Decent indoor range near Greenbelt for instruction/rentals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Got a LOT of new people joining 12th Precinct in Harwood this year.
    Which is great if you have your own equipment.
    For newbies, Cindy's is very good. Lots of rentals, classes, Firearms and kit for sale...etc

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Got a LOT of new people joining 12th Precinct in Harwood this year.
    Which is great if you have your own equipment.
    For newbies, Cindy's is very good. Lots of rentals, classes, Firearms and kit for sale...etc
    Thanks for posting. Didn't know about that range. Have family on Polling House Road and nobody knew there was a range close by.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Alright,
    So one of my coworkers came up to me today expressing that she needs to get a gun. 60+, single mom, kids out of the house. Knows NOTHING about guns, SUPER Lib, and very worried about the "things are going". So, I tried to explain some basics to her, HQL process etc. I recommended that she check out an indoor range in her area and take some classes, and that she might opt for a PCC instead of a handgun. Now, I'm down in S. PG so I don't know what's really in her area (Greenbelt). Thoughts?
    Another option if she's willing to consider a private club, is IWLA Damascus. Reasonable dues, good people, and a good number of women shooters there. Me and my wife are members there, it's about 40 minutes from "Nutbelt" as the wife calls it, and they regularly have "Girls and Guns" days there, along with other regular training activities there that are great for new shooters. Of all the clubs we've been members of, living in Greeneblt ourselves, we've been the happiest of all of them here, and it's no further from any of the others - I think it's actually easier to get to especially on the weekends noth fighting the parkway to severn or the beltway they other way. Good luck on the search..

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks for all the replies. I forwarded info for Cindy's and Izaak Walton. We'll see if anything becomes of it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If I were in Greenbelt, I'd be using Berwyn, even in bad weather. They're not cheap, but they have good ranges and they were practically always empty. Also one of the few places you could freely shoot a machinegun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom