• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    how big are your hands? for an all round perpective, the cz-82 wins hands down

But something that's handy for a desk drawer, or wherever, or if MD gets it's shit together concealed carry (or if you have a Utah CCW and leave the state) the Mak is king

I'm not a fan of the p-64 too little ammo and it HURTS to shoot it

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Sorry about that. Makarov was on my list too and I tried to edit my post but sucking at the internet right now. Need another beer.

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Well Here is the scoop I see.

Wideners has no CZ's :(

Classic has them for $269 a little steep

SOG has the Belgian Maks in stock

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Wideners had the best deal on the cz 82. 2 mags and all the accessories for around 230 dollars. The keyword there though is "had". It doesn't matter where, just get one while you still can. You can get mags separately for 30 dollars. JG sales has them with one mag for 189, but not for long. The quantity went from 99+ to "likely" within the last month.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    My experience is probably the opposite of what everyone else will tell you. I'd take the P64 over the CZ :D

The CZ, to me, is uncomfortable to hold. Unless I grab it like I'm trying to choke the life out of it, I can't keep a constant grouping, and it beats the heck out of the web of my hand. (I own two)

The P64 is a joy to shoot. Incredibly comfortable, minimal felt recoil compared to my CZs and, for me, much more accurate. I think, for me, it just fits my hand better. I actually wouldn't mind picking up at least one more. The only down side is the smaller capacity mag, but nobody says I can't carry more than one....

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think the best made pistol of the three is the East German Makarov!!! I think its the Cadillac of 9x18 pistols!!!! do your research if you can afford just one then get the EG Mak

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Wideners had the best deal on the cz 82. 2 mags and all the accessories for around 230 dollars. The keyword there though is "had". It doesn't matter where, just get one while you still can. You can get mags separately for 30 dollars. JG sales has them with one mag for 189, but not for long. The quantity went from 99+ to "likely" within the last month.

Thanks for the heads up.

So far I'm leaning to the CZ-82 from J&G or SOG. Cant tell which ones are better but the JG deal seems better because it comes with a holster.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    CZ...

bbff4fdb.jpg
    [/IMG]

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I gotta say, again, for an all arounder the CZ is best, for ease of carry and use and general feel, pick the makarov, the p-64 is just a POS IMO

That's a little harsh on the P-64. It's got a lot of punch, is reasonably accurate at typical self-defense ranges, and they are really nicely made (as are all Radom firearms that I've seen). Best of all, they are compact, and will fit a Walther PPK holster.

But they will beat your hand up, and they aren't a good plinking or target shooting firearm.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore

189 if you buy 2 or more is 199 each still not bad just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom