

Overboost44, they do have a store/clubhouse, but I don't think they want the imposition of watching your kids while you're on the range. It is a kid-friendly place as mine have shot there with me over the last few years and had a blast. They encourage kids coming to shoot, but they don't babysit.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    They have target banks out to 300 yds and they allow most targets you bring other than food. No watermelons, pumpkins, etc.

Overboost44, they do have a store/clubhouse, but I don't think they want the imposition of watching your kids while you're on the range. It is a kid-friendly place as mine have shot there with me over the last few years and had a blast. They encourage kids coming to shoot, but they don't babysit.

Thank you for answering my question ...44! I will try not to bring them when I go. Wife works sometimes on the weekends. My 9yr old can shoot, but I want to give him a little more time

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom