• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Join the club ... I've ALWAYS been on someone's 'list' ... usually their s**tlist.

LOL ... how true ;)

I remember the day I bought my Barrett ... the girl behind the counter informed me that I was now on a particular FBI list. So what the heck is one more?

R357

Jun 23, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    If he hadn't started off calling it a militia the idea wouldn't be stuck with all the negative connotations that come with it.

Still watching to see what becomes of this, though.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    I rather like the idea of it being called a militia rather than the CDF. Part of the issue that we face is that progressives win arguments because they control language. We cave and adapt to their new definitions.

The MD Annotated Code has the outlines for the regular and irregular militia, which I think is the bigger problem with the naming. Ensuring it keeps its distance from a the militia under control of the State.

Whatever you want to call it, it is by all definitions, a militia. There isn't and there should be nothing wrong with that. Those who wince at the term are already lost to the cause of Liberty.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    I rather like the idea of it being called a militia rather than the CDF. Part of the issue that we face is that progressives win arguments because they control language. We cave and adapt to their new definitions.

The MD Annotated Code has the outlines for the regular and irregular militia, which I think is the bigger problem with the naming. Ensuring it keeps its distance from a the militia under control of the State.

Whatever you want to call it, it is by all definitions, a militia. There isn't and there should be nothing wrong with that. Those who wince at the term are already lost to the cause of Liberty.

I agree ("Those who wince at the term are already lost to the cause of Liberty")

Ultimate Member
    we prefer the term communist

Well tell your daughters to be more responsible. I was out in Baltimore once and one of your daughters was puking her guts up in public. Your family seems to have a lot of problems, you should try and teach your kids to act right. Just because your wife is a judge and can get their cases thrown out does not mean your kids should act like they are on girls gone wild.

MartinO'Malley

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 8, 2013
    Well tell your daughters to be more responsible. I was out in Baltimore once and one of your daughters was puking her guts up in public. Your family seems to have a lot of problems, you should try and teach your kids to act right. Just because your wife is a judge and can get their cases thrown out does not mean your kids should act like they are on girls gone wild.

I totally love Girls Gone Wild!!!! Being Irish I didn't understand the rest of your post though.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Ok, here's my take.

I heard Dweyer speak the day 1,300 testified. He seemed ernest and with righteous indignation, totally acceptable.

He shared some secrets about the process of law making and committees.

People have world views, MOM and Deweyer.

"Too Far, Too Fast".

Do you know who said that quote and on reference to what?

If you don't then don't think yourself too smart, in this instance.

See people don't fight over Amendments like Voting at 18, too much, they don't fight over things like even eminent domain too much. But certain things create a culture war.

Certain things that happened in the '70s created a culture war.

Maybe MOM is working "too far, too fast".

It isn't against the law - yet - for Dweyer to be upset.

Now, as I suspect - 50% of you will continue to vote Democrat and be confused at the outcome.

1st and 2nd Amendment ideas in Practice (not fighting or even yet being forced to fight) are a bad thing?

If so, Sick place to live, for sure. I'll probably be moving out anyhow.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    SNIP:

Like asking people to start focusing on individual readiness (gear and physical fitness) and building contacts and relationships.

Branding an umbrella org right out the gate is great publicity, but not so great for prepping for actual utility down the road.

Pretty much, one of my friends (middle of the road political guy, so I was quite surprised) posted something about forming up a militia on facebook.

My response was that I believe in being in good shape and well trained -- I think it is important that your friends do as well. I'm not going to deal with the baggage that comes when you call your informal hiking and shooting group a "militia."

I'm just a guy who likes playing paintball, backpacking, wilderness camping, shooting, and the like.

Apr 8, 2013
    Anne Arundel Co
    MD Constitutional reference

Marlyand Constitution
    Article IX
    SECTION 1. The General Assembly shall make, from time to time, such provisions for organizing, equipping and disciplining the Militia, as the exigency may require, and pass such Laws to promote Volunteer Militia organizations as may afford them effectual encouragement.

Question: Since this says that the Gen. Ass. may promote and encourage volunteer militia organizations, doesn't that mean that it is leagal to form or join a militia in Maryland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom