• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    He likes Piston ARs and Miltec too.

I read an interesting article where he was interviewed about the Hk45. I didn't realize that he was the driving force behind its design. They essentially took the USP45, dehorned it, and combine it with the grip dimensions of the Hk P2000 and mag.

I would love to own one but they are really hard to find right now.

This video of Larry kind of reminds me of when Garth chunked up, or fat Elvis. ;)

He's still definitely a recognized badass.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After shooting with their NMII pack, I'd rather have a standard GI trigger. Wasn't very impressive IMO.

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Not sure, but it comes with a heavy overpriced rail! :)

Agreed. I have one of their rails and it seems to have a lot of deflection which cant be good for accuracy when using rail mounted BUIS.

63868e0c.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yes. Machined out of iron, they run about 23k or free float, 15k for 2 piece. They also increase the rate of fire and velocity of the round.

:lol: :lol2:

They're still lighter than UTG rails any day of the week..., I had to start somewhere... :o

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Actually, my Omega X rail isn't heavy at all; I just don't care for the way the stupid set screws work... stupid a$$ design...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Actually, my Omega X rail isn't heavy at all; I just don't care for the way the stupid set screws tighten it to the barrel nut.

The carbine length Omega on my D.I. gun was actually pretty light, but I do agree completely on the set-screws, they're a PITA.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I am a BIG fan of DD's products but I think this video is more of a testament to the AR in general; a continuous fire torture test showing how a DD carbine out performs a Bushy, Colt, etc would better demonstrate the merits of their product line. Additionally, a technical follow up with a detailed comparison between other brands highlighting DD's superior part quality, fit and finish would have been more interesting.

It looks like Larry needs to lay off the donuts. ;)

True. Half of this test was an ad for Aimpoint optics, which are awesome IMO. The other half, I agree. Any properly built AR from a reputable company (Colt, BCM, Noveske, LaRue Tactical, etc) would do the same. Other company's rails aren't made of papier mache... if you look into the materials and production methods they should be the same across the board for top tier products. You don't have to spend serious coin to get good rifles anymore. The top tier guns without sights/rails are not much more than the DPMSes and Bushmasters that were so popular for years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom