• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Just got this from my Delegate in Baltimore City:

Dear Ass-clown Who I Don't Care About At All:

Thank you for contacting me to express your position on Senate Bill 281 (SB 281), which proposes to advance regulations upon the sale, transfer, purchase and reception of assault weapons in Maryland. I appreciate hearing your opinion on this issue.

SB 281 passed committee in a joint vote between the House Judiciary Committee and the House Health and Government Operations Committee on Friday, March 29 by a margin of 27-18. The legislation will come to the full House of Delegates this week.

I appreciate your advocacy and the time you have taken to share your thoughts with me. If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Pete

I replied with a more candid than normal response:

Peter,

I would like to know what you think you will accomplish by banning the future sale of a certain class of firearms. Since there were zero (0) deaths involving these guns in Maryland last year, I am assuming that you think that limiting access to these weapons will stop a large-scale massacre like those that happened in Sandy Point, Aurora, Tucson, and Virginia Tech. But wait? Those last two were committed with handguns - so what exactly do you think you will stop? Maybe if off duty police officers were able to carry firearms into schools, then we could have some sort of free safety presented to our children - but .... oh, that's right. That was voted down. <shake head>

Seems that you just want to ban something - without trying to improve any sort of crime in Maryland. Otherwise you would have voted "yes" like your fellow Baltimore Delegate Luke Clippinger to get rid of good time credits for people who committed crimes with firearms and enforce mandatory prison sentences for these criminals. Even after that amendment passed, Delegate Vallario decided he didn't like it and ordered a "recount" after a few minutes of likely strong-arming Delegate Tarrant to "recount" his vote in a different manner.

Now we have a bill that will only restrict people's access to firearms while providing the citizens of Maryland with no additional safety from the thugs that run our streets. And in addition, you have completely ruined the sanctity of Democracy.

Thanks for nothing,
    Ass-clown Who He Doesn't Care About At All

I suppose this is just me venting more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom