• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Still looking for a 922r kit if anyone sees one. I have one on back order from Midway, and am on GregCotes list, but they are impossible to find. Don't actually need the adapter or the stock, just the rest of the kit.

Have you considered just US aftermarket parts not made by CZ-USA?
    Included US made parts for 922r compliance:
    2- Magazined bases
    2- Magazined followers
    1- Disconnector
    1- Trigger
    1- Pistol Grip
    1- Compensator

I believe the majority of these parts are obtainable through aftermarket parts vendors. Google and you shall see mage bases/followers, triggers, grips, and muzzle devices are readily available.
    Unsure about the disconnector. But, if you use a US made stock, you should be good to go.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    CZ wants $95 for the disconnector when its available, and when you buy it separate there is no indication its US made. The only after market US grip goes for about $70, and frankly I am not into the 3d printing plastic. I have the entire kit on back order at Midway for $183. I have separate magazine parts, but could use more from the kit. Waiting on a Form 4 for a can so I don't really need the compensator, and I understand there are no marking on it anyway. As stupid as it sounds, I like the idea of documenting compliance with the "kit." I did call CZ and they said after the next batch of kits goes out, they will start making individual parts available, but no time schedule.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    The Title 2 arms is like $300 right? There are two other companies that make adapters and sell them for about $80. That plus $99 for the Magpul stock, and you save yourself some money. Wayne1 posted links somewhere for those adapters.

As far as 922 compliance, the disconnecter is really the only thing that you should have to try and source. The Everest grip, while pricey, is well worth the money. HBI sells an inexpensive spring kit,triggers and the awesome AK style safety switch (highly recommend this). And there are several places that sell muzzle devices. Lastly, the CZ website has been pretty well stocked with US followers and plates last I checked. Supposedly CZ custom is working on a drop in trigger which will help with trigger pull, and the trigger and disconnecter. Not sure on the price, but I'm sure it's not cheap.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    If you are worried about 922R, the safety and the trigger spring kit don't count as 922R parts.

I don't know where one would source a disconnector outside of CZ. When the CZ 922 kits first hit the shore, the US disconnector was breaking. I'm not sure if that continues to be a problem as the 922 kits have dried up too.

A few Evo's appeared recently, last years models, but they have dried up too.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I think I found my answer to the CZ SBR dilemma:

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2016/02/13/rehv-arms-scorpion-zap/

12710915_636260126513502_4938003212317573653_o.jpg

Just looked at the FB page. They say it's 29" with the muzzle device. I wonder if that's the one in the pic, or the factory one. It might still be just shy of OAL.

I tried checking their FB page about the 29" OAL with the muzzle device. But no luck in finding that post. I am curious to see if the .70 extended butt pad is enough to compensate for when the muzzle device is removed (for proper OAL measurement).

What sucks is their adapter is out of stock and I dont know if they are gonna make anymore.

Separately, it seems the title II arms, md longer adapter, will work. But, not as appealing since its a sudden drop from the back of the rail vs. a gradual decline. meh.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I tried checking their FB page about the 29" OAL with the muzzle device. But no luck in finding t hat post. I am curious to see if the .70 extended butt pad is enough to compensate for when the muzzle device is removed (for proper OAL measurement).

What sucks is their adapter is out of stock and I dont know if they are gonna make anymore.

Separately, it seems the title II arms, md longer adapter, will work. But, not as appealing since its a sudden drop from the back of the rail vs. a gradual decline. meh.

Yeah, I had a conversation with those guys and it won't make 29" without the muzzle device. This is definitely the better option of the two.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Yeah, I had a conversation with those guys and it won't make 29" without the muzzle device. This is definitely the better option of the two.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hm, saw someone mention the idea of attaching 2 extended buttpads together to make a bigger one. I guess first ill order the stock and the extended buttpad. From there ill see if it's feasible to even stack the original one onto the extended. If so, then ill proceed ordering another extended.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    So preliminary measurements.
    OAL with muzzle device is a little under 29" as you can see in the pictures. Before anyone freaks out, i dont have the adapter purchased. This is just the stock butted up againsr the rear of the scorpion (plus oem buttpad and extended buttpad together)

To me, it definitely looks possible to stack the buttpads to get more length. The oem buttpad is .375 while the extended is .75. So if you used 2 extended, you'd have a pad at 1.5". Idk if I have time run to the hardware store this weekend to get screws and try to mount them together. Or to remove the flash hider and measure how much more ill need to go to reach 29"

Attachments

• 20160414_194542.jpg
      20160414_194542.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 792
    • 20160414_194437.jpg
      20160414_194437.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 791

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    From your pics, the OAL without the flash hider is probably around 28 1/2 inches. The end of the barrel is right about where the cuts in the flash hider end. The stock adapter may give you another 1/4 to 1/2 inch too. Let us know how this turns out!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    From your pics, the OAL without the flash hider is probably around 28 1/2 inches. The end of the barrel is right about where the cuts in the flash hider end. The stock adapter may give you another 1/4 to 1/2 inch too. Let us know how this turns out!

Correct! I didn't realize how easy it was to undo the flash hider. but here are pics of OAL with muzzle brake off.

Additionally, when I asked Title II Arms about their stock adapter this is what they said:
    Hi , The Zhukov style stock uses a 3" long mount compared to about 1.5" to make them come in at just over 29"with the standard thin rubber pad that comes on them. Using the longer pad wont help much. If u want another option go with the AR style folder. Using the standard mount they already reach 29", can be setup to swing either way and can accept any style commercial sized buttstock. I lover the Zhukov stock the most for its sturdiness and rugged hinge but they dont have quite the extended range the others do.

As my pictures show, I disagree with the buttpad not helping. But secondly, is the rehv adapter the same length as title II arms regular adapter? I dont know. But as you can see, if one were to utilize their normal adapter, zhukov stock with oem buttpad PLUS extended, Definitely can get over 29"OAL.

Only 2 more things I have to do are:
    find a way to securely mount second pad to first then to stock.
    if someone has a rehv stock I can borrow or atleast take pictures and measure, I can see if it's possible with that better looking adapter!

Attachments

• 20160415_194009.jpg
      20160415_194009.jpg
      51.3 KB · Views: 960
    • 20160415_194114.jpg
      20160415_194114.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 872

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Just pin 3 lug mount, and your done!!

Nah, I'd rather buy that cz custom barrel before I pin anything to the barrel.

But, I forgot about something in my measurements (been a long week at work). But there is a correction I need to make. I forgot about removing the little sling adapter that comes with the scorpion. I popped it off and it measures slightly over an inch. Sooo that makes it barely over 29" oal with the Title II Arms normal adapter.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Correct measurements:

extended butt pad + normal buttpad + fully extended zhukov (yugo variant) stock = 12.5"
    cz scorpion pistol bare back to muzzle (no flash hider) = 15.125"
    title II arms adapter = 1.5"

so replacing the normal buttpad with another extended for an extra .375" would be helpful.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Long over due update. But finally had time to pass by Ace Hardware after Mother's Day Lunch. Picked up 8x1.25 metal screws and it fit nicely. So I am going to go ahead and purchase a second extended buttpad to replace the original thin one. To support the screw, I bought shaft collars with an O.D. to fit the hole and then matched spacers to fit into the collars. Why? that way there is something supporting the shaft of the screw going out that extra distance.

Once I finish attaching the second buttpad, if someone has an approved Scorpion SBR, I wouldn't mind send this to you to ensure 100% that it reaches over 29"

Attachments

• 20160508_173651.jpg
      20160508_173651.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 765
    • 20160508_173638.jpg
      20160508_173638.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 674

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Can anyone w/ a factory CZ folding stock take a look at it and see if there is room to pin it non-destructively. I'll need to be able to drill a hole clean though and not hit important bits, then put a roll pin in. I've been thinking about buying a Evo Carbine and integrally suppress it. But in MD will need to pin the stock to avoid 2 "evil features":mad54:

I bought a MPX carbine first (and have already filed the form1 for an integral suppressor) but it has a telescoping stock. Now that I've seen the Evo more its growing on me and I think I may want one of them too.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Are you building the suppressor for the MPX, or having someone do it for you?

An integrally suppressed MPX would be a nice package, and you could get around the 29" thing pretty easily too.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm building the suppressor for the MPX (I have a full machine shop.) Will chop the bbl down and weld it on for 16"bbl length. The carbine is only an inch longer than Sig's own (now cancelled?) MPX-SD. Figured I didn't want to file for a 2nd stamp (SBR) to save only 1" more. So will stay a rifle and no need to file Form20s. I will do a post on the build when I get approved. But we are getting off topic;)

It occurred to me at lunch that I could possibly pin the CZ folding *button* inoperable. So I don't necessarily need to pin the stock open, but just pin the button enough that it doesn't work. Its how the PPS43C 'pistols' are sold. The stock is folded and the button to make them open doesn't work. That might be a simpler/more discrete method. I realized I have a friend w/ a CZ Evo SBR but he moved to TN and I can't lay eyes on the stock first hand. I'm even wondering if I can remove the pin(?) that holds the button on and replace the spring that must be under it w/ a spacer and then reassemble. I really need to see one of these things up close...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom