• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    At yesterday's Senate Appropriations Committee hearing, Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) questioned DHS Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas about assault weapons. Mayorkas is a professional hack who has never answered a yes or no question in his life. He's one of the most disingenuous politicians on the payroll.

I love Kennedy. It's too bad he doesn't run for President!

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    How about: "I am an elected US Senator, you are an appointed stooge. I speak for the people who elected me, who will be subject to the enforcement of your duties. As such, I tell you whether or not you have answered my question. You don't tell me anything, you ask. Because I speak for the people, which is absolutely a cornerstone of this country. So if I tell you that you are to take an exam, you take an exam. If I tell you to reiterate your professional views on an assault weapon ban again, you do that too. From this point forward, the only thing I want to hear from you during the time I have left is either your answer to my question....not colloquials, not stories about other countries....quantifiable answers, or silence as is your right under the fifth amendment. Either will be very illuminating."

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    11768-S000197214-1

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Two of these three are assault weapons. One is not....
    View attachment 408238

All of these are assault weapons....
    View attachment 408239
    So why is the AR15 not an assault weapon? I'm thinking you mean the AR-15 is not an assault weapon but at the same time the M1 Carbine is? Do you ascribe the meaning to if a firearm was officially used in a war or was issued to a professional or otherwise army and not if a firearm only has the same features?

I generally repeat the line that AR-15s aren't assault rifles because they don't have select fire. But that's because I'm biased in certain ways.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    So why is the AR15 not an assault weapon? I'm thinking you mean the AR-15 is not an assault weapon but at the same time the M1 Carbine is? Do you ascribe the meaning to if a firearm was officially used in a war or was issued to a professional or otherwise army and not if a firearm only has the same features?

I generally repeat the line that AR-15s aren't assault rifles because they don't have select fire. But that's because I'm biased in certain ways.
    I think its becuase one of those is harder to get a bayo on and off with maybe. Or the buttstock doesn't make good fireplace kindling in a pinch.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    An assault weapon is any weapon that touches me without my consent. I am usually highly consenting. Especially if anyone is offering to let me handle it, or it is my own weapon. I once bumped into a rifle in a way that I was not okay with. I think I'd call that an assault weapon. Unfortunately I did not have my rape whistle on me.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I think its becuase one of those is harder to get a bayo on and off with maybe. Or the buttstock doesn't make good fireplace kindling in a pinch.
    Maybe. The 1911 does have the wood grips. Hmm, no bayo lug though. I'm going to look at some of my firearms and see if I have any assault weapons or just plain weapons.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Maybe. The 1911 does have the wood grips. Hmm, no bayo lug though. I'm going to look at some of my firearms and see if I have any assault weapons or just plain weapons.
    Hmmm, everyone knows a pistol is a defensive weapon and not an assault weapon your entirely right.
    Maybe it was included only for the props?
    Anyway, heres some more assault weapons to help you make a distinction so you get it. One day I had to move some around out of the corner to help get them categorized and to get the broom back in there. I hate it when they get ll mixed up too so I took advantage of the opportunity to move these ones over with the others for my personal SNL supply log. Pistols are still group B hardware last time I checked. I dont know where the heck an odd ball odd ball rifle such as that one fits in.

Attachments

• AW pile.PNG
      AW pile.PNG
      364.8 KB · Views: 77

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Hmmm, everyone knows a pistol is a defensive weapon and not an assault weapon your entirely right.
    Maybe it was included only for the props?
    Anyway, heres some more assault weapons to help you make a distinction so you get it. One day I had to move some around out of the corner to help get them categorized and to get the broom back in there. I hate it when they get ll mixed up too so I took advantage of the opportunity to move these ones over with the others for my personal SNL supply log. Pistols are still group B hardware last time I checked. I dont know where the heck an odd ball odd ball rifle such as that one fits in.
    Dang. Looks like 200-300 push-ups.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I found an assault weapon. Maybe one might say ‘so called’ assault weapon. I reached into the bin of brianns advanced research projects.

F28C92F0-74D0-4384-B468-B5310ED5754B.jpeg

Note: Not a copy of an actual issue weapon (to my knowledge)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The classic definition of an assault rifle holds that the firearm must meet five specific criteria…

1) It must be a carbine;
    2) it must fire a medium power cartridge;
    3) it must fire from a locked breech;
    4) it must be fed by a detachable magazine,
    and
    5) it must be select-fire.

It doesn’t have to have a pistol grip…it doesn’t have to have a bayonet lug…it doesn’t have to have a polymer stock…it doesn’t have to have a collapsible or folding stock…it must meet the above five criteria.

Any rifle that fires high power ammunition such as 7.62x51, .30-06, .303 Brit, 7.62x54 or similar…are Main Battle Rifles such as the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, SMLE, 1891 Mosin-Nagant…bolt-action…Semi-automatic…select-fire…they’re not assault rifles.

No amount of legislation changes that definition…as much as antis want. To legislatively define these as assault rifles is like changing math to read 2+2=5 instead of four…but the law is the law even if wrong until it can be properly changed to reality and facts.

The pro-gun side should take at least some responsibility for the misuse of the term “assault rifle”…they’ve been promoted as such and referred to that way for years. It sounds hot and sexy to use the term…no matter how wrongly.

Sorry for the thread drift. Rant over.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    "You want to oppose assault weapons, but you don't know what they are?"
    "Do you know what a magazine is?"
    :clap:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Ah yes the 5 feature test. Talk about the wind out of you sails.
    I like forum-er Lazarus; definition, thats a pretty good one I think. Or the silver pistol with a Ka-bar lashed to it.
    Or maybe some thing that will shoot through a large tree or an auto without a grunt could be assualty.
    Doesn't matter too much I guess in the end for what it is.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    An assault weapon is any weapon that touches me without my consent. I am usually highly consenting. Especially if anyone is offering to let me handle it, or it is my own weapon. I once bumped into a rifle in a way that I was not okay with. I think I'd call that an assault weapon. Unfortunately I did not have my rape whistle on me.
    Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom