• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Has anyone actually received an approved Form 1 for the Scorpion Evo SBR?

The reason I ask is because back sometime around 2013, right after the new laws were passed, I tried to SBR a D-Technik Skorpion Vz. 61, and it was denied by the ATF. Not because of an OAL issue, but because they incorrectly referenced the "assault pistol" list and deemed it a copy of the enumerated "Skorpion semiautomatic pistol". I'm fully aware they're totally different firearms, however the question is how dumb is the ATF in interpreting the law incorrectly.

I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem of late with the new Scorpion Evo?

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Form 1 trust --->11/20/15

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpg
      IMG_1729.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 1,193

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Same here and I just got an email saying Form 1 approved (submitted via e-file 12/6/15).

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Perhaps someone else can confirm. IF my calculations and measurements are correct, a stock EVO3 with compensator removed, with the CZ to AR buffer tube adapter, the Hera side folding unit (SFU), a carbine length mil spec 7 position buffer tube, and MFT Minimalist stock will get me to +29.1" OA when fully extended. That's with a castle nut but otherwise with the tube threaded in as far as possible, so could probably gain another .25" if necessary. I have not actually assembled this combination yet. YMMV.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Perhaps someone else can confirm. IF my calculations and measurements are correct, a stock EVO3 with compensator removed, with the CZ to AR buffer tube adapter, the Hera side folding unit (SFU), a carbine length mil spec 7 position buffer tube, and MFT Minimalist stock will get me to +29.1" OA when fully extended. That's with a castle nut but otherwise with the tube threaded in as far as possible, so could probably gain another .25" if necessary. I have not actually assembled this combination yet. YMMV.

Confirmed. That's my setup.

GetzzBrah

Mar 3, 2016
    Is the 29" OAL a federal law or a MD law? I don't remember that even being a thought when building my SBR. Luckily it is over 29" but has this always been the law? I know I have seen some very short SBR's out there

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Is the 29" OAL a federal law or a MD law? I don't remember that even being a thought when building my SBR. Luckily it is over 29" but has this always been the law? I know I have seen some very short SBR's out there

It is the Maryland State Police's interpretation of a Maryland law that went in to effect on October 1st of 2013. FSA 2013 contains a clause that automatically bans any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an OAL of less than 29". The MSP are interpreting that to include SBRs, though Engage Armament has a lawsuit challenging that interpretation underway.

If you had the SBR in a <29" configuration before October 1 2013, it is legal, but you can not currently make any new SBRs with an OAL < 29".

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I caved, I was planning on waiting for the carbine or atleast the newest version of the pistol. But after reading about the delay/changes to them and 41p changes, decided to get myself a birthday present!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Still looking for a 922r kit if anyone sees one. I have one on back order from Midway, and am on GregCotes list, but they are impossible to find. Don't actually need the adapter or the stock, just the rest of the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom