• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    UTG= Airsoft haha. I'm sure DD are good, I'm not a smith. I personally see ZERO advantages to justify the 300+ price tag.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    UTG wasn't my best choice, but I was young and not so well informed. The price and the set-screws are what got to me with DD, I just had to have the uninterrupted rail though.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    UTG wasn't my best choice, but I was young and not so well informed. The price and the set-screws are what got to me with DD, I just had to have the uninterrupted rail though.

I might or might now have two UTG rails sitting in my basement....I've since upgraded

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I used them for practice paint jobs. Didn't mind boogering them up. I still have them. At least one I think. Can't remember.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    This video is what sold me on basing my build on DD and buying an Aimpoint...solid construction that can take a beating! I abuse my gear, so I knew I'd need something that would hold up.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No.... please don't tell me that. He's an APG member... and helped design the HK45 with Ken Hackathorn... is it true? lol

It used to be on his website about his preference for Miltec. The Piston thing came about when he was assisting HK witht the. 45, they had recently released the 416 and he was pushing the platform. This was before he went to DD.

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    WARPIG [USMC];1707180 said:
    This video is what sold me on basing my build on DD and buying an Aimpoint...solid construction that can take a beating! I abuse my gear, so I knew I'd need something that would hold up.

No kidding...I was ready to buy an AimPoint when the blast from the test explosion broke the glass and he could still see the red dot and it was holding zero at 50 yds :shocked3:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It used to be on his website about his preference for Miltec. The Piston thing came about when he was assisting HK witht the. 45, they had recently released the 416 and he was pushing the platform. This was before he went to DD.

So at the end of the day he's just a pitchman. *sigh* oh well.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Even though he's the hype man for DD, he's not gonna tell you that it's a better weapon than the 416. Maybe for a general issue weapon, but not for those "special" people. He understands the strengths and weaknesses of both.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So at the end of the day he's just a pitchman. *sigh* oh well.

I would not personally come to that decision. Even though hes a paid rep for these companies I believe him to be an honest man who simply stands behind solid products/manufacturers. While I strongly disagree with his AR Piston Philsophies, and his once public recomendation for Miltec (Now recanted on his Website), I will continue to give him the benefit of a doubt. He used to use Miltec as a "Wet" application, not "Dry" as Marketed. Perhaps he has changed his tune.

As you can see the "Weapons Lube" is under reconstruction:

http://vickerstactical.com/tactical-tips/weapon-lubrication/

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I would not personally come to that decision. Even though hes a paid rep for these companies I believe him to be an honest man who simply stands behind solid products/manufacturers. While I strongly disagree with his AR Piston Philsophies, and his once public recomendation for Miltec (Now recanted on his Website), I will continue to give him the benefit of a doubt. He used to use Miltec as a "Wet" application, not "Dry" as Marketed. Perhaps he has changed his tune.

As you can see the "Weapons Lube" is under reconstruction:

http://vickerstactical.com/tactical-tips/weapon-lubrication/

Ok, that's good to know. I mean I know he's been involved in some cool projects... And becoming an APG gunsmith is a big deal so I still respect him. I just don't know much about his history. I know people in the firearms industry tend to bounce around from place to place, which is not necessarily a mark against their character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom