• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's crappy that he has to run against Arikan, especially since there used to be room for both. He is definitely 2A solid, but seems to have had some personal issues and has sometimes had difficulty showing up to vote. Between the two...for us, it should be no comparison.
    He doesn't have to run against her, he could have stayed put and run against Szeliga, et al but I'm sure he thinks that a one term Delegate would be easier to pick off.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    He doesn't have to run against her, he could have stayed put and run against Szeliga, et al but I'm sure he thinks that a one term Delegate would be easier to pick off.
    Did he move that recently? When I was in District 7 (before it was just broken up), I'm pretty sure there were enough seats for him, Lauren...and I think Szeliga? I think Szeliga is safe in whichever she's in now (7A or 7B), but there's only room for 1 in Lauren's half. I could be mistaken. :o

This new gerrymandering is hard to figure out...and I moved into a little sliver of what is now 35A (which, last year, was 35B) that juts into what is now 35B...I think. And, I'm now about twice as far away from my parents as I was, but now we are somehow in the same district (we weren't before). :shrug:

Anyway...tl/dr, Lauren Arikan! :mdpatriot

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did he move that recently? When I was in District 7 (before it was just broken up), I'm pretty sure there were enough seats for him, Lauren...and I think Szeliga? I think Szeliga is safe in whichever she's in now (7A or 7B), but there's only room for 1 in Lauren's half. I could be mistaken. :o

This new gerrymandering is hard to figure out...and I moved into a little sliver of what is now 35A (which, last year, was 35B) that juts into what is now 35B...I think. And, I'm now about twice as far away from my parents as I was, but now we are somehow in the same district (we weren't before). :shrug:

Yes, there used to be three seats in that district but because of redistricting there are now two. He "moved" to Arikan's district to run there.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018

Regarding gerrymandering, I was appalled that the state Court of Appeals didn't overturn the State Legislative maps passed by the General Assembly! I would like to know if there's action we could take in the future to stop this from happening again. I don't care if it meant delaying the primary election until September or whenever! Election integrity is more important!

As far as Arikan v. Impallaria et al, whenever there is a situation where we've got allies challenging each other, I'll stay out of it unless one of those individuals has truly earned the disrespect of the people.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I'm thinking Dan Cox. Schulz is a rhino ****
    Do as you wish. For better or worse, I pointed out the advantages and drawbacks of each and suggested voting each one's conscience. I look at things from a pragmatic point of view as well as a principled one.

It's a shame that the GOP still likes to backbite and hasn't learned their lessons from the 1990s! If Cox wins the primary, patriots are going to have to REALLY get involved by promoting the vote as best they can. They must become poll judges. They must launch an all-out effort to get out the vote and leave NO stone unturned that they do ALL that is necessary to see to it that they get out the vote in EVERY corner of the State. It will be imperative that the Cox campaign get the vote out in urban and suburban areas. Hogan was able to do that. With Cox's connections to Trump and with his ultra-conservative view of the Constitution, I'm skeptical. PROVE ME WRONG!

Reaper_556

Jul 19, 2022
    USA
    Thank you for writing this. It is appalling how hard it is to get any information on candidate positions much less voting strategy. One would think the GOP would dedicate a website for this sort of thing including local races like the school board, commisioners etc. Any links would be appreciated. District 29 S.Calvert here.
    The NRA compiles a voting scorecard. Here is the link...

Reaper_556

Jul 19, 2022
    USA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-105650_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220719-105650_Chrome.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 50
    • Screenshot_20220719-105955_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220719-105955_Chrome.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 50

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    The NRA compiles a voting scorecard. Here is the link...

While that was one of my 'go to' sources for my analysis, I didn't rely solely on it as I find the NRA's grading system as a source that must be taken with a grain of salt. Their ratings are inconsistent at times. In this last analysis, they failed to rate many candidates for state office as well as ALL Congressional candidates! I find that a bit disappointing.

Another thing that I tried to do was comment on how urgent it was to be involved and in which district/s it mattered the most. That is why I included such issues in my commentaries.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD

-I like George Davis personally.
    -Chaffee has a beautiful 70s style head of hair...but has a history of losing
    -Thormann has the best chance in a General, but 2A isn't even in his top list of concerns on his campaign site
    -Nnabu Eze is a wolf in sheep's clothing, today he is suddenly 2A friendly, but last campaign cycle he was for banning high capacity magazines, "assault" rifles and for more background checks. Pretty go in the wind kind of guy.
    -Perez would have appeal with the growing Latino & SE Asian population, but he isn't the right one I think

The rest I know nothing about

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    -I like George Davis personally.
    -Chaffee has a beautiful 70s style head of hair...but has a history of losing
    -Thormann has the best chance in a General, but 2A isn't even in his top list of concerns on his campaign site
    -Nnabu Eze is a wolf in sheep's clothing, today he is suddenly 2A friendly, but last campaign cycle he was for banning high capacity magazines, "assault" rifles and for more background checks. Pretty go in the wind kind of guy.
    -Perez would have appeal with the growing Latino & SE Asian population, but he isn't the right one I think

The rest I know nothing about
    Coming up wiht information was a bit difficult with this endeavor. Again, I went with the best information I had available to me. I would LOVE to see someone knock off Chris VanHollen, but I see it as highly unlikely.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    He's a pinko, of course The Sun loves him.
    The Sun "liking" him is a red flag,,
    But his stance on issues seams pretty solid (for a MD republican)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom