• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I spoke today during the Howard County Public Hearing and discussed Delegate Turner's e-mail.

I read this excerpt "The real Challenge is how to collect the thousands of assault weapons already in circulation". He responded by saying something to the effect that I took his words out of context.

I then offered to read his whole e-mail as testimony but Senator Robey insisted that my time was up.

Here is a screen shot of the e-mail, I only changed my e-mail address to the word "me"...

DelegateTurner_zps32f851ca.jpg

LocknLoad

Jun 27, 2008
    Howard Co
    I was there this evening as well. Turner is an idiot. Certainly send a copy of the email to the other delegates. I testified as well. Keep spreading the word. There are many more of us than there are of them.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Wow. I must have rated higher. He sent me a longer email saying how he supports the 2A. We just need to rely on the police to do their job. And, hunters provide a valuable service. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting me about possible legislation to help control the proliferation of gun violence.

I support the Second Amendment and believe that gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution. Hunters provide a valuable service to society by helping to control the overpopulation of certain animals in both urban and rural areas. Individuals also have the right to self-defense in order to protect themselves and their loved ones. I believe that one’s right to bear arms is not abridged by eliminating a type of weapon that has been used to commit large scale public acts of violence. In today’s society, securing safety of the state and its citizens can be accomplished without the private use of assault weapons.

I believe that one can adequately defend oneself and one’s family without using assault weapons. Handguns and other arms effectively provide the means to defend oneself against the security threats in Maryland. Additionally, I urge individuals to utilize the services provided by local, state, and federal law enforcement services to help secure their neighborhoods and communities from potential threats.

Along with officials in many other legislative bodies across the country, I believe that a regulated licensing process, along with increased funding for mental health services and stricter limits on magazine and clip capacity, will reduce gun violence. Implementing these ideas together, we can reduce the number of incidents and tragedies that involve gun violence in our communities, our state, and our country.

Very truly yours,
    Frank
    Delegate Frank S. Turner
    Vice Chairman, Ways and Means Committee
    District 13 – Howard County
    Room 131, HOB
    410-841-3246/301-858-3246
    Fax: 410-841-3986
    E-mail: frank.turner@house.state.md.us
    http://mlis.state.md.us/

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wow. I must have rated higher. He sent me a longer email saying how he supports the 2A. We just need to rely on the police to do their job. And, hunters provide a valuable service. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting me about possible legislation to help control the proliferation of gun violence.

I support the Second Amendment and believe that gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution. Hunters provide a valuable service to society by helping to control the overpopulation of certain animals in both urban and rural areas. Individuals also have the right to self-defense in order to protect themselves and their loved ones. I believe that one’s right to bear arms is not abridged by eliminating a type of weapon that has been used to commit large scale public acts of violence. In today’s society, securing safety of the state and its citizens can be accomplished without the private use of assault weapons.

I believe that one can adequately defend oneself and one’s family without using assault weapons. Handguns and other arms effectively provide the means to defend oneself against the security threats in Maryland. Additionally, I urge individuals to utilize the services provided by local, state, and federal law enforcement services to help secure their neighborhoods and communities from potential threats.

Along with officials in many other legislative bodies across the country, I believe that a regulated licensing process, along with increased funding for mental health services and stricter limits on magazine and clip capacity, will reduce gun violence. Implementing these ideas together, we can reduce the number of incidents and tragedies that involve gun violence in our communities, our state, and our country.

Very truly yours,
    Frank
    Delegate Frank S. Turner
    Vice Chairman, Ways and Means Committee
    District 13 – Howard County
    Room 131, HOB
    410-841-3246/301-858-3246
    Fax: 410-841-3986
    E-mail: frank.turner@house.state.md.us
    http://mlis.state.md.us/

I got this exact same p.o.s. from him as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Now we have a documented response to any legislator who tells us they don't want to take our guns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom