• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Litigation, peaceful "art shows", and heart-felt emails have not, and will not change the minds of our elected officials. The 13th Amendment was passed in 1865. Fast forward 83 years and there is still no substance to the term "All men are created equal." When the civil rights movement started, Truman signed an EO on July 26 1948. This was the first legislation that got the ball rolling for equality. Fast forward 65 years and the litigation for equal rights is still on going. Things aren't settled. Why should we think the infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights will be any different? It took people that stood up and caused scenes in public like Rosa Parks, James Meredith, and MLK. There were many occasions that the National Guard and Federal Troops were dispatched to maintain public order. So I ask you, how far are you willing to take this? What sacrifices will you make? Is the 13th Amendment more important than the 2nd? I'm sick of trying to have a rational conversation with neighbors, politicians, co-workers and the community. People don't want to listen. It's time for action.

Violence should never be the answer and that's no what I'm promoting, but why are we so scared to ruffle some feathers at an "anti-gun" event? If this makes us look bad, why do we care? Do you think the heroes during the civil rights movement cared about what the media thought of them? They stood up for their God given right, and so should we. I'll see you Sunday Andy.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    You guys need to cool your jets and use your heads. We aren't going to make further progress if we start engaging stupid stunts like this.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    We were attacked, yes, but we aren't now. You can't shoot someone in the back as they're running away and call it "self-defense." They've made their attack and got away with their plunder. Let them have their victory for now. We are still here and we won't forget.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    We were attacked, yes, but we aren't now. You can't shoot someone in the back as they're running away and call it "self-defense." They've made their attack and got away with their plunder. Let them have their victory for now. We are still here and we won't forget.

I respect your opinion and no doubt people will disagree with me, but here is my opinion. We are under constant attack, they will not stop until the 2A is stripped from our Constitution. I will never let them have their victory.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Yes we are at war, but you need public support and you don't get that by bombing civilians.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Yes we are at war, but you need public support and you don't get that by bombing civilians.

??? What are you talking about? I'm talking about going to an anti-gun event and being present for people to talk to if they're interested or have questions about our side of the argument. Please don't put words in my mouth, especially words like those.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Obviously none of us can stop anyone from going, but seeing as all of our rights are on the line, I think you owe it to us to make sure we police our own and don't let anyone do anything stupid. If you want to show up with a pro-2A t-shirt and stand around quietly and eat their food then fine, but you better be ready to promise us that's all you're going to do. Others have suggested filming the entire event, an idea that I support if anyone is willing to do it.

We all need to be of one mind and one accord. United we stand, divided we fall.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    You guys know this is also a Jewish holiday.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it sure is. Lag BaOmer is a Jewish holiday that commemorates, among other things, the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire. During that little skirmish, the vastly outnumbered Jews held off six full Roman legions for almost three years, and I'm pretty they didn't do it with plowshares. If the organizers of this event were paying any respect to the actual significance of the holiday, they would have invited Andy to speak instead of Raskin.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    ??? What are you talking about? I'm talking about going to an anti-gun event and being present for people to talk to if they're interested or have questions about our side of the argument. Please don't put words in my mouth, especially words like those.

Obviously none of us can stop anyone from going, but seeing as all of our rights are on the line, I think you owe it to us to make sure we police our own and don't let anyone do anything stupid. If you want to show up with a pro-2A t-shirt and stand around quietly and eat their food then fine, but you better be ready to promise us that's all you're going to do. Others have suggested filming the entire event, an idea that I support if anyone is willing to do it.

That makes sense.

The event is an exhibition of Jewish artists, being held on a Jewish religious holiday.

Doing anything stupid is going to seen as collateral damage to those young jewish artists trying to show their art on a Jewish religious holiday.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

Couldn't agree more. The reason why I'm so in favor of going is because I feel like we can't afford to miss any opportunity we have to make ourselves known and heard. I'll be filming as well and will share any footage worth sharing.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The problem is the Jewish world view on guns and gun control is soo deeply engrained, it's not going to crack easily.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Good comment, but one little flaw...

There is always some level of an attack being waged. Always some little "I'm not touching you!" thing they are doing to goad us into a misstep.

We must be confident in our resolve to see this through, and ever aware that "they" will pounce on the tiniest thing to point out to the softskulls, and paint us as the nuts and the radicals.

It's often not the one who starts the fight that is punished... it's the one who gets caught hitting back. If we can set them up to throw both the first AND the second punches, while we are the doe-eyed innocents smartly protecting our own, we'll be fine.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Violence should never be the answer and that's no what I'm promoting, but why are we so scared to ruffle some feathers at an "anti-gun" event? If this makes us look bad, why do we care? Do you think the heroes during the civil rights movement cared about what the media thought of them? They stood up for their God given right, and so should we. I'll see you Sunday Andy.

YES! they ABSOLUTELY did. That is why the black panther movement was abandoned and the peaceful protest method was chosen as the primary driver of civil rights. By creating situations in which they were clearly shown to be a victim, they created empathy in the public. This empathy started the snowball rolling to enact change.

The most successful peaceful action resulted in litigation.

This is how we win.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Good comment, but one little flaw...

There is always some level of an attack being waged. Always some little "I'm not touching you!" thing they are doing to goad us into a misstep.

We must be confident in our resolve to see this through, and ever aware that "they" will pounce on the tiniest thing to point out to the softskulls, and paint us as the nuts and the radicals.

It's often not the one who starts the fight that is punished... it's the one who gets caught hitting back. If we can set them up to throw both the first AND the second punches, while we are the doe-eyed innocents smartly protecting our own, we'll be fine.

Good point; the bolded part is very similar to the point I was trying to make. But you're right, they are engaging in passive-aggressive warfare haha

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    YES! they ABSOLUTELY did. That is why the black panther movement was abandoned and the peaceful protest method was chosen as the primary driver of civil rights. By creating situations in which they were clearly shown to be a victim, they created empathy in the public. This empathy started the snowball rolling to enact change.

This is how we win.

So how do we create a situation where we get robbed at gunpoint and/or shot? Also, do we wait until the police/gov start kicking in doors to confiscate guns?

Unfortunately, many civil rights had to be earned and fought for.

Fortunately, the Second Amendment PROTECTS a sacred right given to us by our creator. We can't wait until we lose it completely and then try to get it back....

We need to think less like people of the Women's Suffrage and Black Rights supporters. It's time we take a "No step back!" approach. No compromise was made in the U.S. Senate, and all the anti-gun bills were defeated (to my knowledge) this time around.

It's been beaten to death but we have not been doing things effectively. We had a huge turnout 2/6. A decent turnout 3/1. Practically no turnout the day they voted on amendments to SB281 in the House (not sure of the date, but I was there). It should have been the other way around.

I've spoken to Andy a lot about this CEASEFIRE concert thing... we're not going to piss in the punch bowl or confront anyone. We're going to just "show up" and remind them that we're watching, and that we're not done. It's easy for many people to sit back and watch patiently and play nice. I bet most of these people are older, have decent collections of guns, and past that don't have much skin in the game.

Some of us are in our 20s and 30s, working in the field, and see this as a direct threat to our career. Not only that, but a direct threat to Liberty itself. I'm not going to be like the Britons walking down the street with arms full of my weapons to turn them in... And I want people that believe they can take them in a "death by a thousand cuts" way to realize that at least some of the gun owners don't back down. We don't have to be violent or even confrontational... but showing that we are vigilant and have strong RESOLVE may shake them a little. We're expected to show up in Annapolis or Town Halls.

We're not expected to show up at their little victory get-together/fundraiser. If it wasn't a fundraiser with Raskin as the distinguished guest, we probably wouldn't give a sh!t. But it is, and he'll be there. Time to make a statement.

DON'T TREAD ON ME.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

This is how we win.

Yes, exactly. Peaceful protests in places they weren't welcome.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    So how do we create a situation where we get robbed at gunpoint and/or shot? Also, do we wait until the police/gov start kicking in doors to confiscate guns?

Unfortunately, many civil rights had to be earned and fought for.

Fortunately, the Second Amendment PROTECTS a sacred right given to us by our creator. We can't wait until we lose it completely and then try to get it back....

We need to think less like people of the Women's Suffrage and Black Rights supporters. It's time we take a "No step back!" approach. No compromise was made in the U.S. Senate, and all the anti-gun bills were defeated (to my knowledge) this time around.

It's been beaten to death but we have not been doing things effectively. We had a huge turnout 2/6. A decent turnout 3/1. Practically no turnout the day they voted on amendments to SB281 in the House (not sure of the date, but I was there). It should have been the other way around.

I've spoken to Andy a lot about this CEASEFIRE concert thing... we're not going to piss in the punch bowl or confront anyone. We're going to just "show up" and remind them that we're watching, and that we're not done. It's easy for many people to sit back and watch patiently and play nice. I bet most of these people are older, have decent collections of guns, and past that don't have much skin in the game.

Some of us are in our 20s and 30s, working in the field, and see this as a direct threat to our career. Not only that, but a direct threat to Liberty itself. I'm not going to be like the Britons walking down the street with arms full of my weapons to turn them in... And I want people that believe they can take them in a "death by a thousand cuts" way to realize that at least some of the gun owners don't back down. We don't have to be violent or even confrontational... but showing that we are vigilant and have strong RESOLVE may shake them a little. We're expected to show up in Annapolis or Town Halls.

We're not expected to show up at their little victory get-together/fundraiser. If it wasn't a fundraiser with Raskin as the distinguished guest, we probably wouldn't give a sh!t. But it is, and he'll be there. Time to make a statement.

DON'T TREAD ON ME.

:party29::party29::party29:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We need to find people who used guns to defend themselves to tell their story, and to find pro-2a people who didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom