Submitted: 6/06/15
    Approved: 9/27/15

Form 1 300 BLK Suppressor
    Submitted: 6/06/15

Form 1 300 BLK SBR
    Submitted: 7/21/15

I was surprised by the SBR being approved at the same time, especially when it was over a month from the other two. All signed by Ted Cutler

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Nice turnaround! That gives some credence to the idea that they do some type or combination of; person/trust submitted, Form type, or state, in bulk approval sessions. He probably saw you had another eFile pending and just hooked you up. Mr. Clutter goes back-and-forth on his moods, which is understandable working for that agency.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Strange happenings as I see it. My first form 4 trust check cashed in Feb and was approved in May, 90 days later. Now, I am still waiting on another form 4 trust and that check cashed May 5. In another week it will be 150 days, with no end in sight.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Form 1 (SBR) via eFile (trust) - 1 Oct
    CC charged - 1 Oct
    Now, the [~four month?] wait begins....

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Strange happenings as I see it. My first form 4 trust check cashed in Feb and was approved in May, 90 days later. Now, I am still waiting on another form 4 trust and that check cashed May 5. In another week it will be 150 days, with no end in sight.

UPDATE:
    Had two Form 4 for different trusts, one for a suppressor, the other a MG. Everything went to BATFE in the same envelope. Both checks were cashed May 4 and the applications went pending at that time.

The Suppressor stamp is dated August 31 (119 days), and the MG stamp is dated September 23 (142 days). Each Form 4 was approved by a different Authorized ATF official. I think it is strange that my two applications were split up and landed on different desks.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    UPDATE:
    Had two Form 4 for different trusts, one for a suppressor, the other a MG. Everything went to BATFE in the same envelope. Both checks were cashed May 4 and the applications went pending at that time.

The Suppressor stamp is dated August 31 (119 days), and the MG stamp is dated September 23 (142 days). Each Form 4 was approved by a different Authorized ATF official. I think it is strange that my two applications were split up and landed on different desks.

I've definitely heard ATF before say that "if it came in one envelope, it leaves in one envelope" more or less. That was, of course, ******** as we can tell from your above situation.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    Individual paper file

.22 Suppresor

Check cashed July 15
    Stamp recieved October 3

80 days. Seems pretty quick if you don't count the MSP wait.

I'm going to Engage tomorrow to pick it up.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Individual paper file

.22 Suppresor

Check cashed July 15
    Stamp recieved October 3

80 days. Seems pretty quick if you don't count the MSP wait.

I'm going to Engage tomorrow to pick it up.

For some incomprehensible reason, trusts are taking longer than individuals. I'm still waiting on my Form 4 - check cashed June 17th.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    UPDATE:

I've definitely heard ATF before say that "if it came in one envelope, it leaves in one envelope" more or less. That was, of course, ******** as we can tell from your above situation.

Indeed. I'll add that both trusts were identical Brittany Stouffer trusts where literally only the name of each trust was different, and one was for a MG and the other adding a can to a trust that already had a MG in it from an earlier May approval. I am trustee and beneficiary on both. That they got approved at different times since they were very nearly identical is what really puzzled me.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Why do you have more than one trust?

Just wondering.

Provides clarity if adding different beneficiaries who are getting access to different firearms, and for more simply and certainly providing for different recipients at the time of my death. Since there was no extra cost for having multiple trusts, it was an easy decision.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Form 4 Suppressor
    Trust
    Mailed: 6/1
    Pending: Don't know
    Check cashed: Don't know
    Approved: 9/25 by Sarah Dunlap
    Picked up: 10/5

ac70d9bb-9a7a-4654-b868-243bd5002d11_zpsbbycs2ho.jpg

Last edited:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Just got the email from Joe at SureShot that my Sandman S is ready to pick up........

Form 4 Suppressor
    Trust
    Purchase out-of-state: 4/9
    Form 3 Approved: 6/05
    Mailed Form 4: 6/12
    Check cashed: 6/17
    Approved: TBD
    Picked up: 10/9

Exactly 6 months from purchase date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics