• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    She might look like a hero to her constituents, because Montco is the right coast's equivalent of the left coast, and is competing to outdo it.

If I were standing in front of Giant Food in downtown Bethesda on a sunny Sunday morning like 4/7/13, and sporting a petition regarding SB281, I would have people standing in line around the store to sign up -- IF I told them that supporting SB281 would save childrens' lives by banning assault weapons. I would have about 30 seconds of contact with them on their way to the Apple Store or another downtown Bethesda retailer.

If I were to advertise and promise that it would also ban the NRA, the crowd in Bethesda might swell to near-riotous proportions.

Some of our 2-A brothers and sisters throughout Maryland just don't seem to relate to the sheer numbers of people in the urban centers of MoCo, Baltimore, and P.G., versus the rest of us. We are outnumbered. We need to be a lot smarter than them, or at least have the law and facts on our side. We do.

WE ARE IN THE MINORITY. Get used to it, and make use of it. The Constitution protects you. That's why it's there. Referendums don't!

We are outnumbered by Lemmings, not people who have really looked into SB-281 and the implications. We are outnumbered by people who blindly vote the party line, not people who dig in and look at the information and form an educated opinion. We are outnumbered by people who aren't engaged in this fight because they don't own a gun and don't believe this fight is there fight.

We outnumber the opposition in engaged, responsive and dedicated patriots who are willing to dedicate time away from their jobs, families, and other commitments to make a difference. The opposition never put up the numbers we did in surveys, protests or testimonies. Their fight was the easy one and they only won this round because of party politics. MOM read the President's script and made it his own. Dumais read MOM's script and marched to her orders. When she stated she was opposed to an amendment most of the other Democrats in the room blindly voted with her.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The strategy to go after donors was only proposed at the last minute. She had made a deal with MOM several days prior, and had already turned coat by then.

By pretending to be with us, she probably got a better deal from MOM,

Haven't followed this particular thread. If anyone is under the mistaken and/or delusional impression that she ever was neutral, what the hell are you smoking?

She's Democrat Chairman Vallario's underling,she's followed Mao'Malley's orders to the "T," and is beholden to them and assigned to this bill.

From the start.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Spot on. I've lived in this liberal cesspool my whole life. You're not gonna change any minds here. They are too entrenched in their liberal thinking. More effective efforts should be expended elsewhere. This county is a lost cause and I'm not a pessimist. Just that we can accomplish more in other counties with politicians whose minds could be changed.

Frosh, Dumais, Frick, Lee et all will never change their positions no matter how much we try. Let's work elsewhere.

My .02 which ain't much.

Sorry that's a bullsh!t way of looking at the issue. I have lived in Moco for 35 years and know there are many conservatives here that vote the liberal line but don't support this gun grab. I have never been one to adopt the strategy of "go ugly early" so you get something at the end of the day. Shoot for the moon and settle if you have to. Dumais and Frosh are vulnerable in the primaries especially if we hammer thier donors and financial support their challengers.

I know many well healed donors in Moco looking back anyone that can defeat the Frosh's and Dumais of this State. They just need our help to make it happens. DINO's are what we need now!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We are outnumbered by Lemmings, not people who have really looked into SB-281 and the implications. We are outnumbered by people who blindly vote the party line, not people who dig in and look at the information and form an educated opinion. We are outnumbered by people who aren't engaged in this fight because they don't own a gun and don't believe this fight is there fight.

We outnumber the opposition in engaged, responsive and dedicated patriots who are willing to dedicate time away from their jobs, families, and other commitments to make a difference. The opposition never put up the numbers we did in surveys, protests or testimonies. Their fight was the easy one and they only won this round because of party politics. MOM read the President's script and made it his own. Dumais read MOM's script and marched to her orders. When she stated she was opposed to an amendment most of the other Democrats in the room blindly voted with her.

What if you got paid to oppose us.? This is what we will face in moco. And they will vote with the machine as well. The machine feeds them with perks. There is a entire industry of providing government jobs here. That's the deal.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm in MoCo as well but lots of people I've spoken to said that nothing will really stop anyone from obtaining a gun or committing a crime through this bill. Surprised that people told me that given the political climate of this county.

Mind you most people I talk to are in their 20's but many of them think that if they really want to get something that is banned, then they will get it. Black market, another state, whatever and that couldn't be more true.

I'll also do my best to vote dumbass out of office. Don't even want to speak.

Go for it, and hold their feet to the fire.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "MONTGOMERY COUNTY! LET MY PEOPLE GO!", Delegate McDermott, 4/2/2013

(it had to be said here)

Why don't we have 2 senators per county in MD? Is there any way to change that?

*** October 1, 2013: Day of Infringement ***

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    In one of my previous post I stated that we need true Statemen to run for office. Not someone who votes party lines, not someone who is swayed by money and not someone who is purely focused on 2A issues. Someone who votes on the basic principles of right vs wrong, good vs bad and what is best for the citizens of this state.

I'm a Democrat from Prince Georges County. I'm standing on principles and wouldn't be swayed by money. At the end of the day you got to be able to look in the mirror and also face God and say I did what was right. I vote for what I think is right and don't subscribe to party line voting. It disgusts me to see how they voted to represent my area....my 13 year old daughter could have voted better than my Senator and Delegates. They are obviously worried about all the favorable funding and efforts at the state level to help make things happen in PG county. Senator Peters is buddies with the Lt. Governor (their kids go to school together) so he stays well connect to the horsepower in Annapolis. I wouldn't be surprised to see the FBI come to MD because of the back room horse trading at the Federal and state level.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    You can't; she controls it and must "friend" you first. I tried. She only allows positive comments on it.

Has anyone tried posting pics of her on the FB page and then tagging her so they show up on her page? The pic of her and MOM sharing a couple bottles of wine in the office would look good. I think that it will also allow comments on her page....just a thought...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Your point that we are outnumbered by lemmings is well taken. The issue and problem is that lemmings vote. It's a heckuva lot easier to show up at the voting booth or order an absentee ballot and blindly mark "D" every two years than it is to do what the shooting community has done over the past couple of months and plans to do in 2014.

I cannot emphasize enough that the showing in Annapolis isn't a mirror image of the State as a whole. Yes, we can make an impact in some districts, and in court. In MoCo, however, and as an example, the libs are firmly in control.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    They're beyond something. There is so much PCness coming from these folks and the sheep that they brainwash it's not even funny.

Didn't think someone in Bethesda out of all the places would be in a board like this:D.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    The voters in MOCO will wake up (Like Pandora, I hear the little voice in the box-Hope) Between the 2A issues, massive tax increases, giving DL's and in state tuition to illegals, incumbents will face serious challenges and some will be voted out. Many voters may not be 2A friendly, but if they own a business that relies heavily on transportation, they may vote against those that support MOM and his gas taxes. Victims of crimes committed by illegals may vote against those who support giving state money/resources to them. Gun owning Dems who do not care about illegals or taxes may vote against those who supported the bills. Picking up a few hundred/thousand votes from these people (voting on the issues that they care about) may end up with some new faces in Annapolis. The new faces may not be 2A supporters, but I would love to "Nelson Muntz" a few State politicians after they are defeated

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I like this idea. Now I am about 40 min from pa. I am motivated. I am pissed. But can I really do this 100%. Can anyone? I will try, and it will cost me more in gas and time but I am pissed so I will do what I can.

Now will others? I think a total boycott is unlikely but we can make a dent ..maybe 10% decline in revenue. That is an Impact....

That my friend IS the million dollar (or gazillion in today market :D ) question. I'm not just talking, I will take EVERY opportunity I can muster to make these 'people' take notice.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The voters in MOCO will wake up (Like Pandora, I hear the little voice in the box-Hope) Between the 2A issues, massive tax increases, giving DL's and in state tuition to illegals, incumbents will face serious challenges and some will be voted out. Many voters may not be 2A friendly, but if they own a business that relies heavily on transportation, they may vote against those that support MOM and his gas taxes. Victims of crimes committed by illegals may vote against those who support giving state money/resources to them. Gun owning Dems who do not care about illegals or taxes may vote against those who supported the bills. Picking up a few hundred/thousand votes from these people (voting on the issues that they care about) may end up with some new faces in Annapolis. The new faces may not be 2A supporters, but I would love to "Nelson Muntz" a few State politicians after they are defeated

History suggests that people wake up only after a full blown crisis. I think
    The crisis is neigh, so perhaps you are right. In any case the crisis is neigh.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They're beyond something. There is so much PCness coming from these folks and the sheep that they brainwash it's not even funny.

Didn't think someone in Bethesda out of all the places would be in a board like this:D.

There's more than you think. The county and even Bethesda has a few thinking people. Most of them are MDS members.

:D

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

There's more than you think. The county and even Bethesda has a few thinking people. Most of them are MDS members.

:D

:)

There are several gun shops in MoCo, and even a few places to shoot. It is not as anti-gun as you think, or those would have folded long ago. Dumais may claim to be representing her constituants, but I am not convinced! Hopefully the recent extreme left political actions will swing some more votes down here!

I am headed to the Gym in Bethesda right now...and I for sure am not anti-gun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom