• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Damn, skinning from the sides separate from the belly is interesting. Last one I did was a sharpened Fiskars X15 camp axe for the legs and head with a sharp 6" boning knife, and it went well, although took a lot longer, mostly skinning around from the belly, never had a skin pull off anywhere near that easy, that saw frickin rocked.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Get a work sharp and every knife, axe, cleaver, shovel, piece of metal you have can be that sharp.

They are really incredible sharpeners.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Basket ball nipple for a blow nossle and a air compressor does wonders!

I saw something like that on Dirty Jobs where they used an air compressor and nozzle on a cow they were skinning out. It was pretty damn cool!!!!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    It must have been a fresh kill -
    I confess I thought it easier to skin a cold deer,
    but is easier on a warm kill...
    You pull down much easier.
    Granted, this year we had 4 small deer.
    Good Video - count your fingers...
    keep doing this and you won't have as many .........

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I saw something like that on Dirty Jobs where they used an air compressor and nozzle on a cow they were skinning out. It was pretty damn cool!!!!

yeah when i was a teenager, I worked at somer seat farm helping with the sheep and goats. thats how we did them, skin dman near falls off when you pull on it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Any of you guys skinning deer with rope and a round rock (or golf ball) and a pickup truck? Check out You Tube if you haven't seen that done before. Quicker and easier on a warm deer than a cold one, but it works either way. Have done many like that. Neat and clean.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Get a work sharp and every knife, axe, cleaver, shovel, piece of metal you have can be that sharp.

They are really incredible sharpeners.

^^^THIS^^^

I too am now a convex Work Sharp edge convert... I've resharpened everything from my nicest Benchmade's and homeland made Balisong's, to the cheapest of CTD $5 machete's to shaving sharpness!

btw - I hear this guy played the alien dude in Predator... Look real close and you'll see his invisible blood flying around. :lol2: In his next vid, he just does that rip the head and spine trick with an Elk.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    ^^^THIS^^^

I too am now a convex Work Sharp edge convert... I've resharpened everything from my nicest Benchmade's and homeland made Balisong's, to the cheapest of CTD $5 machete's to shaving sharpness!

btw - I hear this guy played the alien dude in Predator... Look real close and you'll see his invisible blood flying around. :lol2: In his next vid, he just does that rip the head and spine trick with an Elk.

Any recommendation for model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom