• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Eform 1 submitted on 1/30/23 for AOW. email approval received this morning, 2/26/23.

Eform 1 submitted on 1/30/23 for SBR (unrelated to this brace nonsense). Still in "submitted". Approved via email this morning, 3/3/23

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Why does a Form 4 take so much time vs a Form 1? Are they not doing the same background checks for a Form 1?
    Likely due to the extreme number of Form 4's in the que, they are still processing paper forms from last year that have not yet been completed. Silencer Shop was sending in forms by the truckload last year.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    It took 16 months for my latest (paper) Form 4 to get approved, and after a month I'm still waiting on the approval paperwork to complete the transfer.

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Question for the group as these are my first "stamps". Received the emails from ATF with the digital stamp. Is that it? Am I to expect any real paperwork to be mailed back to me?
    Thanks,

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Question for the group as these are my first "stamps". Received the emails from ATF with the digital stamp. Is that it? Am I to expect any real paperwork to be mailed back to me?
    Thanks,
    That’s it
    Make a couple copies
    I leave one in the safe and one in my truck

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks,
    That’s it
    Make a couple copies
    I leave one in the safe and one in my truck
    I would also keep digital copies on the cloud or personal server that way you can access them via your phone or computer for any reason.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Silencer Shop employee told me they went from 150k units a year to 600k last year. Apparently many people were not going to buy a can if it took a year to get but 3 months they were on board. I told my customers it wasn’t realistic and if we’re lucky by summer of 23 it may get to 90 days. Alas now we have millions applying for tax exempt form 1s so the situation isn’t getting better anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom