• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgdguns

Feb 21, 2016
    Its not just an email but a signed and approved form from your application. The issue is some "rookie" or poorly informed ATF officer not understanding why you have an SBR with no tax stamp. That box was checked off on the app if you clicked the link for the amnesty form 1.
    That is a designation on the tax form basically explaining why the tax was not collected much like a deduction on your income tax. Previous situations like this the actual stamp was issued.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    Just got back a form 4….. to bad shop doesn’t open until tomorrow! Oh well, what’s one more day? Certified 1/6/23, approved 7/10/23….

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Now, you may get arrested for "contempt of cop", however technically, you have no obligation to prove ownership to a police officer, sheriff, deputy, or FWC/DNR/(whatever your equivalent) is officer. Only the ATF and perhaps the IRS have the legal authority to demand to see your tax stamp. Otherwise, without a warrant, they can pound sand.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Well I did 11 Amnesty Form 1s in the beginning of may got 10 of the 11 back about a month or so ago, and low and behold the 11th showed up yesterday. I guess they can only batch 10 at a time :shrug:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    EForm1 in 27 days! (via Silencershop for a 10.5" 300blk sbr)

53090123352_5ae8e8f60b_o_d.jpg

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Form 4’s have been running at least a year lately. You’re about halfway there!
    None of mine or my customers efile 4s have been a year. High watermark was 9 months. Have been dropping to 7-8 months now if not lower going by annihilation’s post.
    SS list 122 days to 8 months with 6 being average.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    None of mine or my customers efile 4s have been a year. High watermark was 9 months. Have been dropping to 7-8 months now if not lower going by annihilation’s post.
    SS list 122 days to 8 months with 6 being average.
    Last I followed on here people were reporting 400+ day waits. My last 3 e-form 4’s (thru SilencerShop) came back in 8 or 9 months, IIRC. Good to hear the e-forms are starting to come back faster, as they had been advertised.

Thanks for the update and correction.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Last I followed on here people were reporting 400+ day waits. My last 3 e-form 4’s (thru SilencerShop) came back in 8 or 9 months, IIRC. Good to hear the e-forms are starting to come back faster, as they had been advertised.

Thanks for the update and correction.
    My last two (submitted July 22) came back in 265 days. Eform 4s. The only things I've seen over a year were paper forms.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    FREAKIN STOKED.

eForm 4
    Submitted: 5/18/2023
    Approved: 8/10/2023

HOW. I dont' even care how. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EDIT: ADDING A PICTURE CUS I AM EXCITED

53107334670_6d13ffc027_o_d.jpg