• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Got two more eF4's approved yesterday. One email came in morning and another at 10PM at night. One had been submitted on 9/29 and the other 8/12. Both individuals

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Submitted 2 "free" forms on Feb 21st. One is still in "Pending Research" and one I expect to be outright denied (to later be submitted w/ $200 tax) is still "Submitted/In Process".

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I screwed up and submitted a lower that began its life as a rifle instead of a stripped lower. I will resubmit and pay the $200.
    I don't think that is grounds for denial? Is this even a thing? Does ATF even keep track of that, and cross reference it? What if you bought a rifle, then changed it into a pistol, then went the brace route? I don't think they can deny it if it was sold as a rifle initially. But what do I know.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I don't think that is grounds for denial? Is this even a thing? Does ATF even keep track of that, and cross reference it? What if you bought a rifle, then changed it into a pistol, then went the brace route? I don't think they can deny it if it was sold as a rifle initially. But what do I know.
    It will be denied because this was an "amnesty" free submission, which was supposed to be only for braced pistols and not pre-existing rifles.

Either way, the 80-day window is fast approaching where it will automatically be denied.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    It will be denied because this was an "amnesty" free submission, which was supposed to be only for braced pistols and not pre-existing rifles.

Either way, the 80-day window is fast approaching where it will automatically be denied.

But if you bought a rifle 10 years ago. Turned it into a pistol 5 years ago. Put a brace on it 3 years ago. Why would it not qualify?

And do you really think the ATF is cross referencing your submission, with what the lower was sold as during point of sale? I'm going to guess the answer is no.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    But if you bought a rifle 10 years ago. Turned it into a pistol 5 years ago. Put a brace on it 3 years ago. Why would it not qualify?

And do you really think the ATF is cross referencing your submission, with what the lower was sold as during point of sale? I'm going to guess the answer is no.
    If a weapon begins it's life as a rifle, it can not be remade as a pistol, it can only become a Short Barreled Rifle. If it begins its life as a pistol, it can change back and forth.

The ATF doesn't have to cross reference, the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S was never offered as a pistol.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I must have been unlucky, It took 3 months for them to deny my amnesty submissions. They were denied because I submitted them as a trust (so my wife could also legally posses/access/etc them) instead of an individual. I was supposed to prove that they were property of the trust before the rule was made. I showed proof of purchase, but they wanted some kind of proof they were on the property sheet for the trust before they made their rule...like...bruh. Put in the amnesty try on 1/18, denied Apr 21. It took over 3 months to hear back.

I've re-submitted them again and paid my $200 each to register them under the trust...now we wait.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I still have yet to get a batch approval for brace amnesty stuff, but a few on Redditt did.

Submitted these 3 on 2-14, got them back on 3-20, 4-19 and 4-25 for 34, 64 and 70 days respectively. Most other amnesty form 1s Ive done have been between 30 and 60 days, have another couple batches in the works, but seems like the wait times are getting a little longer.
    20230426_090302.jpg

papnschmilees

Apr 1, 2023
    US
    Just got my free form 1 approved
    3/23-4/26
    80% lower 12.5 barrel 5.56

Submitted through silencershop..

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads