• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mouzzer

Nov 10, 2012
    Calvert
    Sorry about the delay in updated pics, hope these help distinguish the color!

ARFront_Side.jpg

ARSerial.jpg

ARSerial_Side.jpg

photo.jpg

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=929

That is the link to there 'Shake n' Spray' kit. I've used that and bought just the duracoat paint and reducer separate as well. If you are only planning on doing 1 gun I would definitely suggest you go that route. The sprayer that comes in that kit is very good. Duracoat sprays incredibly even and smooth as well. So long as you do your prep right it is damn near impossible to mess up. They also have EVERY color or pattern combination you could imagine. Hell, there are four or five FDE's alone (Magpul FDE, Daniel Defense FDE, Leupold FDE, Grey FDE etc.)

Bookmarked. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mouzzer

Nov 10, 2012
    Calvert
    No problem. I strongly request that anyone else who does any duracoat work on any of there firearms please post pictures and the color information. Im already working on a couple other builds and the hardest part is trying to find images of the paint already on a firearm. It would be great to have a consolidated reference thread for future projects.

mouzzer

Nov 10, 2012
    Calvert
    I taped off the bolt face area in the upper but no tape on the lower. I did four coats (a little heavy to be honest) and everything was fine. Tolerances of the take down pins grew a little tighter but not to bad. In the future ill probably do 3 coats and a little more taping.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Love the color, did you use the shake and spray kit, or did you use your own sprayer. Also, did you use the SL (self-lubricating) variant or the standard? Thanks!

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I use shake and spray, self lubricating

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I saw the sheen on yours and wanted that. The SL variant said it had a higher sheen to it, so I thought I'd ask. Hope you don't mind yet another guy copying your color scheme. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom