• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I've been looking forward to this for too long to back out now.

I wish I had some time to practice snapping in with the M14, but with company in town this week I haven't even been able to do that. Hopefully I'll be able to knock the rust off and not stink it up too bad on the firing line.

The only thing the rain means for me is that the pretty blued 1911s and wood stocked guns will probably stay home. It makes me glad I've got that GI fiberglass stock on the 'ole 14, and at least one tupperware pistol to bring! :party29:

See you guys there!

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I'm just going to bring an all weather AR-15(don't know which one yet), my $60.00 .22 rifle I found, and a stainless steel .45 longslide. Oh yea, and my short 870.

:mdpatriot

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    The chances of me making it tomm are slimming down...Ill make up my mind in the morning if its worth the 2 hour ride to hang out in my truck in the rain for a few hours and then come home.

Heavy rain and strong thunderstorms all day tomm :mad54:

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    This is going to be an interesting day. I'm going to hate driving 2+ hours out there only to have to wade to the berm. The forecast is not looking good for this.

Weather is driving what will come with me. At this point, the only definites are my 6.5mm and my .17MHR varmint gun. In a shifting wind, that's going to make shooting a fun event.

I'm willing to help out or just take a bench and plink away. I don't know how useful I'm going to be to anyone in any type of instructor capacity in these conditions but I'm willing to give it a shot. :)

I expect to get there around 9:30-10am. At worst, I huddle under a poncho with everyone else and play it by ear.

Matt

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    CAMBRIDGE...SALISBURY...CRISFIELD...

PRINCESS ANNE 406 PM EDT SAT APR 14 2007 ...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WAKEFIELD HAS ISSUED A * FLOOD WATCH FOR A PORTION OF THE LOWER EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...DORCHESTER...

SOMERSET AND WICOMICO.

* FROM 2 AM EDT SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON * LOW PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP OVER THE TENNESSEE VALLEY THIS EVENING...INTENSIFYING AS IT PUSHES EASTWARD OVERNIGHT....MOVING TO NEAR THE EASTERN VIRGINIA COAST BY SUNRISE SUNDAY. RAINFALL WILL ENTER THE REGION FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST THIS EVENING...FALLING HEAVY AT TIMES LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

* WIDESPREAD AMOUNTS OF BETWEEN ONE AND TWO INCHES OF RAIN ARE EXPECTED WITH THIS STORM...WITH LOCALIZED HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL COULD CAUSE SOME FLOODING ACROSS PARTS OF THE LOWER MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE...PARTICULARLY IN LOW-LYING AREAS AND IN AND AROUND SMALL AND TRIBUTARY STREAMS.

AS LOW PRESSURE INTENSIFIES AND PUSHES NORTHWARD...GUSTY WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS COULD MAKE FOR SOME COASTAL FLOODING CONCERNS OVER WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING SHORE AREAS ON THE LOWER MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE. RESIDENTS OF THESE AREAS ARE REMINDED TO CONTINUE MONITORING THE LATEST FORECAST UPDATES FOR MORE INFORMATION.

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

advertisementPowered by

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Im going to check out the weather in the AM and try and find out how the day is going to play out. Im packed and ready to go, but i just dont to drive for 2 hours and hang out in the rain all day and drive back. Man this sucks!!!! Im crossing my fingers something changes. If it was a 30 or 40 minute drive id be there in a heartbeat, but for now ill just play my cards as they're dealt to me.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Well, they forecasted that today would be a deluge, but I'm sitting in Delmar right now and it is blue skies. Hopefully they are wrong about tomorrow as well.

By the way, the Walmart in Salisbury still sells ammo. I stopped by Gander Mountain and bought 100 rounds of WWB .40 for $29 (ouch!) thinking that I had no choice, but I later went to Walmart and found the same ammo for $19 (Doh!).

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    I'm coming over anyway, rain or shine. I want to check out the range anyway becaus Hap Baker won't be open for who knows how long...and beside DelMarVa has a 300 yd point.

I don't mind the drive, it should be pretty quiet around 7am when I leave.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The wind is projected to get down to reasonable levels by 10am or so. That will make a big difference.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just printed off the targets for the rifle competition.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I'm down to the SKS and 1911, but i'll be there... got to try out this new SKS magazine.

I wanted to bring the .308, but between the wind and my lack of ammo arriving on time its just not happening.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County

Attachments

• IMG_0017-resized.JPG
      IMG_0017-resized.JPG
      76.5 KB · Views: 102
    Last edited:

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Ok, so just to clarify, if coming from the bay bridge I'm taking 50 to old bradley. The Delmarva page seems to say turn right on old bradley, google maps doesn't show much of old bradley to the right of 50, so I want to make sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom