• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It is an option, if only because it created a circuit conflict in the applicable standard of review. But it is *much* less of an option because it is a mere remand, and thus not a conflict in the actual holdings. Frosh has a *big* problem.

That give me a BIG grin. :D

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Hello Mr Frosh. I'm quite sure you of a bunch or your lickers are among the 106 guests currently reading/monitoring/crying over this post. Since I am apparently banned from the ability to post on your FB page, I'll say it here - You lose, suck it up and admit your unconstitutional fiasco is falling apart at the seams and it couldn't happen to a bigger jerk.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    For those interested in looking for a meaningful statement to express to their delegates in regards to current and future MD firearm legislation, I present this quote from the opinion. (pg. 45 of 90)

Our distinguished dissenting colleague asserts that we have imprudently and unnecessarily broken with our sister courts of appeal and infers that we will bear some responsibility for future mass shootings. In our view, inferences of this nature have no place in judicial opinions and we will not respond beyond noting this. The meaning of the Constitution does not depend on a popular vote of the circuits and it is neither improper nor imprudent for us to disagree with the other circuits addressing this issue. We are not a rubber stamp. We require strict scrutiny here not because it aligns with our personal policy preferences but because we believe it is compelled by the law set out in Heller and Chester.

:D

:thumbsup:

We should all send a copy of that quote to Frosh:innocent0

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    :thumbsup:

We should all send a copy of that quote to Frosh:innocent0
    You beat me to it - you posted that I as I was composing this:

What I find to be interesting here is that Frosh used a cherry-picked quote from Heller as a means to sell FSA2013, not that he needed that much help. He said something to the effect of, "...even the Heller decision states that reasonable restrictions on firearms are allowed..."

And yet here we are with this quote:

We require strict scrutiny here not because it aligns with our personal policy preferences but because we believe it is compelled by the law set out in Heller and Chester.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Short version is that they said it is reasonable for it to be easier for retired law enforcement officers to purchase a weapon than a common citizen (IIRC this goes to the HQL requirement waiver) because they have more experience and are more likely to act in the public good, etc.

thanks. I have always felt that equal protection would be a great way to deal with may issue vs shall issue

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    How do you cite this opinion? I never know how to blue book stuff that just has come out.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That is because 2A in MD linked this page on facebook. It should maybe go to WC so not everyone can see the comments.
    Agreed, not that it's going to matter much in the courts, but it could give the media some bytes here and there that could paint us in an unfavorable light.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Woo Hoo! This made my day! After all the biased doom and gloom decisions by the courts of the past few years, it is awesome to have one that has ruled on the law using the apparent meaning of the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom