Decent indoor range near Greenbelt for instruction/rentals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Alright,
    So one of my coworkers came up to me today expressing that she needs to get a gun. 60+, single mom, kids out of the house. Knows NOTHING about guns, SUPER Lib, and very worried about the "things are going". So, I tried to explain some basics to her, HQL process etc. I recommended that she check out an indoor range in her area and take some classes, and that she might opt for a PCC instead of a handgun. Now, I'm down in S. PG so I don't know what's really in her area (Greenbelt). Thoughts?

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Nothing in the Greenbelt area. Probably the closest would be Maryland Small Arms in Upper Marlboro or Cindy's Hot Shots in Severn.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah I was kinda thinking MSAR. Never really cared for it, but beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    Alright,
    So one of my coworkers came up to me today expressing that she needs to get a gun. 60+, single mom, kids out of the house. Knows NOTHING about guns, SUPER Lib, and very worried about the "things are going". So, I tried to explain some basics to her, HQL process etc. I recommended that she check out an indoor range in her area and take some classes, and that she might opt for a PCC instead of a handgun. Now, I'm down in S. PG so I don't know what's really in her area (Greenbelt). Thoughts?
    She doesn't need a HQL... tell her to get a double barrel shotgun... lol

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ...SUPER Lib, and very worried about the "things are going"...
    Pretty ironic. Did you point out to her that her voting habits are what causes "Things" to go a certain way.
    Doesn't she realize she can just call 911?

Anyhow, good on you for trying to help her now that she is starting to see the light

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Alright,

****Others have already given their suggestions on ranges, but I kind of wonder if your coworker maybe ever wonders why "things are going" the way they are? Defunding of the police, shutting down vice or squads that were working to reduce car jackings, catalytic convertor thefts, etc.. and other typical soft on crime - overhwhelmingly Democrat side soft on crime politicians, and district attorneys, judges and others in that segment of the judicial system that allow outright criminals to either get reduced sentences or probation, or reduced sentences vs just throwing say the worst offenders in jail for the duration of a hopefully long sentence... etc..

I teach the W&C class in MoCo Maryland and no question I have taught some scared liberals concerned about the dramatic increases in violent crimes in that area that were all for "call the police if there's trouble - no private citizen needs a gun" - to watching the cops get either beaten back, or be hamstrung by what they can and cannot do to keep order and enforce laws already on the books.

Nothing scares those against guns more than watching neighborhoods and cities, businesses, etc.. burnt down and looted while the cops are basically told to let them have some space to vent and basically destroy an area...

My best guess is she will blindly vote for the same people that got us where we are now - even after she gets her gun.

peaceful protest.jpeg
    balt3.jpg
    Police car.jpg

meme-virtue-signaling-wont-save-you.png

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Pretty ironic. Did you point out to her that her voting habits are what causes "Things" to go a certain way.
    Doesn't she realize she can just call 911?

Anyhow, good on you for trying to help her now that she is starting to see the light

Oh, I absolutely pointed all that out. I explained the BS about HQL, HBAR nonsense, standard cap mags, AK rifle vs pistol, etc.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Cindy's, at the old On Target location, is not a place you want to go at night either. Daytime, I would say it is ok.
    Yeah, I remember when it was On Target. Not a great area 20+ years ago. I would imagine it hasn't changed for the better.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yeah, I remember when it was On Target. Not a great area 20+ years ago. I would imagine it hasn't changed for the better.
    Worse now. Haven't been to it since buyout but the crappy area got crappier in the last decade.

And indoor ranges suck. They are unpleasantly loud and tend to attract the worst examples of gun handling I have seen.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    No reason if she’s serious about learning it has to be close to where she might live.

She might need a good realtor, unless she’s stuck by circumstances.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Oof. I would not recommend anyone new ever go to MSAR. They at least used to make you read the rules before renting a lane. Now, it seems like there's 0 oversight and 0 rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom