• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Ok 11 eForm1s submitted on May 7th, 10 of 11 approved today. I have to see what happened with the 11

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Ok I noticed something weird with the brace amnesty Form 1, upon approval they do not actually give you anything looking like a tax stamp, is this weird?

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    Just by question, what do people mean took the paperwork to the MSP? I don't remember taking anything to the MSP myself. I purchased through a suppressor from capitolarmory back on Jan 2nd. My Eform 4 was submitted on the 8th I also purchased from a dropshipper and efiled with a local FFL. That was submitted on Jan 13th. There was a mixup somehow. The capitolarmory was submitted to my trust. However, the local FFL submitted as an individual.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Ok I noticed something weird with the brace amnesty Form 1, upon approval they do not actually give you anything looking like a tax stamp, is this weird?
    It's because it's FREE!! The stamp is $200, so if you didn't pay for an actual stamp you don't get one........

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    Grrr, eform1 submitted 4/6 via Silencershop. It has been in "submitted" status ever since.
    I submitted three myself around the same time….. any idea what’s going on? Is it a silencer shop issue, or you think the ATF is just dragging it out to see how the lawsuits work out?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Is that answer i give when asked by a LEO where my tax stamp is for my SBR?
    I don't remember getting a stamp when I did a form 1 suppressor either. I've got an email from the ATF though. I imagine it's the same for this form 1.

Why would an LEO be asking for a tax stamp from you? Assuming you are a citizen of this country, you aren't required to "show your papers". I can't imagine a scenario where a cop would come up to me, demand to see a tax stamp and I would have an obligation to comply. I might be missing something though...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Look at the box checked “tax exempt”. You don’t get a tax stamp apparently, since you didn’t pay a tax fee. Got my 3 back today and almost panicked too. The signed paperwork works for me. The tax stamp process was granted as an “amnesty”, so it makes sense, not just given a “free tax stamp” as commonly or colloquially referred to by many.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Look at the box checked “tax exempt”. You don’t get a tax stamp apparently, since you didn’t pay a tax fee. Got my 3 back today and almost panicked too. The signed paperwork works for me. The tax stamp process was granted as an “amnesty”, so it makes sense, not just given a “free tax stamp” as commonly or colloquially referred to by many.
    I agree my concern is if you get some LEO that feels there should be a tax stamp and questions the validity of some PDF that really in my eyes i would question as well. If you scan through it nothing pops saying this is official besides the ATF logo at the top.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I don't remember getting a stamp when I did a form 1 suppressor either. I've got an email from the ATF though. I imagine it's the same for this form 1.

Why would an LEO be asking for a tax stamp from you? Assuming you are a citizen of this country, you aren't required to "show your papers". I can't imagine a scenario where a cop would come up to me, demand to see a tax stamp and I would have an obligation to comply. I might be missing something though...

The question is how much time do you have to waste while they figure out what they can and cannot do. It must be nice to have nothing going on where you can waste time arguing this at the range or on the side of the road or wherever. You ask why would they, but it has happened so it is not like I am talking about some unicorn of an encounter.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Only an ATF agent can demand to see your stamp(s) under federal law. That doesn't prevent some LEO's from thinking they can demand to see anything they want.

A lot of LEO's are severely misinformed about what they can and can't do under NFA. Hell, I had a LEO try to confiscate a personally owned AR-15 from me because he thought it was an illegal machine gun. His supervisor set him straight real fast.

rgdguns

Feb 21, 2016
    So another ATF scam her is a free tax stamp OH by the way we are only giving you an email not a tax stamp! I guess congress needs to get involved before they can give you a free tax stamp. Another Biden magic wand fraud scheme.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    So another ATF scam her is a free tax stamp OH by the way we are only giving you an email not a tax stamp! I guess congress needs to get involved before they can give you a free tax stamp. Another Biden magic wand fraud scheme.
    Again, it’s marked on the APPROVED PAPERWORK pdf file as “tax exempt”, therefore there is no tax stamp. You receive a tax stamp when you pay for a tax stamp as it’s required to be paid for. In this, case we paid for squat, as it was EXEMPT from fees. Everyone can relax. Here is a portion of one of mine, first page upper right hand corner.
    9C924248-4616-42F4-BF82-F5767139CBCA.jpeg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Its not just an email but a signed and approved form from your application. The issue is some "rookie" or poorly informed ATF officer not understanding why you have an SBR with no tax stamp. That box was checked off on the app if you clicked the link for the amnesty form 1.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Form 1 suppressors will have a stamp. The email has an attachment w/ the stamp & form. Or you can log onto your eForms account and download it. But you'll have a stamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom