• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I saw that a few months ago on his show. Pretty impressive. I know due to political correctness, they couldn't do a true torture test and put it in a daycare full of 3-5 year olds, cause they surely would have destroyed it. Larry woulda been like "How the hell did they bend a hammer forged barrel into a pretzel??!!"

Blue Falcon

Oct 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    I bought my first DD complete rifle after watching that vid. I owned their rail systems before but I figured owning one of their rifles would be a great idea. There new M4 rail is being put on the new DD rifles which mounts like their Lite Rails. I might have to pick up another.

Last edited:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I am a BIG fan of DD's products but I think this video is more of a testament to the AR in general; a continuous fire torture test showing how a DD carbine out performs a Bushy, Colt, etc would better demonstrate the merits of their product line. Additionally, a technical follow up with a detailed comparison between other brands highlighting DD's superior part quality, fit and finish would have been more interesting.

It looks like Larry needs to lay off the donuts. ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am a BIG fan of DD's products but I think this video is more of a testament to the AR in general; a continuous fire torture test showing how a DD carbine out performs a Bushy, Colt, etc would better demonstrate the merits of their product line. Additionally, a technical follow up with a detailed comparison between other brands highlighting DD's superior part quality, fit and finish would have been more interesting.

It looks like Larry needs to lay off the donuts. ;)

LAV has lost ALOT of weight recently. Personally I think hes earned the right to pack it on. Frmr Delta means hes a certified badass for life.

I like DD Rifles. Always good quality.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    I didn't understand the "real world" testing with the barrel taped up. I doubt the people in the desert have theirs taped up. Still, it was pretty cool to see that a AR can be beat up and still function fine. I've always read that AR's are too sensitive and only AK's can handle being treated rough.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I didn't understand the "real world" testing with the barrel taped up. I doubt the people in the desert have theirs taped up. Still, it was pretty cool to see that a AR can be beat up and still function fine. I've always read that AR's are too sensitive and only AK's can handle being treated rough.

You have to tape any weapons muzzle if its getting buried, or exposed to dirt and mud. A modern centerfire rifle can blow up with even a slight bit of debris in the barrel.

I have stubs of rifles and shotguns that blew up from snow in the barrel.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    I understand why it was done. I just thought it would be better to show what to do if some dirt or water did get in there. So what are you to do? Does the weapon need to be taken apart? In the Navy commercials that show the Seal popping his head out of the water with his weapon shouldered. Is that fake?

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    After watching the video, it made me want a DD and an Aimpoint. Thats what I have now. I know its good marketing, it worked for me. I was impressed that the guys doing the testing were suprised it held up, especially the aimpoint.

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    After viewing this video a few months back I went to GC and bought one on the spot. The gun is truly badass, I really love it! Most likely on the top of my list of most fun to shoot.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I understand why it was done. I just thought it would be better to show what to do if some dirt or water did get in there. So what are you to do? Does the weapon need to be taken apart? In the Navy commercials that show the Seal popping his head out of the water with his weapon shouldered. Is that fake?

As long as you allow the rifle to drain for a few seconds, it should be fine to fire. Water will drain, dirt will not.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

You have to clear the obstruction before shooting. Full breakdown isnt necessarty, jist jab the obstruction so air can pass.

Thats why a cleaning rod should always be on a seriois use weapon. 1, to clear bore obstructions and 2, to clear stick casings in the chamber.

The SEALs wait till the gas system and bore are drained. If you dont the weapon will blow up. Guaranteed. They are trained to deal with this.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    You have to clear the obstruction before shooting. Full breakdown isnt necessarty, jist jab the obstruction so air can pass.

Thats why a cleaning rod should always be on a seriois use weapon. 1, to clear bore obstructions and 2, to clear stick casings in the chamber.

The SEALs wait till the gas system and bore are drained. If you dont the weapon will blow up. Guaranteed. They are trained to deal with this.

Not to argue but I thought on an AR only the gas tube needed to be dry? And the barrel notsomuch? As in if it wasn't flooded then you should be good to go.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn, that'd make a hell of a promo.

Vicker's is ok in my book, he's a lefty. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member